BREAKING: EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has disappeared from radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING: EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has disappeared from radar

BREAKING: EgyptAir says flight from Paris to Cairo with 69 passengers and crew on board has disappeared from radar.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Fate of airliner carrying 66 people from Paris to Cairo shrouded in mystery amid conflicting reports of debris sighting.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
    BREAKING: EgyptAir says flight from Paris to Cairo with 69 passengers and crew on board has disappeared from radar.

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...031853365.html
    Too many terrorist groups operating in that part of the world, again....!!
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Last contact at FL370... not good.

Edit: Coming in too fast. Something obviously not right there.
      AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
      the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
        Too many terrorist groups operating in that part of the world, again....!!
        True, but we still don't know if this time it's a case of terror.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
          True, but we still don't know if this time it's a case of terror.
          Seems like it could have been timed to be precise though, it disappeared after flying in Egyptian airspace about only 10 miles. Could have been timed (whatever brought it down if it was intentional) to happen right upon entering Egyptian air space.

I'm not saying I think it was terrorism or not terrorism, all I am is saying is it appears to me like that could be some sort of thing a terrorist would do, waiting until you hit a certain airspace and then doing the dirty deed.

Of course, it could just as likely be purely coincidental and be data that isn't important in the end at all.

Comment

According to Greek ATC cited by French AFP press agency, radar contact with MS 804 was lost at 0029Z, and the aircraft, then in Egyptian airspace crashed in Egean Sea, 130NM away from Karpathos island.

Comment

Unconfirmed amateur video

the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

Comment

What do you mean James Bond? The flightradar24 link doesn't give any info anymore. Why too fast? Edit: Seeing the image now. 534 kts groundspeed. Oops. Tailwind? Overspeed?
                  Last edited by ultraflight; 2016-05-19, 08:30. Reason: Missed something.

Comment

According to greek aviation authorities, there has been no radio contact with the crew after the aircraft flew over Kea island - close to Athens.

The aircraft left Greek airspace at 0026Z, but failed to answer to Greek ATC calls preceeding handover to Egyptian ATC. Greek ATC notified Egyptian ATC that communication couldn't be established. Radar contact was lost at 0029Z

Comment

The BBC are quoting Greek defense minister that the plane dropped 22,000 feet and spun/swerved sharply, 90 degrees left then 360 degrees right before disappearing from radar.
                      I'm guessing at that altitude it disappeared from radar because it was too low (closest radar station ~100 miles away?) rather than it, say, breaking up?

Edit: BBC now quoting an 'aviation analyst' saying that those movements suggest an incident in the cockpit rather than 'a missile or device on board'.

Comment

Originally posted by KGEG View Post
                        Seems like it could have been timed to be precise though, it disappeared after flying in Egyptian airspace about only 10 miles. Could have been timed (whatever brought it down if it was intentional) to happen right upon entering Egyptian air space.

I'm not saying I think it was terrorism or not terrorism, all I am is saying is it appears to me like that could be some sort of thing a terrorist would do, waiting until you hit a certain airspace and then doing the dirty deed.

Of course, it could just as likely be purely coincidental and be data that isn't important in the end at all.
                        Without access to the cockpit, how would someone in the cabin know exactly when the plane had been handed off the Egyptian ATC and was thus in Egyptian airspace, in the middle of the night, over the middle of the Mediterranean?

Comment

Delete comment

Comment

Originally posted by James Bond View Post
                            That is a meteor.

Comment

How close to TOD would this have been?

Comment

Working...
                              X