Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Color/Similar Photo

Originally posted by XM02A View Post
    Hey guys, just a bit confused about a particular rejection, trying to learn from my mistake.

This is the photo in question.

Apparently it's been considered as similar to this.
    jewish [1600px]. 4X-EAR. Boeing 767-352(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

My understanding about the similar photo rule was minimum greater than 45 degrees angle. It's a different location, parked vs taxiing, different angle, (greater than 45) and different day all together. As a personal rule I normally don't upload the same registrations at an airport during a visit too much but considering the rarity of El Al at YSSY, I made a comment to the screeners explaining the significance of the occurrence, as I assumed it was already within the rules.

Regarding the color, that's fair enough, and at least something that I can try to fix. To be fair, it was taken before sunrise. I did upload as a 'night' shot. All I got from the screener in the appeal was "Admin Comments >> angle way too similar, poor contrast/color. Regards". That doesn't really help all that much. Does it need more contrast? Less contrast? What color in particular should I reduce/increase? I guess that's what the forum is for though.

Happy to stand corrected if I have a misunderstanding of either rule. Just trying to learn.

Cheers.
    The difference is less than 45°. The photo has a green-ish colour cast. Also, the photo is borderline soft and suffers a bit from JPG compression. Depending on the original photo, you should be able to improve it, but the similar angle is a killer here.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
    X