Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX vs. computer upgrade

Folks,

I'm currently running FSX (not Steam edition, the regular one) on a 32-bit Windows 7 machine and I'm thinking about upgrading.

Will a 64-bit OS and/or Windows 10 pose any problems?
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

I'm operating my FSX on Windows 10 64-bit perfectly. Everything is just smooth. However, I am using steam edition, maybe there is no big difference between FSX SE and regular version.
    Newbie to JP, view my photos here:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=87690

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
      Folks,

I'm currently running FSX (not Steam edition, the regular one) on a 32-bit Windows 7 machine and I'm thinking about upgrading.

Will a 64-bit OS and/or Windows 10 pose any problems?
      Hi Eric... Probably I should visit "my" Jetphotos forum section much more often! Why "my" section, well, due to my personal history. Since 1984 (or earlier!), I'm an aviation enthusiast, inherited from my father. Almost 33 years ago, man, time flies. To make it short, he told his children three things when we were very young:
      enthusiasm for computers, for aircraft and for cars, in exactly that order.
      Atari, Commodore, Amiga..
      I don't know exactly when the first bedroom simulator was invented. But I know when Cpt Randazzo established his company: in 1997. Brian doubted what I tried to say the last time I was here.
      But let's have a look at the things which the Cpt tries to sell today, and please tell me if I am the only one who sees this, or if on your screen it is only a blank page (!):

The title says: "PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II - Expansion Package for FSX - Downloads for FSX
      ... but what does Randazzo mean with
      the Price: $325,000,000.00 .

Am I the only one who is able to use that link?!? Brian?! Try that link!

Back on topic. I use FSX Gold (Pro + Acceleration in one package). But before I really switch to Win 10, and before I buy another pmdg product, I'll assure that all servers which I then need, are safe!

Nice to have seen you again, Eric.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
        Am I the only one who is able to use that link?!?
        The link works. And I see the same "not-so-cheap" price...
        "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Karl View Post
          The link works. And I see the same "not-so-cheap" price...
          Oh, you don't know how happy I am with your answer! 1000 Thanks for that! I tried to explain it to Brian, but he showed the same face as you: And I had to try to explain it to him twice. But Brians face right now is probably the same as yours or mine: 325 million US-$ ?!

So, Captain Randazzo, what's up with your website?!

Comment

$325,000,000.00 - seriously?

Comment

Perhaps the secret to its realism is they give you an actual airplane?
              Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                Hi Eric... Probably I should visit "my" Jetphotos forum section much more often! Why "my" section, well, due to my personal history. Since 1984 (or earlier!), I'm an aviation enthusiast, inherited from my father. Almost 33 years ago, man, time flies. To make it short, he told his children three things when we were very young:
                enthusiasm for computers, for aircraft and for cars, in exactly that order.
                Atari, Commodore, Amiga..
                I don't know exactly when the first bedroom simulator was invented. But I know when Cpt Randazzo established his company: in 1997. Brian doubted what I tried to say the last time I was here.
                But let's have a look at the things which the Cpt tries to sell today, and please tell me if I am the only one who sees this, or if on your screen it is only a blank page (!):

The title says: "PMDG 747-8 Queen of the Skies II - Expansion Package for FSX - Downloads for FSX
                ... but what does Randazzo mean with
                the Price: $325,000,000.00 .

Am I the only one who is able to use that link?!? Brian?! Try that link!

Back on topic. I use FSX Gold (Pro + Acceleration in one package). But before I really switch to Win 10, and before I buy another pmdg product, I'll assure that all servers which I then need, are safe!

Nice to have seen you again, Eric.
                The link goes to a message telling me that the package is no longer available from PMDG.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  The link goes to a message telling me that the package is no longer available from PMDG.
                  Hm. Good that you confirmed my opinion: precision manuals no longer sells a simulator solution for this gorgeous bird ?!:
                  The "1978 retro" Yankee Tango at Haneda airport.
                  The black radar nose reminds me of my childhood. LH, member of the 747 club since 1970.

