Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I am going to jump to my theory of what happened:

The plane had an attempted hijack, by either well trained hijackers, the pilots or a combination of hijackers forcing the pilots to do what they did.

Communications were turned off, and the plane diverted off its original course. Its been said the plane flew over 6 or 7 other countries

Surely one of these countries tracked an unidentified aircraft in its airspace...tried to make contact with no success. jet fighters were scrambled and all attempts of making contact and getting the plane to divert/land proved futile. Sadly they then reverted to the last resort and shot the thing down. The debris is now scattered over a remote part of that country and that country's government is not admitting it shot down an aircraft and killed 239 people. Especially if that country is politically at loggerheads with another country such as Malaysia (the national carrier) or China (where most passengers were from) or other political squabbling between nations....

Comment

• Originally posted by pierpp View Post
      Ok, I am going to jump to my theory of what happened:

The plane had an attempted hijack, by either well trained hijackers, the pilots or a combination of hijackers forcing the pilots to do what they did.

Communications were turned off, and the plane diverted off its original course. Its been said the plane flew over 6 or 7 other countries

Surely one of these countries tracked an unidentified aircraft in its airspace...tried to make contact with no success. jet fighters were scrambled and all attempts of making contact and getting the plane to divert/land proved futile. Sadly they then reverted to the last resort and shot the thing down. The debris is now scattered over a remote part of that country and that country's government is not admitting it shot down an aircraft and killed 239 people. Especially if that country is politically at loggerheads with another country such as Malaysia (the national carrier) or China (where most passengers were from) or other political squabbling between nations....
      Not impossible, I suppose, which means you're officially not the craziest person to ever make a post on this forum. So good job on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post
        Not impossible, I suppose, which means you're officially not the craziest person to ever make a post on this forum. So good job on that.
        One small possible flaw in the hypothesis is that one would have expected some chatter between C+C and the aircraft or battery. And we know who would be listening in to that and would have a satellite take a nice piccy of the wreckage before anybody could get to and clear the scene.

Of course they might be using that piccy to blackmail the leader if they don't already have some of a more intimate nature ...

In other news the Sunday Sport will shortly announce a B52 has company:
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/62440303@N04/5683785190/

And all this makes more sense than some of the official information coming out of Malaysia. Games are being played.

Comment

• Press Conference: Search area expanded to 2.24 Million Sq. NM

AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
          the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Ok, I am going to jump to my theory of what happened:
            Or maybe it was the Malaysians themselves who shot it down.
            Perhaps the aircraft was hijacked at the point where the transponder was turned off, headed straight back towards the Petronas towers in the capital for a terrorist attack, and the Malaysian air force scrambled in time and were able to shoot it down.

But that now they in conjunction with the US and other nations are covering it up to avoid the criticism of the failure to prevent the attack (airport security lacking) to prevent the publicity for the terrorists, and to avoid angering China many of whose citizens would have lost their lives.

On the other hand, why would terrorists choose to fly a plane into the Petronas towers at night? Daytime would provide a better view for the world's media.

Comment

• We are getting all this confusing bluster from the military, political & PR stuffed shirts who have no special knowledge and may be being briefed by people with even less.

AFAIK we have not heard from the actual Investigation Team. I presume this is led by the Malaysian Accident Agency with assistance from the US and UK agencies representing the airframe and engines and possibly the Chinese. Whilst the Malaysians will chair this I guess the donkey work is being done by the most able and experienced members whatever the nationality. Some of whom will have links back into their home intelligence services.

Isn't it usual to publish a preliminary report within 14 days of the incident? This might not be able to tell us much of what happened but would be very useful in telling us what did not happen hence removing a lot of irrelevant speculation.

Is there anybody here with experience of theses teams who could give some background as to what is probably going on and when we might expect to have some authoritative information on MH370 in objective technical written format?

Comment

• I have seen this posted on Facebook with a link to google where a guy called Chris Goodfellow has commented: Your views?

MH370 A different point of view. Pulau Langkawi 13,000 runway.

