Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explosions at Brussels Airport

Seems like at least 2 explosion in the departure area

Be observant in your life and travels. Report all oddities and suspicions to the police. Do not be drawn into accusing any particular nationality or religious group, not everybody is bad.

RIP to those lost today.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      Do not be drawn into accusing any particular nationality or religious group, not everybody is bad.
      sorry brian, last time anyone checked, there is only one "religion" in the world today going around bombing and killing civilians, and we all know which one that is!

maybe trump's planned ban ain't such a bad idea after all.

Comment

I was saying that all followers of a particular religion are not to blame, just a section of it. Put bluntly ....

Not all Muslims are terrorists .......... but most terrorists are Muslim. I didn't want anyone falling into the trap of turning posts here into a politico-religious argument forum. Farcebook and Twatter are the places for that.
        Last edited by brianw999; 2016-03-22, 13:22.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
          Insert "baby vs. bathwater" reference here...
          Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

sorry brian, last time anyone checked, there is only one "religion" in the world today going around bombing and killing civilians, and we all know which one that is!
            Russian Orthodox?

Comment

Only one?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                let's see, what is it i said? "only one RELIGION..."

and not to make this any more political than it already is, if you are going to equate collateral deaths of "innocent" bystanders with the intentional murder of as many people as a terrorist can kill with a suicide bomb or other device/method, there is nothing to discuss.

it's gonna be interesting to see how these devices made it past security points into the departure area

Comment

it's gonna be interesting to see how these devices made it past security points into the departure area

From the photos/video I've see it looked like the bombs exploded ahead of security in the check-I/ticketing area.

Comment

Is a terrorist attack really a topic for an Aviation Safety Forum? I don't want to sound callous, but I think Brian is right. This thread should be moved to Facebook.

Comment

I agree with Brian on Political/religious discussions. However I believe safety discussions belong in this forum. I often spend more time in a terminal than on an aircraft; so for me terminal safety is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                        This thread should be moved to Facebook.
                        Or maybe to some other forum intended to foster intelligent discourse, rather than being a place for teenage girls to show the world what they did with their hair today?

Actually for what it's worth I'm fine with it remaining here. While it may not specifically relate to "aviation safety" it's certainly related to aviation and to safety.
                        Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
                          (...)

Actually for what it's worth I'm fine with it remaining here. While it may not specifically relate to "aviation safety" it's certainly related to aviation and to safety.
                          But then how about the off-topic forum? Once again: I don't want to be callous or non-chalant about what happened at Brussels, but in my opinion it has nothing to do with "aviation safety". No more so than pickpocketing or bagsnatching at an airport...

Comment

As it has turned out to be no accident, the threat was moved to the off topic section. Please respect the forum rules when discussing the topic.

Comment

Working...
                            X