New Delta E175 comfort + mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
    is that perhaps because you work for the parent/legacy side and somehow feel better or superior? and you may be. i won't take that away from you. my limited knowledge of these things tells me that most folks start off in regionals and "graduate" to legacy or other large carriers. thus feeling that they are better or whatever.
    Oh the ironing.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
      is that perhaps because you work for the parent/legacy side and somehow feel better or superior?
      Not at all, not even close, actually. This has nothing to do with "superiority", but, rather, with my belief that outsourcing of flying and decimation of scope was the most damaging thing to happen to the profession in decades. It was the biggest scam the industry managed to perpetrate both on employees and the public, like you.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
        Not at all, not even close, actually. This has nothing to do with "superiority", but, rather, with my belief that outsourcing of flying and decimation of scope was the most damaging thing to happen to the profession in decades. It was the biggest scam the industry managed to perpetrate both on employees and the public, like you.
        i don't doubt it. AND i disagree quite strongly with the slave wages paid to employees of regionals. while, in theory, the pilots of a 777-300 should be paid more that those of say, an ERJ-145, or even an ATR-xx, the difference should not be a staggering as it is.

Comment

Which airline?

The East Lansing Girl Scout leader and mom of three said she was berated and threatened for no apparent reason.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            ....and some seniors write on-topic, clearly understood words.
            Oh really. I admit that - sometimes - it is hard for me to understand British humour, which - according to what people say - is very black or even darker. Must be a kind of
            language barrier. Today I wonder that I find (approx.) the amount of posts that I've found last time when I was here at jetphotos. Not a single one has vanished? Wow.

My Embraer entry has been as on-topic as a jealous attorney, if you ask me. But.. some seniors... I can perfectly live with the fact that I am not a slightly aggressive senior (yet).

However, let's continue with the topic. Language barrier. 3WE, irony has nothin to do with what you meant as I assume.

I don't agree with the frequent flier when he says that a contract with the headquarter automatically makes you much more happier than something else. The weather is always the same. The workload does not differ. Plus the headquarter is not always on your home airport, so you'll also have to find a solution for that.
            Imho - and that's a theory - you simply don't have time to become arrogant.

Since I am here, I've read about pilots that work for both, the headquarter and the subsidiary. Not necessarily at the same time, and surely there had been reasons for him to make a choice. Imho, your location is not necessarily less important as the shiny appearance that a headquarter might have.

If you like the Embraer, it might not be available everywhere. No arrogance. Availability might be an aspect. And open demand for manpower.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Just post in German, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                Just post in German, please.
                That would be a good idea. We could then use an online translation tool that would probably be more accurate.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
                X