Lightroom Export Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightroom Export Question

Hello I am new in the forum and hope someone can help me with this question. The edited plane photos in Lightroom 6 look really nice in terms of clarity and sharpness. When I export from Lightroom to .jpg file (JPG quality 100; res 1280x800) and upload the photo to JP, I notice the pictures looses clarity and especially sharpness. Anyone else made a similar observation and maybe has advice how to remedy it?

Originally posted by happyguardian View Post
    Hello I am new in the forum and hope someone can help me with this question. The edited plane photos in Lightroom 6 look really nice in terms of clarity and sharpness. When I export from Lightroom to .jpg file (JPG quality 100; res 1280x800) and upload the photo to JP, I notice the pictures looses clarity and especially sharpness. Anyone else made a similar observation and maybe has advice how to remedy it?
    Hard to say without seeing comparison images and a breakdown of your editing workflow, but it could be you're working and saving the image in different color spaces (sRGB vs. other).

Comment

Originally posted by happyguardian View Post
      I had similar issues when exporting using Lightroom. The preview image in LR looked awesome, but the resized exported image had jagged edges. I tried fiddling with the export settings and even using a more advance resize plugin but it still wasn't satisfactory.

I ended up doing basic adjustments in LR, then opening the RAW image in Photoshop to do the rest. Resize, create a masked sharpening layer, then dial back any over sharpened spots before exporting.

Comment

Working...
      X