But what Randazzo sells today, is this one:

What did I discuss with ATL only a few minutes ago. If you find pilots who enjoy to fly an a/c type, and if you find (updated) spare parts, you don't have to leave the 747 club!

But one or two questions are still without answer. I have paid a little less than 90 US-$ for my pmdg 747-400 fsx, Version I . Is the Version II so much better so that Version I owners should also buy it?

And, since Randazzo does no longer sell the 747-800 expansion for the Version I, will there be a pmdg 747-800 fsx, that really feels like the bigger sister ship?

Comment

The 748 expansion vI was only a visual model, without real flight dynamics. So, is there hope that we get a pmdg 747-800 fsx vII, where we can "feel" the difference?

B744 passenger version - MTOW 875,000 lb - range 7,260 nmi - good for TORA 3090 m (with MTOW)
                    B748i (passenger version) - MTOW 987,000 lb - range 8,000 nmi - good for TORA 3090 m (with MTOW)

I wished that we could get a 747-800 which fulfils the high pmdg standard: the best semipro 747-800 simulator on the planet. Higher MTOW and higher range than in the B744, but the TORA stays the same? Chief engineer Sutter really has been a brilliant inventor.

And Randazzo can do a 747-800 fsx with pmdg standard. He owns the title 'best semipro 747-400 simulator on the planet'.

Comment

Having trouble installing and setting up Win10? You aren’t alone. Here are a dozen-plus of the most common problems, along with a few solutions.

Many users have some errors and different problems although trying to upgrade, some of these issues involve not being able to install Windows 10.Others simply are not seeing the upgrade and many users are also informing issues activating the operating system after a clean install, and a variety of other issues.
                      You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky.
                      http://flyinganarchy.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tej007 View Post
                        http://www.infoworld.com/article/298...bout-them.html
                        Many users have some errors and different problems although trying to upgrade, some of these issues involve not being able to install Windows 10.Others simply are not seeing the upgrade and many users are also informing issues activating the operating system after a clean install, and a variety of other issues.
                        Wow. And this is one reason why I don't yet use Win X . I don't know since how many decades you use computers. If you ask me, since mor than 2 decades. And wasn't it almost always the case that we had to check a new o/s so that we are sure that it is friendly with ALL FILES that we've gathered (since more than 2 decades)?
                        This for sure includes:
                        Microsoft FSX and all programs that have been developed on that base since 2006. Should I name two or three of these?
                        Precision Manuals, OrbX (Hobart freeware ), and, last but not least, the very famous ADE X for fsx.

I like to rely on semipro software that already exists since a bunch of years. And that can't be a mistake if you watch my newest entry in the military section of this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
                          Perhaps the secret to its realism is they give you an actual airplane?
                          Yes. I've never asked my favourite airline, who they use as a contact to buy a 747, but the amount of US-$ is quite like that, isn't it.

But afaik, they don't ask Captain Randazzo (pmdg) when they plan to buy a B748i.

"I have paid a little less than 90 US-$ for my pmdg 747-400 fsx, Version I . Is the Version II so much better so that Version I owners should also buy it?"
                          Brian, please forgive me, but my question hasn't been answered since I asked.

Randazzo sells a B744 v2 fsx, which includes B744ER. That's an advantage compared to v1. But my question (#9) remains.

PS: If I lived near the home airport of this bird, I had already bought the v2. B744ER -, retro in this case, i.e. the livery should come back:
                          QF B744ER Wunala

Is offtopic allowed for 1 minute? What do we do in Germany since the Wunala left us? Afaik, my nickname never visited Australia. Thus, we need a 3rd airline. With my home airport, I'd try Cathay Pacific (with 1 stop to Kingsford Smith). Although the CX 747s no longer fly.
                          Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-03-08, 19:29. Reason: Wunala

Comment

Working...
                          X