No announcement yet.

Malaysia T7 down!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and here is puta...er, putin's logic for supporting the separatists: "they speak the russian language so they have the right to be protected and given arms by mother russia."

i almost wish he would try that bullshit with the god knows how many russian speaking people around the world.

whata fuckin assfuck. here's praying there is a really special place in hell for fucktards like him.

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash
      2: It was probably foolish for the airlines to be conducting flights in what is essentially a war zone, especially so shortly after a military plane was allegedly shot down.
      US carriers are, in fact, prohibited from operating over the area by an FDC Notam issued back on 23 April. Read it here:

EASA stopped short of issuing an outright prohibition, but issued a recommendation against operating in the area even earlier, back on 7 April.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        and here is puta...er, putin's logic for supporting the separatists: "they speak the russian language so they have the right to be protected and given arms by mother russia."

i almost wish he would try that bullshit with the god knows how many russian speaking people around the world.

whata fuckin assfuck. here's praying there is a really special place in hell for fucktards like him.
        The extra-special part was when Putin called Obama directly this morning to say, "hey, look what I did bitch".

And Obama was so upset that he actaully dedicated 2 whole sentences about it this morning before he got into his prepared jokes.

I hate to make this about politics but when a commercial alirliner is plucked out of the sky and it's part of some dick dispute between these 2, it's kinda about politics.

The president spoke briefly about the crash as he appeared in Delaware and said his national security team are working to determine if there were any U.S. citizens on board.

Comment

ATLCrew... are you sure about that?

The area of prohibited flight is NOT where this aircraft crashed. The second NOTAM regarding risks regarding communications was in the general area, however would relate far more to low altitude aircraft.

Haendli has the idea - what appears to have been missed by the various agencies doing the risk assessments has been that there were seriously powerful SAMs in the hands of unreliable groups. That is fairly unusual and is why flight over war zones is usually considered safe. Remember we've been flying over Afghanistan and Iraq for years - the weapons used by the rebels in these places have limited ceilings that don't pose a threat to high altitude aircraft.

There will be a lot of agencies trying to cover their backsides in the next few days, from ICAO down to airlines' risk assessment departments. There's plenty of other major carriers that have been using that air route, and they'll be taking a pretty close look at the way the risk has been assessed!

Comment

The discussion of whether they should or shouldn't have flown there is going to require very careful analysis.

Sitting here to today, after the fact, indeed they should not have flown there.

However, we really aren't in a position to say whether the decision making beforehand was sound or not until there is more investigation.

I'll say that given the normally extreme safety culture that exists for just about all aspects of flight, that planes should stay way away from "war zones".

But as MCM is pointing out that it's not clear that this plane was truly in the predetermined danger zone...
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              Lots. There will be no "MISSILE HIT" ACARS message, but many different systems failing at the same time can point to a sudden catastrophic failure.
              Thanks.

Comment

Well - here are a few thoughts of mine (just got home and read the news):

a) Malaysia Airlines is almost 100% government-owned so they need not file for bankruptcy or something similar, and they will survive, as long as the country Malaysia gives them money.

b) With not even the FAA restricting overflight in this particular area of the Ukraine, I doubt that the airline can be faulted for this tragedy. I am pretty certain that plenty of other European and Asian airlines have passed over this area in the last couple of weeks without incident (personally, I am too lazy to look it up on flight radar).

c) Giving the separatists high-flying SAMs is criminal.

d) Overflying zones of unrest (to avoid the words 'war zone') is common practice. For example, many flights to Southeast Asia pass over Kashmir.

Comment

Originally posted by Haendli View Post
                  The Restriction of the FAA was only for possible bad fight controlers and russian and ucrainian Controlers giving different orders. And it was only for the Area that claimed itself indipendent fro the Ukraine so only the southern part was included in this area niot the eastern Area where it happend. In Crisis or "War Areas" the Airspace is only closed to the flightlevel that possible Anti Aircraft system can reach. Till Today most Airlines and Authorities thaugt this would be About 12000 feet. That a System that is capable up to 60000 feet got known to military and intelligence services some weeks ago and did not find there way to flight Authorities and Airlines.

Greets Mike
                  In 1960 Gary Powers was shot down from 60.000 feet by a anti-aircraft Soviet missile.

Comment

Originally posted by ultraflight View Post
                    In 1960 Gary Powers was shot down from 60.000 feet by a anti-aircraft Soviet missile.
                    I think Haendli meant that such a system was in the hands of the Ukrainian rebels was not known.
                    Last edited by Peter Kesternich; 2014-07-18, 05:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                      I think Haendli meant that such a system was in the hands of the Ukrainian rebels was not known.
                      Quite. A classic example of underestimating the enemy by the authorities. With hindsight, of course.

