X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake??? No way!!!

Greetings,

It has come to my attention the following post at A.Net

Since I am not a First class member there, and without paying $5 I can’t defend myself to some accusations some of the people, few I might add, I will defend myself here at JP.Net.

[photoid=169401]

Let me assure you the picture is not fake. I am not an aviation expert, nor a pilot, but I do know Capt. Ramos did that approach as seen, and landed it perfectly. These “so-called” aviators which think it is fake, might not be such aviators after all.

I just want to thank and show my total awe to the skills of a REAL AVIATOR as Capt. Ramos, and the rest of the outstanding Pilots which Binter Canarias has.

These “so-called” pilots should come to the Canary Islands and see how Binter Pilots, which are “REAL PILOTS”, fly and try to learn something instead of just because they can’t do it, say it is impossible. It would have been even harder for the “so called” pilots, to make it as easy and without a sense of danger, as Capt. Ramos did it.

Its nice to know if flying in Binter Canarias, that its pilots are able to perform such an outstanding job in emergency situations. I would not be so keen to fly with these “so called” pilots.

Your truly,

Gabe

NIIIICE

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

S'cool Gabe i gave them an earfull on your behalf, for some reason i still have a active account there.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
        S'cool Gabe i gave them an earfull on your behalf, for some reason i still have a active account there.

Thanks Dan,

Nice to know I can count with you and the rest of the people here.

Cheers

Gabe

Comment

Not a problem gabe, just keeping up the good name of JP.net

Comment

Captain decided to do a engine failure test and try reaching TFN with engines on idle. This pic shows 1500 feet above the rwy, 15 down angle and 0% torque.
            So he decided to do this while there were passengers on board? Is it normal operations for the airline when flying in Los Rodeos or was it a spur of the moment thing?

Comment

So he decided to do this while there were passengers on board? Is it normal operations for the airline when flying in Los Rodeos or was it a spur of the moment thing?
              No its just a Binter thing

Comment

Great Pictures !!!!

I watch a approach like this as i visit your beautiful Island in 2000 and they were just amazing never saw this before

Let them talk we know it better and see it Positive that get you some more Hits
                Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards / Atentos saludos / Meilleures salutations

Michael Bogensperger
                ==================================================

Airlinerpictures.net

My Photos at Jetphotos.net

Comment

Gabe, great pic (s)
                  First, you don't have to pay $5.00 a month for A.net. Sure, that will give you a so called first class membership, but all it does is take take ads away. I paid $ 25.00 once, that's it. It says membership could last from a few weeks to ???? I know I'll only put up those 25 bucks ONCE.
                  Edit: I thought the posts by this Jetguy or something had been deleted by somebody. I tried to convince him of being wrong, but, although he claims to be a pilot, he's probably too stupid to understand.

Peter

Comment

Gabe,

I'm about to reply on your behalf, along the lines of "go suck eggs"

Andrew

Comment

Must admit I thought it was a fake too... Only finally convinced myself otherwise after a very long look at the instruments and made a decision that it'd be too difficult to Photoshop those in the right conditions as well as the outside world.

So all I can say now is that the photo leaves me with the impression that the guy who's flying it is a f***ing nutter - he is totally way above the glide slope as indicated by the VASIs in each of your pictures and unless there's some genuine operational need to do such an approach (which I find hard to believe seeing as the VASIs are configured for a more conventional approach) there's no way I'd fly with them.

Andy

Comment

Andy,

That I can agree with. Don't know what Gabe was thinking, but I certainly wouldn't have my hands on a camera body, they would either be gripping the seat, or clasped together praying

And I do assume the aircraft was devoid of pax............please!

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Skymonster
                          ...he is totally way above the glide slope as indicated by the VASIs...
                          If they are/were T-VASIS, then he would be right on the glideslope.

Another point to remember (although maybe not relevant here), is that due to the lack of leading edge high-lift devices (slats,etc) turboprops can have a significant nose down attitude during approach.

Comment

[FUNNY MOOD ON]

Don't you remember the slogan of the Spanish Tourism Office a few years back? "Spain is different!"

I also recall the superb video showed by Gabe on this website. There one of the pilots says something like "vamos de cojones". Well, if a pax doesn't have "cojones" then take a boat to the canaries.

[FUNNY MOOD OFF]

In short words: Great shots, Gabe! But I think, I would have sent many prayers to everyone, who might help in such a situation

Cheers
                            Gerardo
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I saw this over on A.net also, and same here. I'm not going to pay any money to talk about it, so I'll do it here.

Looks real to me. The standby ADI shows 15 deg nose down and a slight bank, same as the horizon. So what if the torque is at 0. Turbine RPM is up there in the high 90's like it ought to be. Full flaps, gear down. Lots of drag out there. Can't see the prop RPM, but I bet its high. Check out the airspeed... He's at ref and 10. That's about what you want coming down final. Looks like a stabilized approach to me, just a steep angle.

Folks, turbine aircraft aren't like a single engine Cessna. If you dirty it up and pull the power out of it, they will come down like a brick.

I can tell you that if I put out full flaps and lower the gear, the Lear at flight idle will sink at an unGodly rate and scare the hell out of me.

To hold Vref +5 to 10, I'm holding 82-85% and still coming down. With the aircraft clean and a 250 kt descent, I can still manage a 4-5000 fom descent.

Those singles will float all day in those configurations. Turbines turn into bricks with the power off. Gotta put my name in the "real" column.
                              Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Working...
                              X