A gift of life : Pilot donates kidney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A gift of life : Pilot donates kidney

Jenny Hansel, a flight attendant on Alaska Airlines has been suffering from kidney disease for over 15 years, undergone 7 surgeries and is subjected to 10 hours of dialysis every night. Without a kidney transplant, Jenny faces many years of dialysis and quite likely death. Alaska Airlines called for a donor from among their employees and Captain Jodi Harskamp was one of the first people to step forward. Captain Harskamp flies for Alaska Airlines, especially on the Hawaii route, and Jenny Hansel was often an attendant on the same aircraft.

In Captain Harskamp’s words : “As one person, it’s difficult to change the world, but you can at least change somebody’s world.”

Source: http://flyinganarchy.com/gift-life-p...onates-kidney/

Originally posted by hugh View Post
    Jenny Hansel, a flight attendant on Alaska Airlines has been suffering from kidney disease for over 15 years, undergone 7 surgeries and is subjected to 10 hours of dialysis every night. [...]
    It seems as if December 'O 16 was a very fertile month for new, so-called "Junior Members". But December in general seems to be a good month, e.g. to become a member...

I haven't used your link yet, but your eleventh entry here on this platform, and congratulations for that, could also be part of "Inspiring America". That's a topic which is operated by a man who quite soon celebrates his... 50th birthday, as I assume.

And Alaska Air also appears on a white list which has been published by the employer of that 50yr old man... - not without a reason as we see again today.

PS (insider): Do fishes always count the years? Not always. Most of the time, they know something better to do. I know what I'm talkin about..
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
    X