Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this part of an A321?

Hey guys,

just a quick question, those of you from the UK will know, and some from here in the US may have heard of an airline called Monarch, anyway they have an aircraft registered G-ZBAK.
    Recently ive seen photos of this aircraft with an annoying white patch under door 2L, where it should be painted purple. It's hard to explain, but here are some photos:

Click image for larger version

Name:	28556_1474801459.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	623.8 KB
ID:	1044907

Name:	14337_1486132063.jpg
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1044908

Name:	55846_1479731158.jpg
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	1044909

My first thought is that it's something to do with the deployment of the emergency slide, however there haven't been any cases of this happening to this aircraft, so does anybody have any idea why there would be such an eyesaw on what would otherwise be a good looking aircraft??

***BEFORE ANYBODY ASKS, THE TITLE IS SUPPOSED TO ASK WHAT IT IS, NOT WHY IT IS THERE***

Originally posted by United.AirlinesLover View Post
    Hey guys,

just a quick question, those of you from the UK will know, and some from here in the US may have heard of an airline called Monarch, anyway they have an aircraft registered G-ZBAK.
    Recently ive seen photos of this aircraft with an annoying white patch under door 2L, where it should be painted purple. It's hard to explain, but here are some photos:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7278[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7279[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7280[/ATTACH]

My first thought is that it's something to do with the deployment of the emergency slide, however there haven't been any cases of this happening to this aircraft, so does anybody have any idea why there would be such an eyesaw on what would otherwise be a good looking aircraft??

***BEFORE ANYBODY ASKS, THE TITLE IS SUPPOSED TO ASK WHAT IT IS, NOT WHY IT IS THERE***
    So... it looks that they replaced that panel, for whatever reason, after the plane was painted.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

The escape slide on door L2 is under the door so I would hazard a guess that it's the slide residing behind that panel.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        The escape slide on door L2 is under the door so I would hazard a guess that it's the slide residing behind that panel.
        Your guess would be correct. I'm somewhat surprised that the OP finds a color-mismatched panel in any way unusual. Sometimes that's all that can be sourced, including at the airline for which he presumably has much admiration.

Comment

thank you guys!
          pancake

Comment

Working...
          X