Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The United debarcle

Some comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Evan & 3BS(in red)
    Americans are nuts to begin with. Who need to travel with two high-capacity ammo clips in his bag? I mean really?

I don't think this fellow NEEDED to travel with useless ammo clips...I just think he wanted to get them shipped home for free and without the hassle of checked luggage...pure laziness and a tiny abuse of his special privileges as a trained, trusted professional. JMO- but I don't think carrying two clips satisfies any special NEEDS of a nutjob.

2) Now that we have the threat of non-metallic guns to deal with (thank to you, paranoid libertard America) we have to focus on catching the bullets. It doesn't take a great deal of imagination to see the danger in having two passengers conspire to smuggle both a gun and ammo on the plane, but it takes SOME imagination. And a sane level of paranoia. Bullets don't belong on airplanes, period. If you feel vulnerable and afraid travelling without your precious Glock, take the bus with all the other nutters.

I missed the part in the story where the guy had his 'precious Glock' (or a plastic gun) with him...where did you get this, or are you making the story into more than what it is to support a personal disdain for firearms?

Yeah, sure, bad judgement on his part (and we do need procedures as maybe he COULD (you never know) have a co-conspirator-buddy with the gun),...

...But methinks you are totally changing the story and moving the goal posts here.

Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post
    Some comments in "teal":
    I don't think this fellow NEEDED to travel with useless ammo clips...I just think he wanted to get them shipped home for free and without the hassle of checked luggage...pure laziness and a tiny abuse of his special privileges as a trained, trusted professional. JMO- but I don't think carrying two clips satisfies any special NEEDS of a nutjob.

According to the story, he had accidentally brought them in (undetected) from the US because they were already in his suitcase before he set off for Japan. The question remains: why? Why must civilian people ever have hi-capacity magazines in a suitcase?

I missed the part in the story where the guy had his 'precious Glock' (or a plastic gun) with him...where did you get this, or are you making the story into more than what it is to support a personal disdain for firearms?

No he didn't have a gun, and that is my point. If we were to let people on because, well, they have bullets but no gun then we are opening up a nice opportunity for a pretty obvious plot involving another pax with a gun but no bullets, now that libertard.com has taught us all how to make a plastic one...

(My disdain for firearms has something to do with annual moronic slaughter in the name of "freedom" that far exceeds every aviation disaster in the past three decades put together)

The very fact that a 1-year-old was able to reach and kick the seat in front of him tells you something

God forbid the airline go the extra yard and have a policy...you gotta keep your kid from kicking the seat back in front of them..
    Put that next to the policy against reclining your seat if the person behind you has a femur longer than the seat pitch.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news...t5R&ocid=ientp

Hmmm...sort of non news IMO. Bullets aren't super useful without a gun.
    Have you ever had bullets thrown at you? It hurts!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

I once tested out those packets of duck sauce they give out at oriental restaurants by throwing a few at a coworker. They worked... he ducked!
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Have you ever had bullets thrown at you? It hurts!
    1. No...I'd think the captain would zip tie me.
    2. Plus, bullets would not be my first choice...12 oz beverage can? Or just a few weeks ago we were using wine bottles.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    ***Why must civilian people ever have hi-capacity magazines in a suitcase?***
    ...maybe because a suitcase is intended to carry multiple, loose, sundry items that you don't need to have on your person...along with hair driers, underarm deodorant, extra camera lenses and batteries, that gift you found for the person who didn't go on the trip, magazines (of any capacity or even the reading kind), [Edited for Gabriel quote] clean underwear for the days ahead, used underwear from days past...

[New comment regarding Gabriel quote: ]

items that you don't need to have on your person... underwear...
    Hmmm.....

Default Today's headline...

Cheap, corner-cutting, low-cost carrier abusing rampies? (Or are there additional angles to this?)

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/a029...ers-union.html

...maybe because a suitcase is intended to carry multiple, loose, sundry items that you don't need to have on your person...along with hair driers, underarm deodorant, extra camera lenses and batteries, that gift you found for the person who didn't go on the trip, magazines (of any capacity or even the reading kind), [Edited for Gabriel quote] clean underwear for the days ahead, used underwear from days past...
    so, toothbrush. check. deodorant. check. clean underwear. check. 30 rounds of clip-fed ammunition. check.

ready for anything America

so, toothbrush. check. deodorant. check. clean underwear. check. 30 rounds of clip-fed ammunition. check.

...except the guy with 60 rounds of ammo. "Neighborhood nuclear superiority", here we come!
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Still feeling the closed-minded, black-and-white Evan bias and dismissal that maybe the FA was just wanting the lazy, cheap way out on getting his new magazines & shells out, and that he's NOT Charles Bronson / Rambo wanna bee / John McClean wanna be...

"Person have magazine...nut job want shoot people."

...but so be it, please carry on.

Still feeling the closed-minded, black-and-white Evan bias and dismissal that maybe the FA was just wanting the lazy, cheap way out on getting his new magazines & shells out, and that he's NOT Charles Bronson / Rambo wanna bee / John McClean wanna be...
    You're not following along... the guy brought the ammo from the US into Japan by accident because he had it in his bag from a previous trip (to where, and why?). Why would any American buy ammo in Japan where they have sane gun control when he can buy it like candy in the good ole USA?

I get why people want to have guns at home. I sorta get why crackers want to carry guns in public when they go out amongst other crackers. But I can't get my head around people who travel with multiple clips of mass destruction and I really wish we could at least put an end to that.

What I don't get about "Open Carry" in the USA is......how many fucking enemies have they made that would want to get into a gunfight with them ?
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    What I don't get about "Open Carry" in the USA is......how many fucking enemies have they made that would want to get into a gunfight with them ?
    Well, to begin with, all the "librals".

And then there's the "govment".

And, of course, "terrists".

Anyway, at least with "Open Carry" you can see who's the nutter and steer clear of them. I'm more troubled by "Concealed Carry", where you are allowed to be strapped in public as long as you hide the fact. It allows society to exist in a very dangerous state of denial.

Back to the aviation forum incident at hand, you can see what began as a sort of personal protection 'practicality' has clearly spun out of control, is in a spiral dive and America is doing nothing to recover as it rapidly loses altitude—just staring at the instruments and not believing them...