• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreemeshX Global

FreemeshX Global for FSX//FSX-SE//P3D
    Fantatstic addon
    It's like getting an early xmas present

Hello folks! Today marks the release of FreeMeshX Global for FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D by Nine-Two Productions. FreeMeshX is a global terrain mesh replacement for the stock terrain mesh and features LOD10 (38-m) coverage for almost the entire world. LOD10 is equal to the same terrain level of detail u...

Regards
    Ian

Originally posted by ebo77 View Post
    FreemeshX Global for FSX//FSX-SE//P3D
    Fantatstic addon
    It's like getting an early xmas present

Hello folks! Today marks the release of FreeMeshX Global for FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D by Nine-Two Productions. FreeMeshX is a global terrain mesh replacement for the stock terrain mesh and features LOD10 (38-m) coverage for almost the entire world. LOD10 is equal to the same terrain level of detail u...

Regards
    Ian
    Hum. And what would be the level of detail (LOD)?

I use payware.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Hey LH-B744
      If you go to this link it will tell you all the different LOD'S for different regions

I read alot of posts in the avsim forum and alot of them reckon it's better than fs global payware

FreemeshX Global is about 42GB and covers the entire world.
      But you can just install the regions that you want
      AFRICA//ANTARTICA//ASIA//AUSTRALIA AND OCEANIA//EUROPE//NORTH-SOUTH-CENTRAL-AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by ebo77 View Post
        [...]
        I read alot of posts in the avsim forum and alot of them reckon it's better than fs global payware

FreemeshX Global is about 42GB and covers the entire world.
        But you can just install the regions that you want
        AFRICA//ANTARTICA//ASIA//AUSTRALIA AND OCEANIA//EUROPE//NORTH-SOUTH-CENTRAL-AMERICA
        Fortytwo Gig?! Well, this is the reason why I love "oldschool equipment". I own a rather old version of FSG, and if, during a flight, I perceive that what I see is not enough, I have one sentence for myself.

Reality always provides the best resolution.

FSG Ultimate The Americas spontaneously eats 25 Gig of your hard disc space. It covers North and South America with LOD 14. But let me come back to three sentences before. Are you really able to judge if

the Aconcagua (6962 m)

is quite perfectly depicted in LOD14,

or not?

I have not taken a picture of the Aconcagua (yet), so that I were able to say something about the quality of LOD14.

My FSG eats 13 Gig, and that is enough for a computer program that does not include...
        ... all the cable cars in a region.
        ... one single night ski piste in a region (illuminated),
        et cetera.

I'd prefer flying instead of feeding 42 gig into my computer during... 12 hours?! And after that, the Eiger Nordwand region still is without railroad traffic and skiers?
        Boring.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-03-24, 21:47. Reason: avoid lengthy posts

Comment

Do you use this 42 gig monster? So that you could deliver one or two screenshots?

Comment

Working...
          X