Sri Lankan to start Lahore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri Lankan to start Lahore

The Pakistani route currently served by Mihin Lanka four weekly A319 from Colombo will be taken over by UL as the two carriers are merging, details not out yet, Mihin service ends on 20 September.

I am still unsure, but which crews are operating the "Pakistan Premier" service.

PIA is leasing the aircraft, but are they using their own crews - or is UL doing that as well?

As for the merger - I understand why - but keeping Mihin Lanka leaner, and allowing more rapid expansion into the ASEAN nations, and deeper into India would have been a smart move. Now tied to the legacy of UL (pardon the pun), I hope that they do not become stymied by UL's issues.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Pilots and some if not all of the male cabin crew are Sri Lankan.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
        Pilots and some if not all of the male cabin crew are Sri Lankan.
        How is that being seen, by PIA staff?

Seeing the strikes in February 2016 - has the temper cooled with the staff? What are the plans for the airline now, going forward?
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
          How is that being seen, by PIA staff?

Seeing the strikes in February 2016 - has the temper cooled with the staff? What are the plans for the airline now, going forward?
          Since the aircraft are leased and its a temporary measure till their own staff get trained better there is no issue, here is a video of the new premiere service inaugural if you understand urdu, also shows Sri Lankan crew members and PIA's new uniform plus for some odd reason retro uniform from 1950s are being used as well.

Comment

Working...
          X