PIA converts 77W order to 787

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIA converts 77W order to 787

PK Chairman today announced that the carrier have selected 787 probably 789 according to some, a total of 8 aircraft will be taken up starting from June 2017, this includes 5 converted from 773ER order, Boeing had pitched the 787 to Pakistan govt. direct writing to the Primei Minister rather than the airline management.

In other news PIA will be resuming Barcelona at an unspecified date the flights will be via Paris instead of nonstop like in the past, BCN was dropped in 2014 or so.

Hong Kong, Al Ain in UAE, Frankfurt and Bangkok resumption is also planned as well as new routes Taif in Saudi Arabia and Najaf in Iraq.

Yes. What I read on this beautiful Wednesday morning:

PK has ordered eight of the very famous 78 7 jets. And, everyday that I'm here I learn alot... PK joins the 747 history, like two famous European airlines...
    (in alphabetical order)
    AF 747 (1970-2015)
    AZ 747 (1970-2002)
    AZ 742 on one of her favourite airports of all times. - or... -

... what I'd call one of the most beautiful 747 liveries since 1970.
    plus
    PK 747 (1976-2015).

The 747 inventor is dead. So we can talk without a hidden brake.

Since I observe the 747, I have not felt serious Pakistan traffic. 'Your airline' seems to agree with me, and they abolished
    PK 747 history in 2015,
    and
    afaik, PK has NOT ordered a landing slot in Germany for the Winter 2016 flight plan.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-09-07, 04:39. Reason: Baci
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      afaik, PK has NOT ordered a landing slot in Germany for the Winter 2016 flight plan.
      Its being considered for resumption.

Comment

DW Urdu news has reported, PIA will fly to Leipzig from 2017 and link it to New York replacing Manchester stop, with fifth freedom for passengers and cargo, no Frankfurt happening.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
          DW Urdu news has reported, PIA will fly to Leipzig from 2017 and link it to New York replacing Manchester stop, with fifth freedom for passengers and cargo, no Frankfurt happening.
          I am actually excited to see what PIA will look like, in a few years.

The LEJ stop; is 'less efficient' than the MAN stop (from a routing perspective), but likely a more convenient one for PIA now. LEJ has no curfews, and is likely not as crowded/expensive as MAN was. This will likely mean that passengers (that have to be checked, on the LHE-LEJ-JFK route) can be done more quickly/easily.

Hopefully we will see PIA stabilize and launch an expansion, profitably.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

LUNN,

What are your thoughts on PK seeking entry into an airline alliance? They have alot of work to do before even being remotely ready - but greater code-sharing/alliance membership would help provide stability to the airline. Case in point - AI's StarAlliance membership helped align it with European carriers, abandon the planned FRA hub, and rationalized European services. 9W's closer ties to AF/KL/DL has lead to them moving operations from BRU to AMS, and now have a greater partnership in place for Trans-Atlantic services.

Also, did the DW Urdu piece mention more about the services left existing at MAN? Mujhe maaf karo - I have alot of Urdu practicing to do before I can get to reading it...

I wish we could tell how the loads to MAN were, for PK. Could we see the LHR "Pakistan Premier" service extended to MAN? Or, is MAN likely to stay as PK "mainline"? Does MAN receive decent premium yields? Could it support the service - I wonder, and hope...

Back to the 789s - I wonder if PK will even install First on these? Or, will it be the "Pakistan Premier" layout (which will likely be more profitable)?
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
              LUNN,

What are your thoughts on PK seeking entry into an airline alliance? They have alot of work to do before even being remotely ready - but greater code-sharing/alliance membership would help provide stability to the airline. Case in point - AI's StarAlliance membership helped align it with European carriers, abandon the planned FRA hub, and rationalized European services. 9W's closer ties to AF/KL/DL has lead to them moving operations from BRU to AMS, and now have a greater partnership in place for Trans-Atlantic services.

Also, did the DW Urdu piece mention more about the services left existing at MAN? Mujhe maaf karo - I have alot of Urdu practicing to do before I can get to reading it...

I wish we could tell how the loads to MAN were, for PK. Could we see the LHR "Pakistan Premier" service extended to MAN? Or, is MAN likely to stay as PK "mainline"? Does MAN receive decent premium yields? Could it support the service - I wonder, and hope...

Back to the 789s - I wonder if PK will even install First on these? Or, will it be the "Pakistan Premier" layout (which will likely be more profitable)?
              Wish I could answer you but am just not qualified to do so LOL! PIA did enter some kind of partnership with Air France earlier in the year which sees them flying passengers on AF to fifteen destinations.

DW didnt mention anything about MAN but yes its planned to shift ops to Leipzig as its cheaper, premire service to New York might also be introduced, premiere will also be introduced to Paris and Milan not sure about MAN.

No chance of F class returning to PK, and they are interested in 788, I hope premiere becomes standard service for the airline rather than remain a separate thing.

Comment

Working...
              X