Russian plane crashes over Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    So, I'm thinking the better question is if that film of an in-flight explosion is bona fide.

All the questions about why'd the wreckage bend this way, and what was the airspeed, and why is it dropping bodies here, tend to become secondary.
    I just heard that the debris field is 20 Kilometers in diameter.
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      You called Islam a violent, offensive religion. It's not the Islamic RELIGION that's violent and offensive, it's the PEOPLE who use the Islamic religion incorrectly to excuse and mistakenly rationalise their offensive violence.

ISIS, Al Quaeda etc. are not proper Muslims, they are terrorists who bastardise Islam to meet their warped ideology and who have to be removed from the face of the world so that the true Muslims can get on with their peaceful lives. I know this first hand, I lived and worked amongst true Muslims for 3 years in Saudi Arabia. I respected their religious views and they respected mine. Those true Muslim people hate the radicalised terrorists just as much as the rest of the world do and view them with disgust for the shame that they bring on Islam.

Now, let's get on with the thread subject please.....
      Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by orangehuggy View Post
        would you agree that slowed down you can make out two separate consecutive explosions, warhead followed immediately by jetA?
        I see black smoke, followed by flash, followed by more black smoke.

Comment

From AVHerald:

On Nov 1st 2015 CFMU issued following statement by NMOC Brussels: "Attention to Aircraft Operators: Egyptians authorities have asked to stop traffic from flying over point PASOS. Therefore point PASOS in LCCC (Cyprus) FIR is not available for flight planning. FPLs filed via this point will be rejected by IFPS. Please re-file via points: LAKTO or RASDA. Still waiting for a HECC (Cairo ) NOTAM. NMOC is monitoring the situation and will advice of any development NMOC Brussels." Following the release of this note the air space above the Sinai peninsula remained basically empty with lots of traffic being rerouted around the Sinai via Cairo.
          Either they suspect it was a missile, or they are just being overly cautious.

Comment

In flight breakup

According to postings on PPrune the debris field is 8 km's long, and several pieces of evidence point to an in flight break-up.

IMHO the two most likely causes of this crash appear to be

1) Ruptured pressure bulkhead, attributable to an incorrect repair after the tail strike in 2001
            2) Explosive device planted on board at SSH (probably in an aft cargo bay, due to visible damage) by a "third party" who has still to come forward.

1) seems more likely if nothing else emerges

Comment

Originally posted by Passion for flying View Post
              1) Ruptured pressure bulkhead, attributable to an incorrect repair after the tail strike in 2001
              Source?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                Source?
                AVHerald comments, weak source.

Tailstrike
                By Slav on Sunday, Nov 1st 2015 15:21Z

@MUCfan Tailstrike was in Cairo 16 Nov 2001. The plane has F-OHMP registration then (Middle East Airlines, Lebanon). Quite long ago.

a/c involved in tailstrike
                By MD-11 on Saturday, Oct 31st 2015 19:01Z

on 16.11.2001 this a/c was involved in accident in Cairo. Tailstrike. The a/c was been operated by MEA, when it suffered a tailstrike while landing a Cairo airport

Maybe decompression after bad maitenance
                By Mycraft on Saturday, Oct 31st 2015 14:13Z

Maybe Japan Airlines Flight 123 or China Airlines Flight 611 again after this A321 had a tailstrike on Nov. 16 2001 see F-OHMP

A321 crash.
                By Coronado on Saturday, Oct 31st 2015 10:18Z

Good morning,

I've noticed that the A321 involved had a tailstrike when it operated for MEA in 16 November 2001.
                I also eard that they found the debris field and that the A321 didn't came in one piece...we could be having something similar to what happened with China Airlines Boeing 747 B18255, that had a decompression explosion after having a tailstrike in 1980, in Hong-Kong.
                Just my two cents.

Comment

Never mind, I found it. Flight International, 22-28 Jan. 2002

Comment

Causes for airframe destruction?

What sort of mechanical or structural failure could cause the plane to come apart in mid air? Seems to me events like that are extremely rare, only instances I can think of are TWA 800 (yeah I know I know) and China Airlines 611 (faulty tailstrike repair), even an exploded engine shouldn't make a plane fall apart.

Is this going to be another tailstrike/bad repair thing? It would be unimaginable to me that after so many such accidents they still can't get such repairs done right....

Comment

Sorry, too slow

Evan, you found it.. sorry I was away for a while

With respect to the bulkhead theory; it may even be worse, maybe they did not find a damage whilst surveying for the repair.

It may take a little while to get to it, and...

if this stuff is in the way, maybe they did not even look for damage

Comment

A rupture bulkhead, won't explode that violently
                        At least you should have a first indication at the cockpit altimeter (cabin altimeter), that there is a leak somewhere, and you are losing cabin pressure. I used to see this problem at our cargo Boeing 727s.
                        A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
                          A rupture bulkhead, won't explode that violently
                          At least you should have a first indication at the cockpit altimeter (cabin altimeter), that there is a leak somewhere, and you are losing cabin pressure. I used to see this problem at our cargo Boeing 727s.
                          A sudden catastrophic failure of the rear pressure bulkhead will cause the tail section of behind it to pressurize, which is not designed to withstand. Something WILL give up to let the pressure out.

In the JAL accident, it was the fin what gave (and with it, the 4 hydraulic systems).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                            Racist attack for pointing out what people are actually doing? Sorry Brian you're way over moderating and in your own actions covering up the despicable behavior of a bunch of animals with ZERO regard for the lives of just about the entire world.

This is the very attitude that allows groups like al quaked a and Isis to flourish. They do whatever they please while the rest of the world gets moderates into silence and "political correctness."

Sorry mate. Your way off base.
                            This is an aviation forum, all of your comments have absolutely no relevance to this discussion whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                              This is an aviation forum, all of your comments have absolutely no relevance to this discussion whatsoever.
                              Not at least until there is a credible link between this accident and an act of terrorism.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

I am starting to suspect that this was not the typical stall accident...

Comment

Working...
                                X