Qantas, and the end of the B763ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qantas, and the end of the B763ER

Why did this happen? As I wrote earlier, I'd had never assumed that 'our' 747 (QF and LH) would live much longer than the 767.
    The 767 is younger than me, I'd never expected that.

But, since I am here, a certain development in Europe has taken place. For everything that is less than "the real long haul"**, the intercontinental airlines have an alternative. And for sure, that's the reason why I have never spotted my nickname at my home airport.
    **less than 5,000 nmi, and I have not invented that saying.

LH-Triple3 and A343 have been used here in the past.

For today, one rare LH-A346 is on the EDDL schedule?! Hopefully, this bird is depicted well here on our platform. Seahawk?!

Afaik, the smallest jet aircraft that my favourite airline has ever used to cross an ocean here, was indeed a
    LH-Triple3.

I am born near the wrong airport to say much about LH-B763. LH avoided that type when Star Alliance was founded, in 1997.
    Successor, in case of LH: ?
    The LH-triple3 was inaugurated in 2004. So, seven years are missing. Seahawk?

But in general, we can say, that not only
    Qantas
    and
    LH
    quite early discovered the triple3, and they bought it and they fly it.

Also big intercontinental airlines like QF and LH have a pencil to do some sharp calculation. Contestants from both sides of the Atlantic are seldom flown at the same time.
    Triple3: range with MTOW (297 pax) 6,000 nmi
    B763ER: range with MTOW (259 pax in Germany) 5,900 nmi.

It's sad, but is this the reason, has the 763ER become too small for a major intercontinental airline?
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.
Working...
X