A lot of speculation about MH370. Terrorism, hijack, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN - almost disturbing. I tend to look for a more simple explanation of this event.

Loaded 777 departs midnight from Kuala to Beijing. Hot night. Heavy aircraft. About an hour out across the gulf towards Vietnam the plane goes dark meaning the transponder goes off and secondary radar tracking goes off.

Two days later we hear of reports that Malaysian military radar (which is a primary radar meaning the plane is being tracked by reflection rather than by transponder interrogation response) has tracked the plane on a southwesterly course back across the Malay Peninsula into the straits of Malacca.

When I heard this I immediately brought up Google Earth and I searched for airports in proximity to the track towards southwest.

The left turn is the key here. This was a very experienced senior Captain with 18,000 hours. Maybe some of the younger pilots interviewed on CNN didn't pick up on this left turn. We old pilots were always drilled to always know the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us and airports ahead of us. Always in our head. Always. Because if something happens you don't want to be thinking what are you going to do - you already know what you are going to do. Instinctively when I saw that left turn with a direct heading I knew he was heading for an airport. Actually he was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi a 13,000 foot strip with an approach over water at night with no obstacles. He did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000 foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier towards Langkawi and also a shorter distance.

Take a look on Google Earth at this airport. This pilot did all the right things. He was confronted by some major event onboard that made him make that immediate turn back to the closest safe airport.
                For me the loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense if a fire. There was most likely a fire or electrical fire. In the case of fire the first response if to pull all the main busses and restore circuits one by one until you have isolated the bad one.

If they pulled the busses the plane indeed would go silent. It was probably a serious event and they simply were occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, Navigate and lastly communicate. There are two types of fires. Electrical might not be as fast and furious and there might or might not be incapacitating smoke. However there is the possibility given the timeline that perhaps there was an overheat on one of the front landing gear tires and it blew on takeoff and started slowly burning. Yes this happens with underinflated tires. Remember heavy plane, hot night, sea level, long run takeoff. There was a well known accident in Nigeria of a DC8 that had a landing gear fire on takeoff. A tire fire once going would produce horrific incapacitating smoke. Yes, pilots have access to oxygen masks but this is a no no with fire. Most have access to a smoke hood with a filter but this will only last for a few minutes depending on the smoke level. (I used to carry one of my own in a flight bag and I still carry one in my briefcase today when I fly).

What I think happened is that they were overcome by smoke and the plane just continued on the heading probably on George (autopilot) until either fuel exhaustion or fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. I said four days ago you will find it along that route - looking elsewhere was pointless.

This pilot, as I say, was a hero struggling with an impossible situation trying to get that plane to Langkawi. No doubt in my mind. That's the reason for the turn and direct route. A hijack would not have made that deliberate left turn with a direct heading for Langkawi. It would probably have weaved around a bit until the hijackers decided on where they were taking it.

Surprisingly none of the reporters , officials, other pilots interviewed have looked at this from the pilot's viewpoint. If something went wrong where would he go? Thanks to Google earth I spotted Langkawi in about 30 seconds, zoomed in and saw how long the runway was and I just instinctively knew this pilot knew this airport. He had probably flown there many times. I guess we will eventually find out when you help me spread this theory on the net and some reporters finally take a look on Google earth and put 2 and 2 together. Also a look at the age and number of cycles on those nose tires might give us a good clue too.

Fire in an aircraft demands one thing - you get the machine on the ground as soon as possible. There are two well remembered experiences in my memory. The AirCanada DC9 which landed I believe in Columbus Ohio in the eighties. That pilot delayed descent and bypassed several airports. He didn't instinctively know the closest airports. He got it on the ground eventually but lost 30 odd souls. In the 1998 crash of Swissair DC-10 off Nova Scotia was another example of heroic pilots. They were 15 minutes out of Halifax but the fire simply overcame them and they had to ditch in the ocean. Just ran out of time. That fire incidentally started when the aircraft was about an hour out of Kennedy. Guess what the transponders and communications were shut off as they pulled the busses.

