Image size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image size question

The upload guidelines give a nice table for acceptable image sizes to upload to the site. My question is, are those exact sizes the only allowed ones? For example, can I upload a 16:9 format image where the width falls between 1067 and 1200?

I'm trying to upload an image that's 1188 wide (yes I know, but I applied a minor rotation after finishing the image and recropped it!) and 669 high. When I try to upload it, I get an "image validation failed" message saying the image is less than the minimum height of 675.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image size.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1044910

Thanks.

Hi!

The sizes in the table are just guidelines and you can upload images at different sizes as long as they fall within the required aspect ratio and minimum/maximum pixel dimensions. The image you're trying to upload should fit perfectly fine within the requirements and I'm not quite sure why it isn't at the moment, we're looking into it though and will get back to you with an update once we figure out what's happening.

Cheers

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Hi,

We will look into it as it does appear to be a bug.

Thanks,
      Laurence

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
        Hi!

The sizes in the table are just guidelines and you can upload images at different sizes as long as they fall within the required aspect ratio and minimum/maximum pixel dimensions. The image you're trying to upload should fit perfectly fine within the requirements and I'm not quite sure why it isn't at the moment, we're looking into it though and will get back to you with an update once we figure out what's happening.

Cheers

Paul
        I expected that to be the case and I think I'd uploaded 'odd' sizes before without issue. The new, smarter upload page might be a little too smart?

Comment

Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
          Hi,

We will look into it as it does appear to be a bug.

Thanks,
          Laurence
          Thanks, Laurence.

Comment

We just updated the upload form - 576px is now the minimum height for 16:9 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by laurencefr24 View Post
              We just updated the upload form - 576px is now the minimum height for 16:9 photos.
              I just tried with my slightly 'odd' sized image and I get the same error. The image is 1188 x 669 which is exactly 16:9 and within the size limits.

Comment

Working...
              X