Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ebo77 View Post
    FreemeshX Global for FSX//FSX-SE//P3D
    Fantatstic addon
    It's like getting an early xmas present

http://www.avsim.com/topic/467933-fr...-announcement/

Regards
    Ian
    Hum. And what would be the level of detail (LOD)?

I use payware.
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
    The operator on the DUS - NYC route, on the DUS - BKK route, and on the shiny new DUS - LAS nonstop route? EW, one of the dearest LH daughters .

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.

Hey LH-B744
    If you go to this link it will tell you all the different LOD'S for different regions
    http://www.avsim.com/topic/467933-fr...-announcement/

I read alot of posts in the avsim forum and alot of them reckon it's better than fs global payware

FreemeshX Global is about 42GB and covers the entire world.
    But you can just install the regions that you want
    AFRICA//ANTARTICA//ASIA//AUSTRALIA AND OCEANIA//EUROPE//NORTH-SOUTH-CENTRAL-AMERICA

Quote Originally Posted by ebo77 View Post
    [...]
    I read alot of posts in the avsim forum and alot of them reckon it's better than fs global payware

FreemeshX Global is about 42GB and covers the entire world.
    But you can just install the regions that you want
    AFRICA//ANTARTICA//ASIA//AUSTRALIA AND OCEANIA//EUROPE//NORTH-SOUTH-CENTRAL-AMERICA
    Fortytwo Gig?! Well, this is the reason why I love "oldschool equipment". I own a rather old version of FSG, and if, during a flight, I perceive that what I see is not enough, I have one sentence for myself.

Reality always provides the best resolution.

FSG Ultimate The Americas spontaneously eats 25 Gig of your hard disc space. It covers North and South America with LOD 14. But let me come back to three sentences before. Are you really able to judge if

the Aconcagua (6962 m)

is quite perfectly depicted in LOD14,

or not?

I have not taken a picture of the Aconcagua (yet), so that I were able to say something about the quality of LOD14.

My FSG eats 13 Gig, and that is enough for a computer program that does not include...
    ... all the cable cars in a region.
    ... one single night ski piste in a region (illuminated),
    et cetera.

I'd prefer flying instead of feeding 42 gig into my computer during... 12 hours?! And after that, the Eiger Nordwand region still is without railroad traffic and skiers?
    Boring.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 03-24-2016 at 09:47 PM. Reason: avoid lengthy posts
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    The operator on the DUS - NYC route, on the DUS - BKK route, and on the shiny new DUS - LAS nonstop route? EW, one of the dearest LH daughters .

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.

Do you use this 42 gig monster? So that you could deliver one or two screenshots?