Clear All

• Radioactivity - Editing Question

Always a got rejection based in "Backlit"

So, how i can get rid of them?

Yes, i'm new in this "hobbie".

Originally posted by Radioactivity View Post
    So, how i can get rid of them?
    Push the Sun to some other spot.

ok, in all seriousness, try to go plane spotting at a better time of the day. For example, if you are facing west, it would not be smart to take shots in the afternoon, but would be in the morning.

from the guideline:

As a general rule: Don't take pictures with the sun in your eyes, shooting against the sun puts the visible half of the aircraft in shadow which means we can't see it to its advantage. Backlit shots they will be rejected. As a rule of thumb: if the tail casts a shadow on the fuselage, the photo is most likely to be rejected for backlit.
    hope this helps.

Comment

Long story short: keep the sun shining at your back

Comment

Get to the other side of the airport

Comment

And when the airport has its limitations ? You see.. i like choppers, i shoot only choppers.

Comment

Radioactivity - Editing Question

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Undersharpened (Soft) - OK

Too much or too little contrast - ?

You guys could be more specific ?

Thank you and take care.

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/members/vi...p?userid=86248

[FONT="]Undersharpened (Soft) - OK

[/FONT]
              [FONT="]Too much or too little contrast - [/FONT]?

You guys could be more specific ?

Thank you and take care.
              To which image are you specifically referring? You have linked to all of your rejected images.

Comment

I don't get it. This links to my rejected images. I am not "radioactivity". What is going on?
                --
                David W. Wilson
                --
                David dubya Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Aldgyte View Post
                  I don't get it. This links to my rejected images. I am not "radioactivity". What is going on?
                  --
                  David W. Wilson
                  Well, I've worked it out myself. If I try to look at anyone's reject list other than my own the software substitutes the other party's id with mine, preserving their privacy.

So I didn't need to change my passwords, but it's always a good idea to update them regularly, isn't it.
                  --
                  David dubya Wilson

Comment

A request to the JP crew:

Please split the clause about too much or too little contrast.

I think it will be for the common good, It's not for my personal benefit.

It will be very help to all of us, both to photographers and to screeners, it will also avoid many questions.

I think this is not an exaggerated request, in my humble opinion, it will help to the JP's crew members much more as it will help the photographers.

This split will avoid wasting a lot of unnecessary time for all of us.

So please think positively.

Kind regards,

Erez.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                      A request to the JP crew:

Please split the clause about too much or too little contrast.

I think it will be for the common good, It's not for my personal benefit.

It will be very help to all of us, both to photographers and to screeners, it will also avoid many questions.

I think this is not an exaggerated request, in my humble opinion, it will help to the JP's crew members much more as it will help the photographers.

This split will avoid wasting a lot of unnecessary time for all of us.

So please think positively.

Kind regards,

Erez.
                      The point is - as mentioned many times already - that it its not that easy as to say "too much" or "too little". It's not as easy to fix, as some may think. It's not always as easy as sliding the contrast ruler to the left or right to get the photo fixed.

Just check the histogram and you will notice the flaws.
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                        The point is - as mentioned many times already - that it its not that easy as to say "too much" or "too little". It's not as easy to fix, as some may think. It's not always as easy as sliding the contrast ruler to the left or right to get the photo fixed.

Just check the histogram and you will notice the flaws.
                        Your answer is clear, but the answer does not meet about the point I wrote.
                        I think this is not an exaggerated request, it will help to the JP's crew members much more as it will help the photographers, and this split will avoid wasting a lot of unnecessary time for all of us. It's desirable for the crew even more than for the uploaders.
                        Therefore, I don't understand the opposition to split this reason.

Comment

Sorry for the delay: I mean photo ID: 6006245

Comment

There is hardly a difference between the Embraer and the hangar in the background, hence the many rejections for that photo.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	35162_1500925954.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	765.1 KB
ID:	1016125

As Geri said, the aircraft and background are nearly indistinguishable - a common 'contrast' rejection reason. I'd also probably add overprocessed as a rejection reason, as it looks like you've really pushed the shadows/highlights to try and compensate for the poor light.

Comment

Working...
                              X