Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Red Riding Airbus finally meets the wolf ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Red Riding Airbus finally meets the wolf ...

Finally, after less than 18 months in operation, Virgin's "Little Red" operation has succumbed to the inevitable and the service has ended. All three remaining aircraft have returned to Aer Lingus ... and the slots have returned to IAG.

It wasn't Virgin's finest hour; load factors were pretty poor and better routes could have been selected. Why they chose routes in common with existing carriers, I don't know, particularly when there were routes where they could have had a monopoly - regional centres crying out for a link to LHR.

But it's history now and Virgin Red joins the long list of ex-British airlines; they have ceased to be and joined the choir invisible.

EI-EZV. Airbus A320-214. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

To be honest it lasted longer than I thought it would. Its a shame Virgin couldnt have made a go of it but with such a small shorthaul offering why it was even tried is beyond me. It seems to me that Virgin was just trying to aquire the slots but it ended up costing them more than they bargained for.

Comment

Why a second thread when you have one already http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=56352

Comment

Working...
      X