Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Logan Surface Friction Tester.

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the correct section, but I am wondering if anybody happens to have or know someone that may have photos of Boston Logan's 1987 Saab 900 Surface Friction tester used from 1986 to 2005 or 2006.

The car was probably yellow, (new one is white) and was loaned to Albany Airport for a year in 06-07. The car is now under my ownership and still basically in Albany's T-1 scheme.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Original Albany Configuration.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1044881

I have tried Both airports mentioned above, and even Tradewind Scientific who may or may not have something. My hope is somebody on here may have caught the car either directly or indirectly.

How sure are you it's an '87? From the photo, it looks like it's got the non-aerodynamic headlights and bumpers from the 1896 and earlier models.

I hope you can get the photos you want and if so share them... I've been a Saab nut forever and was always interested in those friction testers. Ironically I live near BOS but have never seen the car(s) in person.
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
      ... the 1896 and earlier models ...
      Talk about old classic cars!!!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
        How sure are you it's an '87? From the photo, it looks like it's got the non-aerodynamic headlights and bumpers from the 1896 and earlier models.

I hope you can get the photos you want and if so share them... I've been a Saab nut forever and was always interested in those friction testers. Ironically I live near BOS but have never seen the car(s) in person.
        elaw,

It is a bad angle. The production date is 10/86, making it an early 87 model. Here is a pic of the car, compared to the car it directly replaced, and then was replaced by.

Name:	Albany AP 1986 T-1.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1015221
        This was Albany's 86 pre facelift car.

Name:	12390998_10208325073875021_7558147603437051656_n.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1015223
        SFT #211 post Boston Logan, in Albany's scheme.

Name:	Albany AP 2006 T-1.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1015224
        Albany's current car. a "Dame Edna" 9-5. Vid here,

And Bonus photo from SFT #211.

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1015225
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw that car in Albany around 2007 or 2008 back when I was with my first airline. I even vaguely remember the Captain I was flying with wondering what the deal with it was.

Comment

Little update in the hopes some new eyes see this request.

I have brought the car a little closer to what these things tend to look like when in service, I have also acquired some basic saab interior bits that had been missing or destroyed. I have bypassed the hydraulic system which was leaking untold amounts of power steering fluid into the passenger area, and replaced the alternator, water pump and associated belts.

Name:	211 latest.jpg
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1020111

Comment

Working...
            X