The United debarcle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Have you ever had bullets thrown at you? It hurts!
    1. No...I'd think the captain would zip tie me.
    2. Plus, bullets would not be my first choice...12 oz beverage can? Or just a few weeks ago we were using wine bottles.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
      ***Why must civilian people ever have hi-capacity magazines in a suitcase?***
      ...maybe because a suitcase is intended to carry multiple, loose, sundry items that you don't need to have on your person...along with hair driers, underarm deodorant, extra camera lenses and batteries, that gift you found for the person who didn't go on the trip, magazines (of any capacity or even the reading kind), [Edited for Gabriel quote] clean underwear for the days ahead, used underwear from days past...

[New comment regarding Gabriel quote: ]
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        items that you don't need to have on your person... underwear...
        Hmmm.....

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Today's headline...

Cheap, corner-cutting, low-cost carrier abusing rampies? (Or are there additional angles to this?)

Comment

...maybe because a suitcase is intended to carry multiple, loose, sundry items that you don't need to have on your person...along with hair driers, underarm deodorant, extra camera lenses and batteries, that gift you found for the person who didn't go on the trip, magazines (of any capacity or even the reading kind), [Edited for Gabriel quote] clean underwear for the days ahead, used underwear from days past...
            so, toothbrush. check. deodorant. check. clean underwear. check. 30 rounds of clip-fed ammunition. check.

ready for anything America

Comment

so, toothbrush. check. deodorant. check. clean underwear. check. 30 rounds of clip-fed ammunition. check.

...except the guy with 60 rounds of ammo. "Neighborhood nuclear superiority", here we come!
              Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Still feeling the closed-minded, black-and-white Evan bias and dismissal that maybe the FA was just wanting the lazy, cheap way out on getting his new magazines & shells out, and that he's NOT Charles Bronson / Rambo wanna bee / John McClean wanna be...

"Person have magazine...nut job want shoot people."

...but so be it, please carry on.

Comment

Still feeling the closed-minded, black-and-white Evan bias and dismissal that maybe the FA was just wanting the lazy, cheap way out on getting his new magazines & shells out, and that he's NOT Charles Bronson / Rambo wanna bee / John McClean wanna be...
                  You're not following along... the guy brought the ammo from the US into Japan by accident because he had it in his bag from a previous trip (to where, and why?). Why would any American buy ammo in Japan where they have sane gun control when he can buy it like candy in the good ole USA?

I get why people want to have guns at home. I sorta get why crackers want to carry guns in public when they go out amongst other crackers. But I can't get my head around people who travel with multiple clips of mass destruction and I really wish we could at least put an end to that.

Comment

• What I don't get about "Open Carry" in the USA is......how many fucking enemies have they made that would want to get into a gunfight with them ?
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                      What I don't get about "Open Carry" in the USA is......how many fucking enemies have they made that would want to get into a gunfight with them ?
                      Well, to begin with, all the "librals".

And then there's the "govment".

And, of course, "terrists".

Anyway, at least with "Open Carry" you can see who's the nutter and steer clear of them. I'm more troubled by "Concealed Carry", where you are allowed to be strapped in public as long as you hide the fact. It allows society to exist in a very dangerous state of denial.

Back to the aviation forum incident at hand, you can see what began as a sort of personal protection 'practicality' has clearly spun out of control, is in a spiral dive and America is doing nothing to recover as it rapidly loses altitude—just staring at the instruments and not believing them...

Comment

***Anyway, at least with "Open Carry" you can see who's the ...XXX... and steer clear of them. I'm more troubled by "Concealed Carry", where you are allowed to be strapped in public as long as you hide the fact.***
                        Extremely judgmental and provocative noun deleted.

That being said- you do capture the main points: Is it better to be "open carry"- which might invite trouble (versus keeping things transparent which is sort of a good thing)

vs.

Concealed- which for someone with in a rural area (with Evan's holier-than-thou labeling as therefore ignernt and gun loving) who only desires defense (because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away), is allowed to be ready to potentially defend themselves, as opposed to being forced to be almost totally defenseless by the holier than thou city dweller. (versus keeping things hidden so the rare nut job can be sneaky)

Comment

• Transportation business- total Evil doing NOTHING to provide a service to customers..

Or, is it sometimes kind of tough to be dealing with all of the crazies and TV-lawsuit-lawyers in the world?

Comment

Or, is it sometimes kind of tough to be dealing with all of the crazies and TV-lawsuit-lawyers in the world?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7e42590...sing-legs.html
                            The kid must have a GPA of 4.5, he's a National Merit Scholar. Only a genius like that would walk on active train tracks wearing headphones.

Comment

• Indeed.

Comment

• Today's Incident

Some will call bullcrap on the passenger...They BOOKED the CHEAPO fare which means last-minute seat assignments...THE CUSTOMER chose to split up the family.

And, ALSO in defense of the airline- no good deed goes unpunished...Gate agent saw "the expensive seats" open and "Gave them FREE" to mom and the kiddies.

Now, do we have an issue with seating Nazi FA's who go full-traffic-cop-everyone-is-a-criminal if someone (including Gabriel) tries to sneak up to 'second class'?

My thought- PLEASE STOP this make $ EVERY POSSIBLE WAY YOU CAN. Twice now- I've seen how (traveling alone) on the super duper cheapo fare, I can get into second class FOR FREE! Hey, I'm cheating as much as the guy walking up- but in this case I have the airline's permission.

The magic word: Inconsistency. By pure luck, I can go cheap and get the extra legroom- FOR THE CHEAPO FARE. But Gabriel better not try to move up...NOPE!

Just make the whole damn plane assigned seating- AND if you want to charge more for windows and asiles...just frigging do it! Enough of the game playing of screwing the family who pays to sit together, while doing a favor to the family who goes cheap, and then getting pissy if dad walks up, or JR takes a snooze in a high$ second-class seat...

'Your' inconsistency does nothing but make us MORE pissed at you! Yeah, I'm so sorry you have to deal with us PITA, nut-job passengers, but hey, instead of cow-towing to us one sec and then calling security and yelling the next...treat your nut-jobs CONSISTENTLY!

Footnote: Bad journalism...was the kid just sleeping there without being belted in? Evan reminds us how dangerous turbulence can be...and if Jr. got hurt? Heck yeah, sue United...lawyer will be free as soon as he collects from CSX for the dude walking the tracks with his headphones on.

Comment

Working...
                                X