Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank's Fading Aviation Forum...

...anyone know what is up?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

What is Up ? ........

Above: On top of: Elevated: opposite of Down.

Next question !
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Nope, it has been down for more than a week now.
      Awaiting "humour" from Brian.
      Per
      Ancient Mariner
      Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine View Post
        Nope, it has been down for more than a week now.
        Awaiting "humour" from Brian.
        Per
        I am hoping it's some sort of overload...there was one extremely good post regarding the missing aircraft that may be too popular???

...or then again, maybe it's the superior humour overloading the interwebs at Franks place.

I have a flight report I was wanting to post for Dummy Pilot...he's much cooler than that jerk V-Nav.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          I am hoping it's some sort of overload...there was one extremely good post regarding the missing aircraft that may be too popular???

...or then again, maybe it's the superior humour overloading the interwebs at Franks place.

I have a flight report I was wanting to post for Dummy Pilot...he's much cooler than that jerk V-Nav.
          Agree on DP, way cooler than V-Nav. Anyone knows how to contact Frank? I miss my dose of bad humour.
          Per
          Ancient Mariner

Comment

Among the most crucial differences are:

The Aviation Safety Forum is listed before the Aviation Forum.

"Aircraft X, Y, Z Troubles, The Latest News" threads provide organized insight like no other threads.

And the relative post count in Aviation fora versus the Off-Topic forum (and the Railroad Thread within).

...truly sets it apart.

Comment

Being serious now guys. It's not a forum I've heard of. Do tell more......and I promise I won't spoil it !
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Sorry Brian, that forum is for the very few dedicated professionals with extreme aviation knowledge.
                Isn't it, 3WE, Gabriel, Halcyon Days?
                Per
                Ancient Mariner

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine View Post
                  Sorry Brian, that forum is for the very few dedicated professionals with extreme aviation knowledge.
                  Isn't it, 3WE, Gabriel, Halcyon Days?
                  Per
                  The last Britt that came in cluttered (and continues to clutter) all the forums with OT posts about donkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                    Being serious now guys. It's not a forum I've heard of. Do tell more......and I promise I won't spoil it !

Once upon a time, there was page dedicated to aviation disasters that, among other features, had a forum that was quite popular.

Once upon a time, the forum sunk (or was sunk?) and a lot of castaways arrived (almost forced) to the the Jetphotos forum as refugees.

The new forum had a definitively different style. Many refugees didn't like it and left. Some others (typically, transport category pilots) didn't like it, didn't leave and were eventually banned. Others adapted themselves to the new medium.

Some pioneers among those unhappy with the new "imposed" forum formed a successor of the old one. Many members of the different categories joined, some leaving Jetphotos and some playing in both of them. At least one of them is not among us anymore. The fate of others is unknown.

Since some days ago, the successor forum in unreachable.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

...anyone know what is up?
                      It's working right now. Don't know for how long, as it briefly came back on April 1st and then broke up and did died again.

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airdisaster.com

Once upon a time, there was page dedicated to aviation disasters that, among other features, had a forum that was quite popular.

Once upon a time, a 777 crashed and the forum exploded and a lot of castaways arrived (almost forced) to the the Jetphotos forum as refugees.

The new forum had a definitively different style. Many refugees didn't like it and left. Some others (typically, transport category pilots) didn't like it, didn't leave and were eventually banned. Others adapted themselves to the new medium.

Some pioneers among those unhappy with the new "imposed" forum formed a successor of the old one. Many members of the different categories -and Not_Karl- joined, some leaving Jetphotos and some playing in both of them. At least one of them is not among us anymore. The fate of others is unknown.

Then, a second 777 crashed and Not_Karl feared for the worst, but nothing happened. This made Not_Karl think that a 777 crash did not necessarily mean a forum crash and he remained calm when it happened again. As usual, he was wrong.
                      Fixed.
                      "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Junior member...one post.

Amazing.

Are you Karl?

Comment

Junior member...one post.

Amazing.

Are you Karl?
                          Of course I am... _Not.
                          "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Well...sorta like that black box pinger...there one minute, gone the next...

Comment

Monchavo?

Comment

Working...
                              X