Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 408

Thread: The United debarcle

  1. #381
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Do you intentionally always give the wrong link or what? Do you realize that your link ends in ss_in-threat-to-boeing%2C-chinese.html?
    Always? Did I ever tell you about absolute statements.

    Indeed, expeletive Yahoo!'s new news methodology may have resulted in a goofy link or two. But I think the link to United's losses over Harvey was correct, and not too much of a stretch that it migh result in more 'great' United service.

    I did notice the URL, which matched the SECOND article below Air Canada tripping up a family...checked it twice.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  2. #382
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Do you intentionally always give the wrong link or what? Do you realize that your link ends in ss_in-threat-to-boeing%2C-chinese.html?
    It looks like the chemtrails are starting to have the desired effect...
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

    Eric Law

  3. #383
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    5,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post
    Always? Did I ever tell you about absolute statements.
    Sorry.
    Do you intentionally almost always give the wrong link or what? Do you realize that your link ends in ss_in-threat-to-boeing%2C-chinese.html?
    Fixed 3WE's style.

    I did notice the URL, which matched the SECOND article below Air Canada tripping up a family...checked it twice.
    Well, whatever. I can't find it. Not even using the search function available in that Yahoo page.
    Next time, if you want to discuss about Air Canada tripping up a family, try with the link about Air Canada tripping up a family instead of the link of the second article below that.

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  4. #384
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    678
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

    Eric Law

  5. #385
    Member ATLcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    575

    Default

    I found the last statement in the article somewhat full of ironing.

    Quote Originally Posted by thivakaran

    "I'm never travelling on Air Canada again," says Thivakaran. "Even if I was on my death bed and I needed immediate treatment in U.S. (bolding mine-ATLcrew), I'd rather die than go on Air Canada."

  6. #386
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Well, whatever. I can't find it. Not even using the search function available in that Yahoo page.
    Next time, if you want to discuss about Air Canada tripping up a family, try with the link about Air Canada tripping up a family instead of the link of the second article below that.
    This is a thread about customer service.

    I gave you a link that worked for me.

    I then took a moment to double check it.

    Not only that, I went the extra yard and gave context so that a person (like elaw) could STILL search out the article.

    Given what you paid me for this service, quit your bitching.

    Typical from a dude who expects more room on the plane than I get, but doesn't think he should have to pay for it.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  7. #387
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    5,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post
    I gave you a link that worked for me.

    I then took a moment to double check it.

    Not only that, I went the extra yard and gave context so that a person (like elaw) could STILL search out the article.

    Given what you paid me for this service...
    Are you a consultant?

    http://www.corsinet.com/braincandy/hanimals39.html

    (please let me know if the link takes you to some unrelated joke instead)

    --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

  8. #388
    Member LH-B744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    1 hr away from EDDL
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Are you a consultant?

    [..]
    Hm. You think that he is a corporate consultant? I don't think so. He knows ALOT about aviation, for me almost too much to only be a consultant.. In my eyes he either is independent or, but that should be a detail which I should know, since 2008...
    he works for an airline.
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

    Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

  9. #389
    Member LH-B744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    1 hr away from EDDL
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLcrew View Post
    What?
    Hm.
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

    Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

  10. #390
    Member LH-B744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    1 hr away from EDDL
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    B-747 Mmo: M 0.92
    B-777 Mmo: M 0.89
    A-380 Mmo: M 0.89
    A-340 Mmo: M 0.86
    A-330 Mmo: M 0.86


    They will. And since Boeing is discontinuing the production after only 133 airframes delivered (including the last 18 to be delivered, which is all the backlog that is left after a net of minus 5 orders in 2017), it seems that United is not the only airline NOT in love with the 747 anymore (at least from a business case point of view), and, with no more development or derivatives insight, even LH will get rid of them sooner or later. The 777-Max will be significantly more efficient than the current 777, which in turn is significantly more efficient than the 747, which we all love, but whose queendom is ending.
    Hm. So, you second what I've said about the speed of the B773ER?

