Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image request

Hi all,

I´ve recieved a request for an image and I´m wondering how much could I ask for this image?
    Has already someone recieved request for image of B777 for "personal gallery" with image quality 2MB+?
    To be honest, it sounds me a little bit strange because the quality requested seems not to be only for personal use and for this reason, I´m thinking to offer a professional print of the image or the small file which has been uploaded.

Thanks all

I get such requests every once in a while. Everything beyond 640px costs money, period. a 2MB file can easily be used professionally. So, why do these people always ask for a 2MB version "for personal use"?
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      I get such requests every once in a while. Everything beyond 640px costs money, period. a 2MB file can easily be used professionally. So, why do these people always ask for a 2MB version "for personal use"?
      Thanks for the answer! I made the same thinking and for this reason I thought to the professional print, as yuo already said, everything beyond the small file costs money even I made an exception if the request are made from someone who is involved in the shot e.g the pilot but this has to be proven because with the words, we can all be the pilot involved

Comment

Originally posted by andy_84 View Post
        Hi all,

Has already someone recieved request for image of B777 for "personal gallery" with image quality 2MB+?

Thanks all
        I can't remember the name of the guy but it sounds like the same person who's been doing this for years. I've had numerous of the same request. Some people say that he actually does have his own 777 collection but a lot of other people have suspicions raised.

Comment

His name is Dan, Dann or Danny depending on his mood at the time. He's been emailing photographers of B777's for years. He never asks for images of any other type and I'm fairly sure that he's just one of the worlds biggest B777 fans....BUT....there's no way I'm releasing commercially useable image sizes to anyone whatever their claimed motive.
          I told him that he was welcome to use any images posted on jetphotos.net by right click and copying but he would have to pay for anything over 2mb. I never heard from him again. I screened 20 of his emails today and in the last month must have screened at least 100 or more.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thanks!

We are dealing with a famous one
            For sure he is the biggest 777 fan but I think that there are no many people who release him their images with commercially resolution for free.

Comment

Working...
            X