X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection - same reg

Guys,

I have had 3 photos rejected due to the fact 'SIMILAR Photo uploaded'

When I appealed, the screeners sent me links of Photos STILL IN QUEUE and he said that I am trying to fool him.

THe rejected shots are landing shots and the linked shots are departure shots currently in slot number 300+.

I Do not know If I missed any new rules, but I guess that if this was the case, the first batch would be accepted and the others would be rejected...not the other way round.

Ruben

I did not handle these rejections, but my question to you would be why upload two images of each reg. if you know they will be considered double?

On the screening page all images of the same reg. by you, both in the DB and in the queue, will show up as potential similar/double, so all queued images need to be considered at the same time whether they are similar/double or not.

In the future, it would probably be best if you simply chose one image (the one you consider best) of each reg. to upload at a time. That will prevent any possible conflict with similars in the queue.

Comment

I do it because I am at home and I can easily delete the ones that are in the queue when others have been accepted, since the queue usually hits 10,000+ views.

A counter question then: Why did the screener reject the first batch instead of the second? Doesn't make sense IMO...
      Last edited by Thebuzu; 2016-03-07, 09:57.

Comment

Infact, to sustain my point, I have just removed the First photo in the queue, since 1 of them was accepted and the other 3 were rejected, which is also contradictory to the appeal reasons in the first place....

Also, I don't think it is nice to tell someone that you are trying to 'fool us'

Part of the comment (Removed the link to my queued photo):

'same reg, I fail to see the reason of your appeal except trying to fool us'

Comment

Check your PM's Buzu re: the "fool us" comment. You folks would not believe some of the lengths that some uploaders are going to these days.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

We discussed this.

Still it isn't nice to call someone indirectly a fool.. As I replied to you, calling a screener a fool would definitely got me banned I would guess..

Comment

We do not see how far apart the 2 pics are in the queue. And as we had some less than positive customer feedback, when in rare instances 2 similar pics were screened at the same time and both accepted, we have to consider pics in the queue too, when looking for similars.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                We do not see how far apart the 2 pics are in the queue. And as we had some less than positive customer feedback, when in rare instances 2 similar pics were screened at the same time and both accepted, we have to consider pics in the queue too, when looking for similars.
                You should amend the rules then too...

Comment

The rules never said that you are allowed to intentionally up-load 2 similar shots with the aim of increasing the screening time in case the first gets rejected due to another fault.

Even the up-load page says:

Do not upload in masses the same aircraft at very similar angles; pick your best shots. There is a limit of 2 photos per aircraft registration for any one photographer in the queue at a time.
                  Last edited by seahawk; 2016-03-07, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                    The rules never said that you are allowed to intentionally up-load 2 similar shots with the aim of increasing the screening time in case the first gets rejected due to another fault.

Even the up-load page says:

Do not upload in masses the same aircraft at very similar angles; pick your best shots. There is a limit of 2 photos per aircraft registration for any one photographer in the queue at a time.

Right..

Still cannot phantom why the first batch got rejected instead of the second in that case...

Comment

Perhaps to make sure, that at least one is rejected. Otherwise, at the same time another screener may screen the 2nd photo and accept it as well, resulting in two accepted similar shots.
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Maybe a suggestion.

Sometimes I do not realize that I am uploading an image already in the queue. When uploading images, an image in the queue with the same reg does not pop up on the uploading page, but images already in db do.

A suggestion should be: show up all images of the same reg. both in the DB and in the queue on the uploading page. So the uploader gets notice of images of same reg in db and queue. Imho this consideration could end a long lasting discussion.

Better be in stone age than in no age

Comment

I'm afraid it won't change much, as we have too much uploaders who deliberately upload 2 similar shots to sneak one in. In addition, I think it is fair to assume, that an uploader should be able to keep track of what he has been uploading in the past 2 weeks.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Buzu,
                            You uploaded two similar shots of every Embraer - your appeal message was saying that they were different regs hence the "don't try to fool us" message - simple as that

You've been around long enough to know that there was no chance to get both shots accepted as they were perfectly similar - So why make the queue longer by doing so ? We've been rejecting for similar on such case for a long time. Consider that if everybody would put 2 such similar pics of every upload the queue would be at 32000+....

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
                              Buzu,
                              You uploaded two similar shots of every Embraer - your appeal message was saying that they were different regs hence the "don't try to fool us" message - simple as that

You've been around long enough to know that there was no chance to get both shots accepted as they were perfectly similar - So why make the queue longer by doing so ? We've been rejecting for similar on such case for a long time. Consider that if everybody would put 2 such similar pics of every upload the queue would be at 32000+....

Alex
                              Never ever happened to me tbh...

Since it never happened to me, I wasn't informed that a photo could be rejected due to another photo still in the queue...

Comment

Working...
                              X