Anyone know at which altitude the Ukrainian plane was shot down from, earlier?
                      Last edited by ultraflight; 2014-07-18, 07:03. Reason: Additional question.

Comment

It was known by western military intelligence that they were in possession of SA-11's and at least one Buk launcher captured from the Ukranian military. It was also known that they were on a mad turkey shoot of any transport that caught their beady little eyes. It was suspected that the Russians might also be supplying more of these.

What wasn't known by these various agencies, it seems, was communication skills and basic math. Same old story.

Comment

Originally posted by retox View Post
                          The extra-special part was when Putin called Obama directly this morning to say, "hey, look what I did bitch".

And Obama was so upset that he actaully dedicated 2 whole sentences about it this morning before he got into his prepared jokes.

I hate to make this about politics but when a commercial alirliner is plucked out of the sky and it's part of some dick dispute between these 2, it's kinda about politics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ers-board.html
                          The Daily Mail, read by many millions more morons every day...

Enter the facts: Putin called Obama to deny Russia's involvement and to express his condolences. He blamed it on the resumption of Ukranian military operations. Obama discussed with him the necessity of neither nation interfering with the crash investigation. In other words, Obama immediately stepped up to let Putin know that any tampering with the evidence would have serious ramifications. Putin is said to have agreed to this, so how is that a dispute?

Politics are certainly behind this tragedy and there are a lot of emotions flaring over this, mine included, but Obama-hating has no place here, Please respect the seriousness of this event and take that nonsense somewhere else.

(cc: Brian)

Comment

P

An over riding issue is that weapons that have a 5 to 10 mile range are no big deal... My 0.22 rifle has a 1 mile range, 5 and 10 and 20 mile weapons existed in the 1960s, they existed in the 1940s and i think it's a bad assumption that rag tag rebel groups can't hit a big slow un armored plane at 35k....(6 miles up).
                            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

From avherald:
                              On Jul 18th 2014 Malaysia Airlines reported the Boeing 777-200 registration 9M-MRD, that had operated MH-17 on Jul 17th 2014, had last undergone maintenance on Jul 11th 2014 and had "clean bill of health" with all communication systems operating normally. The aircraft, introduced to service in 1997, had accumulated 75,322 flight hours in 11,434 cycles. There was no distress call from the aircraft. "The usual flight route was earlier declared safe by the International Civil Aviation Organisation. International Air Transportation Association has stated that the airspace the aircraft was traversing was not subject to restrictions."

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                                The Daily Mail, read by many millions more morons every day...

Enter the facts: Putin called Obama to deny Russia's inlvement and to express his condolences. He blamed it on the resumption of Ukranian military operations. Obama discussed with him the necessity of neither nation interfering with the crash investigation. In other words, Obama immediately stepped up to let Putin know that any tampering with the evidence would have serious ramifications. Putin is said to have agreed to this, so how is that a dispute?

Politics are certainly behind this tragedy and there are a lot of emotions flaring over this, mine included, but Obama-hating has no place here, Please respect the seriousness of this event and take that nonsense somewhere else.

(cc: Brian)
                                Adding "Enter the facts" does not automatically make what you say afterwords true especially without a source. You seem to have a lot of details regarding this conversation that the White House never released. Go ahead and call me a moron and say I'm "emotional".

The facts, however, speak for themselves. Politics look as if they are going to interfere with the investigation here so they are 100% relevant to the discussion.

From AP:
                                "Here's the full readout of the call from the White House: President Obama spoke with Russian President Putin today about the situation in Ukraine and the additional sanctions on Russian individuals and entities that the United States announced on July 16.* President Obama emphasized that he remains committed to a diplomatic solution and that sanctions were not his preferred course of action.*President Obama noted, however, that in the face of extensive evidence that Russia is significantly increasing the provision of heavy weapons to separatists in Ukraine and Russia’s failure to take other steps set out by the United States and Europe to de-escalate the crisis, it was necessary to impose additional sanctions, consistent with the clear statements from the United States and our allies following the G-7 meeting in Brussels. President Obama also reiterated his concerns regarding the buildup of Russian forces near the Ukrainian border.*President Obama called on President Putin to take concrete steps to de-escalate the situation, including to press separatists to agree to a cease-fire, support a roadmap for negotiations, halt the flow of fighters and weapons into Ukraine, obtain the release of all hostages still held by the separatists, and work to establish an effective OSCE border-monitoring mechanism.*He noted that Russia would face continued costs and isolation unless it takes these concrete steps.* The President emphasized that Russia and the United States have a shared interest in supporting a stable and prosperous Ukraine. President Obama and President Putin agreed on the need for a peaceful resolution to the Ukraine crisis achieved through diplomatic means. During the call, President Putin noted the early reports of a downed passenger jet near the Russia-Ukraine border."

Not sure where you got your narrative? Made it up?

Comment

Working...
                                X