JP site redesign. Problem. Auto-fill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP site redesign. Problem. Auto-fill

I use autofill button everytime I upload my photos. And I hope that JP autofill works correctly. Of course I everytime do my best to fill reg number properly but serial number... I provide correct reg number. At the same time I hope that JP autofill system do the best to fill serial number properly. If JP autofill insert incorrect serial number should I be responsible for JP autofill mistakes? If I should check every field filled by JP autofill system I don't see any profit from autofilling. Since JP redesigned I've got several rejects for "Bad Info: Serial Number/CN".
    So
    1. JP autofill made mistakes.
    2. I have no posibility to correct this mistakes. Upon upload all data looks normal.
    3. JP screener reject my photo.
    4. I waste 7 days in the queue. And I lost 1 upload slot for 14 days.
    5. And everything is correct?

Hello,
    Thanks for reporting but without an example it's a bit hard to comment. Cn and census infos are as good as possible but when someone uploads a plane with incorrect infos it does corrupt the database. That's why we clearly ask people to double check the infos before pressing the upload button.
    I've uploaded than +100 new regs and have +6000 in the database and I can assure you that with a little care, infos should never be a big issue.

Best regards
    Alex

Comment

Example.

Queue ID: 5695816

REJECTED PHOTOS=1
      RejectID: 5695816 Time in queue: 4 days 19 hours 52 minutes

Airline
      Aircraft
      Registration
      Rejection Reason(s): - Bad Info: Serial Number/CN
      Appeal this photo

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
        Hello,
        Thanks for reporting but without an example it's a bit hard to comment. Cn and census infos are as good as possible but when someone uploads a plane with incorrect infos it does corrupt the database. That's why we clearly ask people to double check the infos before pressing the upload button.
        I've uploaded than +100 new regs and have +6000 in the database and I can assure you that with a little care, infos should never be a big issue.

Best regards
        Alex
        Hi Alex! So as I understand you think that users are responsible for site errors... In my oppinion site errors should be corrected during screening process... But it's just my oppinion and it's just about client focussing...

Comment

Examples of auto-fill bugs preventing upload:

N6328 - auto-fill fails to populate the aircraft fields and the specific aircraft type is missing and cannot be selected from the manual drop down lists. Operator is fine.

66-0329 - when auto-fill is selected I get a pop-up specifying multiple operators, yet none are present to select. Once again, they aircraft type cannot be input manually as it is not a selectable option despite there being accepted images already in the database.

Hope these examples help get the bugs fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by n94504 View Post
            Examples of auto-fill bugs preventing upload:

N6328 - auto-fill fails to populate the aircraft fields and the specific aircraft type is missing and cannot be selected from the manual drop down lists. Operator is fine.

66-0329 - when auto-fill is selected I get a pop-up specifying multiple operators, yet none are present to select. Once again, they aircraft type cannot be input manually as it is not a selectable option despite there being accepted images already in the database.

Hope these examples help get the bugs fixed.
            N6328 should generate the correct aircraft and c/n.

Regarding 66-0329 this is indeed a bug. For now you can fill her in manually. This should work.

Brgds.
            “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by MAG View Post
              Hi Alex! So as I understand you think that users are responsible for site errors... In my oppinion site errors should be corrected during screening process... But it's just my oppinion and it's just about client focussing...
              We do take care of client focussing with the autofill system. But you can understand it is impossible to have 100% fail safe system with new registrations and aircraft appearing every day. And the autofill for LY-AZV works perfectly so did you change it manually?

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
                And the autofill for LY-AZV works perfectly so did you change it manually?
                No I'm absolutely sure. I never change serial number manually. Look for me serial number means nothing. When I upload the photos I just check if autofilling insert some digits in this field or not. For example Serial number 11111 or 22222 for me is just several digits. I have no reason to change it because I never know witch is correct.
                And some facts from me.
                1. Old JP design
                I made over 200 uploads during 7 months period
                Serial number rejection - 0 (or maybe 1, but not more)
                2. New JP design
                I made about 10 uploads during 7 days and got several Serial number rejection.
                I don't know why it happen in new JP. Maybe SQL request falls, maybe the data from the upload field don't transfer correctly. My personal statistic tells me that something wrong in new JP.

Comment

To save errors it is worth trying to find a site by the national aviation authority, for example all G- reg aircraft can be checked by the CAA's GINFO database which is never wrong.
                  I have actually also found certain aircraft in the database do not provide their details on the autofill which may help to magnify the issue of wrong serial numbers for those later on.

Comment

Two more from Pima with issues, both have accepted images in the database already:
                    49-0372 has the multiple operator pop-up fail.
                    53-2135 fails to auto-fill aircraft type.
                    Both are repeats of the issues advised above, cheers.

Comment

Sorry, one more. Lockheed Shooting Star reg 136810 doesn't auto-fill, nor can the details be selected manually to match those already accepted in the database. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by n94504 View Post
                        Sorry, one more. Lockheed Shooting Star reg 136810 doesn't auto-fill, nor can the details be selected manually to match those already accepted in the database. Thanks.

Thnx

Will try to fix those asap

Erwin

Comment

Hi all,

We have made some fixes for the upload page- we are currently testing the fixes. Hopefully we will be able to release the fixes tomorrow.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Comment

On a similar note, I'm trying to upload an image of a wrecked DC-3 at La Paz which has no identification marks, so I do not know the registration. The upload guidelines say to leave the reg field blank, but with the new upload page, the "Upload Photo" button will not activate without a registration specified.

Any suggestions?

Comment

I am trying to load a photo of helicopter G-BYZA which is already in the database but when clicking "autofill" it just comes up with the manufacturer (Aerospatiale) and no details of type or variant and it will not allow you to add these. Another bug to be fixed or do I need to something else?

Comment

Working...
                              X