Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics issue?

Hello everyone,

So I recently built basically a super computer with my brothers help with the sole aim of being able to run FSX well.

It has worked on the default graphics card, but I installed a new one and now the game loads when I click start flying, but all I see is a black screen. I can hear the game running but I cannot see anything.

My drivers are up to date, I reinstalled FSX, I ran a compatibility test with windows, and I even adjusted the settings from a custom max out to ultra high all the way down to minimal and I still can't see anything (this is with default and payware aircraft).

My graphics card is a Radeon R9 280X with 3GB GDDR5. I have 8 gigs of RAM and I'm not quite sure how big the hard drive is.

Can anyone shed some light on why I can't see anything? I spent so much money on my computer and it doesn't even do its sole purpose, very frustrating
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Put the default graphics card back, and have fun. It's not uncommon for graphics-intensive applications to be compatible with some cards, but not others.

Comment

the thing with the default was it wouldn't run my PMDG or Quality Wings stuff. But the plan is to get my brothers gra[hics card which is still pretty good and test that

Comment

What GPU processor are you running. FSX requires a minimum 2 ghz processor.
        Does the graphics card support Shader model 1.1 or greater. This support is an absolute requirement.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I'm going to assume yes to all of those lol,

I really don't but I drew back my frame rates and I guess that did it, or maybe that wasn't the problem because last time I did that it still didn't work. But now it does so thanks for the suggestions guys

Comment

One point concerning frame rates.

A lot of folks wax lyrical about getting FSX to run at high frame rates, such as 50 fps or higher.
            They are wasting their time, and more importantly wasting processor power on frame rates that the human eye cannot benefit from. Set your frame rate to an maximum of 25 fps with an absolute maximum of 30 fps. Your brain cannot distinguish any difference in rates higher than these which is why the movie industry uses a standard 25 fps. Running at this speed allows the processor to function at its maximum capacity for other tasks such as graphics rendering.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I just assumed the higher the frame rate the more I would be able to see and how much smoother the lines would be. My friend told me to turn it down for pretty much the reason you listed

Comment

Working...
              X