    But you n me know where we also in the future can find some 747s or 777s:

    KL-B773ER
    AC-B773ER
    United B772ER
    and last but not least
    LH-B748i

    I had a rough guess even without your help. Why had President Obama owned a 747 as his company car, and not a 777. Surely not because .. the 777 is one or two dollars cheaper than the 747. I don't think that the price for one 747 unit is a criterion which were important for Obama. But Airspeed might have been one criterion why Obama has not repealed the VC-25.

    At least if it concerns one airport in South America, the 747 will stay (afaik)! ...

    PS:
    even LH will get rid of them sooner or later.
    Concerning the Yankee Lima, I have to disappoint you, Gabriel. She has been produced for LH and she's been sent into the air by the FAA on
    February 6th 2014. And now you have to believe me. 747s who are owned and flown by LH can become 25 years old, in good health.

    Now. Let me ask you, what are your plans for February 6th in the year 2040?!

    And still for Gabriel, and everybody who is interested in it.. 133, so what did you count, all orders for B748i and B748F combined, at the end of August 2017? At this moment, I have a source which says 47 B748i plus 88 B748F, for me that makes 135. But that's not a thing that we should argue about.

    I like to say that LH is not responsible for the demise of 747 orders, and "we" have never been responsible for that, not since 1970. Quite in contrary!
    Since the 747-800 has been invented in 2011, I'm wondering why until today not a single B748 has been ordered by
    UA
    DL
    or
    AA.

    Imho, there is only 1 answer. The B748i is the second biggest passenger jet on earth today, afaik, concerning MTOW and pax capacity.

    Is it true that only very few airlines on this planet today are able to 100% fill a B748i?
    And no US-American flag carrier is among these longtime 747 customers?

    That seems to be true, but that'll be a fact that I'll have to learn. I still know 747s which were painted completely in orange:
    How many 747 operators were there in the USA when I became an aviation enthusiast?
    Last edited by LH-B744; 09-14-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: I have to disappoint you, Gabriel.
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

    Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

  11. #391
    Member LH-B744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    1 hr away from EDDL
    Posts
    988

    Default

    And still for Gabriel, and everybody who is interested in it..

    Which is the evidence for the only very small age difference between us.. I even know that something like...
    ...an AR-B744 once existed.

    So, the reason why UA repeals the B744 in November 2017 is the same why AR no longer owns one 747? Only very few flag carriers on earth are still able to 100% fill a 747?

    Btw, today, the biggest a/c in the AR fleet is an Airbus A330-200 [AR also repeals the 343?!]. But the 332 is almost 20 meters (65.7 ft) shorter than a 748. Since at least today, you know that I love the old school, Gabriel. Those days, when the air was full of AR-B744, SA-B744, SQ-B744, CX-B744, BR-B744 ... ... ...

    And there are only 3 (three) airlines in Europe who continue the B744 tradition... ! Branson Atlantic, plus only two more...

    Beyond Europe:
    Whoha. CI still owns (and flies?!) six B744 passenger jets, and they haven't yet published a date for their last 747 flight?! Imho that's not a wonder. Imho, the second major 747-800 passenger jet operator worldwide also comes from Asia...
    Last edited by LH-B744; 09-15-2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: B744 operators on planet earth?
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

    Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

  12. #392
    Senior Member TeeVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    LH, can you do us all a favor and start your own "I'm obsessed with the 747" thread and stop posting absolutely irrelevant, off-topic, 747 related gobbledygook in other threads? Please? Pretty please with a 747 on top?

    Danke!

  13. #393
    Member LH-B744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    1 hr away from EDDL
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    LH, can you do us all a favor and start your own "I'm obsessed with the 747" thread and stop posting absolutely irrelevant, off-topic, 747 related gobbledygook in other threads? Please? Pretty please with a 747 on top?

    Danke!
    Aha. American Airlines!

    Good Morning Sir. I understand that an Airline which never was able to contribute to a Star Alliance topic (!!) somehow seems a little bit helpless here.