Get on Google Earth and type in Pulau Langkawi and then look at it in relation to the radar track heading. 2+2=4 That for me is the simple explanation why it turned and headed in that direction.

Smart pilot. Just didn't have the time.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Comment

• pierpp

Your theory has credence, well it did until you call the Captain of the Swiss Air flight a hero! Better read up on that one!

B.B.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                    pierpp

Your theory has credence, well it did until you call the Captain of the Swiss Air flight a hero! Better read up on that one!

B.B.
                    BB, that was all copied and pasted from the link...! Not my words!
                    My theory is above, the attempted hijacking

Comment

BB, that was all copied and pasted from the link...! Not my words!
                      My theory is above, the attempted hijacking

Noted.

Comment

pierpp

B.B.
                        I appreciate your "credence" comment BB, which takes me back to the very 1st post I made on here. Boeing have issues with the ELB on the dreamliner, one caught fire on the Ethiopian 787 last year. The faulty ELB are not unique to the 787, and are used on other aircraft. If the ELB was faulty on MH370, spontaneously caught fire mid flight, and the pilots did all the things as mentioned in my lengthy post above, then maybe that is what happened....maybe just maybe thats the answer....

Comment

I have seen this posted on Facebook with a link to google where a guy called Chris Goodfellow has commented: Your views?

MH370 A different point of view. Pulau Langkawi 13,000 runway.

A lot of speculation about MH370. Terrorism, hijack, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN - almost disturbing. I tend to look for a more simple explanation of this event.
                          Part of that disturbing coverage on CNN included the fact that the first turn was pre-programmed into the computer...

Also, the plane didn't just continue on its track; it changed heading.

However, imagining this plane burning away for 7 hours as it drifted thousands of miles through the night sky, the occupants long since overcome by smoke, until at last the wings and tail themselves started burning away, conjures an interesting image.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying View Post
                            Part of that disturbing coverage on CNN included the fact that the first turn was pre-programmed into the computer...

Also, the plane didn't just continue on its track; it changed heading.

However, imagining this plane burning away for 7 hours as it drifted thousands of miles through the night sky, the occupants long since overcome by smoke, until at last the wings and tail themselves started burning away, conjures an interesting image.
                            Then again, surely someone on the ground along that lengthy 7 hour flight path would have noticed a flying ball of fire at some point and reported it....hmmm...more answers leads to more questions!

Comment

I appreciate your "credence" comment BB, which takes me back to the very 1st post I made on here. Boeing have issues with the ELB on the dreamliner, one caught fire on the Ethiopian 787 last year. The faulty ELB are not unique to the 787, and are used on other aircraft. If the ELB was faulty on MH370, spontaneously caught fire mid flight, and the pilots did all the things as mentioned in my lengthy post above, then maybe that is what happened....maybe just maybe thats the answer....
                              Now I wonder even more.... By your earlier comment you have led us to believe that you are one of the "Old pilots". What is an ELB? Are you talking about the ELT? I guarantee you that all aircraft that were or are using the same ELT that had a problem on the 787 have either been removed from service or inspected.

Comment

Now I wonder even more.... By your earlier comment you have led us to believe that you are one of the "Old pilots". What is an ELB? Are you talking about the ELT? I guarantee you that all aircraft that were or are using the same ELT that had a problem on the 787 have either been removed from service or inspected.
                                Guys, I visited the link and copied and pasted it, incase some readers couldnt access the link for whatever reason. As mentioned I am no pilot nor do I work in aviation, nor claim to be an expert in this field. I merely take a huge interest and visit this forum often. But like many people I have ideas and opinions as to what happened. One of them is that the ELT was still faulty, caused a mid flight fire and that ties up with the post I copied, and my other theory is an attempted hijack that turned off course, and then shot down by the military of one of the 6 or 7 countries it supposedly flew over, and no responsibility has been admitted for political reasons.....just saying....

Comment

Working...
                                X