Showing tiles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing tiles.

I miss the possibility to look at tiles.
    I don't feel like looking all of the pics every day one by one.
    It was an easy way to look quickly to the daily pics en click those I wanted to see better.

Why did it vanish?

Jaap Louwen.

Anybody?

Comment

A tile is a manufactured piece of hard-wearing material such as ceramic, stone, metal, or even glass, generally used for covering roofs, floors, walls, showers, or other objects such as tabletops.

I suppose nobody understood what you meant.

Regards
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

I think mr. J. Louwen meant: viewing files (pictures) using "tiles" such as on microsoft windows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiles in Microsoft Windows.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	900.8 KB
ID:	1015576

In other words maybe he meant: views on THUMBNAILS (= very small or concise description, representation, or summary)?

Brgds

Nito

Better be in stone age than in no age

Comment

Yeah, got that tiles meant thumbnails, but still don't really understand what was meant.

Comment

This is not my case but I think he meant viewing photos on thumbnails like the old jp design.
            You could view photos (thumbnails) on one page like 15, 30, 60, 90 or 120 with or without data by scrolling down the page.

Better be in stone age than in no age

Comment

Originally posted by Nito View Post
              This is not my case but I think he meant viewing photos on thumbnails like the old jp design.
              You could view photos (thumbnails) on one page like 15, 30, 60, 90 or 120 with or without data by scrolling down the page.
              Well, that's pretty much how the front page works now, so still not sure what was meant.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                Yeah, got that tiles meant thumbnails, but still don't really understand what was meant.
                That is exactly what I ment haha! I don't know why I used the term tiles
                Maybe it's because I'm getting older?

But anyway, I would likt to know why we cannot see thumbnails anymore.

Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by J.Louwen View Post
                  That is exactly what I ment haha! I don't know why I used the term tiles
                  Maybe it's because I'm getting older?

But anyway, I would likt to know why we cannot see thumbnails anymore.

Regards!
                  Do you mean why can't you see thumbnails in a single column instead of thumbnails filling the whole page as it is now?

If you load the front page, all you can see is thumbnails, so again your question remains unclear, sorry.

Comment

Yessssssss, now it is clear and I found what I was looking for!
                    Thanks dlowwa
                    I should have spent more attention to the new lay out of the site! really of me.

Sorry for the inconvenience it gave to anyone of you!

Regards!

Comment

Originally posted by Nito View Post
                      I came across this topic and this is exactly what I also miss in the new lay-out.
                      The possibility to show searchresults in thumbnails, on pages with 30,60,90 or 120 images, and with or without data.

And that is NOT how the FrontPage works, where you only see a the newest added images and you do not have a choice, how many images you will see on a page.

Comment

Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
                        I came across this topic and this is exactly what I also miss in the new lay-out.
                        The possibility to show searchresults in thumbnails, on pages with 30,60,90 or 120 images, and with or without data.

And that is NOT how the FrontPage works, where you only see a the newest added images and you do not have a choice, how many images you will see on a page.
                        I am aware of how it works, which is why I said

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        that's pretty much how the front page works
                        Not exactly the same as before, but basically the same idea. No, you are not able to select exactly how many images you would like to display, but you simply need to scroll to load more images, or stop scrolling to stop loading. With some of the info displayed on the thumbnail, this is a much more efficient use of space for the front page.

Any other kind of search (most popular, specific reg., etc..) will display the more traditional list of thumbnails.

Comment

Working...
                        X