    So, who is offtopic here. You or me?
    Last edited by LH-B744; 09-15-2017 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Nichts zu danken!
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

    Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

  14. #394
    Member LH-B744's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    1 hr away from EDDL
    Posts
    988

    Default

    AA, or should I say TeeVee, I am not obsessed with 747. If you only knew one thing about my home airport, then you'd perceive... or no, let me simply tell you that. I should not expect that you perceive it by your own...

    My home airport is an airport where the 747 only very seldom takes place, especially if we talk about my nickname!

    So, how comes that I own this nickname? Read all of my 979 forum entries and you'll know it...

    Why are you so upset? Only because I mentioned AA?

    There is one question concerning United Airlines, which must be allowed. Why did Munoz never buy one 747-800?

    Or, if you really really REALLY want, why did Parker never buy one brandnew 747-800 passenger jet?

    Btw, I also have read Gabriels opinion. But is it a fact that even an airline which is protected by Trump and his 'The USA from now on only accepts aircraft which have been manufactured in the USA'-law no longer supports the 747?!

    Who if not an US-American flag carrier like UA, DL or AA should be able to support Boeing at Washington State,
    more than which I and my favorite airline would call it "a normal amount of support for an a/c type which 'we' support since 1970"?!

    You know who Doug Parker is?
    Last edited by LH-B744; 09-15-2017 at 01:24 AM. Reason: What's worth the law "from now on only US-American airlines are able to buy US-American jets."?!
    Health is the most important thing in life.
    Not the matter if you are 18, 38 or 58 years old.

    Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

  15. #395
    Member BoeingBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LH-B744 View Post
    AA, or should I say TeeVee, I am not obsessed with 747. If you only knew one thing about my home airport, then you'd perceive... or no, let me simply tell you that. I should not expect that you perceive it by your own...

    My home airport is an airport where the 747 only very seldom takes place, especially if we talk about my nickname!

    So, how comes that I own this nickname? Read all of my 979 forum entries and you'll know it...

    Why are you so upset? Only because I mentioned AA?

    There is one question concerning United Airlines, which must be allowed. Why did Munoz never buy one 747-800?

    Or, if you really really REALLY want, why did Parker never buy one brandnew 747-800 passenger jet?

    Btw, I also have read Gabriels opinion. But is it a fact that even an airline which is protected by Trump and his 'The USA from now on only accepts aircraft which have been manufactured in the USA'-law no longer supports the 747?!

    Who if not an US-American flag carrier like UA, DL or AA should be able to support Boeing at Washington State,
    more than which I and my favorite airline would call it "a normal amount of support for an a/c type which 'we' support since 1970"?!

    You know who Doug Parker is?
    As long as you are on it, there is and has never been a 747-800!

  16. #396
    Super Moderator brianw999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent. UK.
    Posts
    11,341

    Default

    ...and to stop any argument dead the official coding is Boeing 747-8.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !


  17. #397
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    ...and to stop any argument dead the official coding is Boeing 747-8.
    Just about every other Boeing jetliner is a dash-something-hundred...and as much as I love the aircraft, I just don't give a poop that the marketing department and database Nazi nerds are gonna get torqued of if we blasphemously say -800.

    Yeah, that's what's wrong with safety AND UAL&s customer service...people calling an 8 an 800.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  18. #398
    Senior Member TeeVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LH-B744 View Post
    Aha. American Airlines!

    Good Morning Sir. I understand that an Airline which never was able to contribute to a Star Alliance topic (!!) somehow seems a little bit helpless here.

    So, who is offtopic here. You or me?
    i shouldn't but i can't resist. why would aa "contribute" to star alliance? it is a founding member of one world and carries more than 1/4 the number of passengers per year as the entire star alliance combined and nearly twice as many as LH--all this with nothing bigger than a 777-300.

    i wish we could do polls here, cuz i'd do one to ask how many people think you are obssesed with the 747.

  19. #399
    Member ATLcrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LH-B744 View Post
    AA, or should I say TeeVee, I am not obsessed with 747.
    Noted.

  20. #400
    Member BoeingBobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LH-B744 View Post
    AA, or should I say TeeVee, I am not obsessed with 747.
    Obviously!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •