Request for Screening Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Screening Advice

Can anyone on the screening team help? I have been posting for 11 years so I know what the criteria are, or did until recently. However, I have had a picture rejected repeatedly for several reasons I simply don't understand. (There are other things too so I am not appealing but I need to know why JetPhotos is doing this now.) The Rejection snags were:

(1) JPEG Compression Artifacts - (The original is from a 51 megapixel sensor, processed from RAW in 16-bit colour). WHERE ARE THESE VISIBLE ON THE PICTURE (ATTACHED)?

(2) Categories Wrong or Missing: Categories are: MILITARY - YES: all others - No. WHAT AM I MISSING?

(3) Bad Info - Location: A screener told me an overflight in UK was UNITED KINGDOM - INFLIGHT. I got the same rejection for UNITED KINGDOM - OTHER LOCATION - OFF-AIRPORT HEREFORDSHIRE (the actual location). WHAT SHOULD I PUT?

I'd be very grateful for definitive answers to these questions. Thanks very much in anticipation.

Michael Brazier
    Attached Files

Originally posted by michaelbrazier View Post
    Can anyone on the screening team help? I have been posting for 11 years so I know what the criteria are, or did until recently. However, I have had a picture rejected repeatedly for several reasons I simply don't understand. (There are other things too so I am not appealing but I need to know why JetPhotos is doing this now.) The Rejection snags were:

(1) JPEG Compression Artifacts - (The original is from a 51 megapixel sensor, processed from RAW in 16-bit colour). WHERE ARE THESE VISIBLE ON THE PICTURE (ATTACHED)?

(2) Categories Wrong or Missing: Categories are: MILITARY - YES: all others - No. WHAT AM I MISSING?

(3) Bad Info - Location: A screener told me an overflight in UK was UNITED KINGDOM - INFLIGHT. I got the same rejection for UNITED KINGDOM - OTHER LOCATION - OFF-AIRPORT HEREFORDSHIRE (the actual location). WHAT SHOULD I PUT?

I'd be very grateful for definitive answers to these questions. Thanks very much in anticipation.

Michael Brazier
    1) JPG compression artefacts are visible as blotchy sky. To me it looks like you either added too much noise reduction or saved at a too high compression setting, maybe even a combination of both. I checked the rejected photo: at a width of 1300px it should be far bigger than only 165kb.

2) Cartgories wrong: it is a ACJ, so it needs BUSINESS JET category.

3) Bad Info: overflight is NEVER and has NEVER BEEN "[...] - INFLIGHT" ... NEVER! The location should reflect, where you took the photo from. If location is not an airport, then use the OTHER LOCATION link and add the location, but WITHOIT adding "OFF-AIRPORT". Example "Other location - Museum of [...]"
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by michaelbrazier View Post

Michael Brazier
      Just to add on to Gerardo's explanation, the location should be in this format: OTHER LOCATION - HEREFORDSHIRE
      'In flight' only applies if you were flying when you took the photo, which I assume you were not. 'Off-Airport' is the airliners.net version of 'Other Location', so it obviously isn't used here.

Also, Civil/Military qualifies as 'Genre' here, and would be a bad info rejection if it were incorrect. 'Categories' relate not to the operator, but to the type of aircraft, such as Business Jet, Small Prop, Cargo, Helicopter, etc...

Coming from an a.net background myself, I can see why you're a bit confunsed about those two; JP does those things a bit differently, that's all

Comment

I connect to the picture Michael Brazier, it was not refused for the same reasons, but always for a photo en route to "Subject too / too much dead space" but if the plane is en route as you do not have around space?
        Thanks for replay
        Monica

_MG_8425 by Monica De Guidi, su Flickr

Comment

Maybe you can crop a bit tighter. But for the rest we do have shots like this in the dbase. So acceptable cropping wise imo.
          “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Thanks Erwin
            do a tighter crop!
            Monica

Comment

Working...
            X