BREAKING: EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo has disappeared from radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    Never thought of that! Maybe I have been reading him all wrong!
    He certainly doesn't seem to care a thing about his posts being understandable...

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Ram View Post
      Can you guys stop that.

Good news from France (at least this time not just for some)

"Late Jun 27th 2016 Egypt's CAA announced (mirrored by the BEA in the morning of Jun 28th), that the French experts at the BEA Labs were able to successfully repair the electronic boards of the flight data recorder, subsequent testing to ensure data were on the recorder and can be downloaded has been successful. The following day (Jun 28th) attempts to repair the board of the cockpit voice recorder will commence, thereafter the recorders will be returned to Cairo for download and data analysis."
      do they really expect us to believe that they didn't already download all the data? hell, i'll bet the french have damn near figured out the cause already.....

Comment

• This shows clearly how politically infected all such investigation are.

Comment

• It does? How?
          Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

• Early reports are saying the smoke detectors have been confirmed by the FDR and evidence of "high-temperature soot" is present on the cockpit section wreckage. So, a fire is looking likely...

Comment

• French BEA now saying the memory chips from the CVR are all OK and some 'other' circuitry had to be replaced to enable them to be read
              http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...4089dfdcc7fe47

Comment

• I know this will sound coming from left field. If it is fire, can there be any relation to Swissair 111? Not in flight gaming. But somehow it does come down to electrical. Will they automatically look into electrical on that particular plane? We know that the American Airlines plane that flipped over was caused by maintenance. And some crashes were due to design meeting unique circumstances. That possibility is always out there for any model of airliner. You can always trot out statistics for a particular plane to supposedly shoot down any theory. But didn't most of the 737's fly successfully? And yet (assuming I have the right model) Alaska Air had some incidents when they tried to stretch mandated service intervals. This is Egyptair, after all. Surely they aren't superior to Alaska Air.

Comment

• There are media reports that the CVR shows that the pilots fought a fire:
                  e.g. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36719358

Comment

• Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                    There are media reports that the CVR shows that the pilots fought a fire:
                    e.g. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36719358
                    Beautiful news reporting...I see the headline, but nowhere in the article is a statement from an official, or reference to the CVR, or indication whatsoever at all, that the pilots were fighting the fire....

...Ohhh kaaaaay...
                    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                      Beautiful news reporting...I see the headline, but nowhere in the article is a statement from an official, or reference to the CVR, or indication whatsoever at all, that the pilots were fighting the fire....

...Ohhh kaaaaay...
                      I think the media wants to report updates on the investigation but lacking input from the investigators the media relies on leaks. However Egypt's CAA later issued a comment to rely only on their reports for accurate information (see also The Aviation Herald), possibly in response to media reports such as that of the BBC.

By the way my comment was based on the first paragraph of the BBC article.

Comment

• EgyptAir 804 debris likely found on Israeli beach.

Plane debris found on a beach in northern Israel is very likely from crashed EgyptAir flight 804, the Israeli Prime Minister’s office said Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                          EgyptAir 804 debris likely found on Israeli beach.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/07/wo...debris-israel/
                          "It appears with very high probability that this is the debris of the Egyptian plane that blew up over the Mediterranean Sea a couple of months ago", the Israeli Prime Minister's office said Thursday.
                          What does he know that we (and AvHerlad) don't?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                            Gabriel,
                            I don't know what to tell you.
                            I know that it's one of main subjects all over the news in Israel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                              I hope that's a retorical question...

Comment

• one would think that if it were an intentional act, credit would have been claimed already by one of the psychotic, non-human groups of f*cktards out there, while their buddies danced in the streets and fired off AK rounds into the air in celebration.

so if israel is hinting at a bomb, i would be very skeptical.

Comment

Working...
                                X