Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The United debarcle

there will now be a class action ADA lawsuit brought by some jerkoff lawyer as a result of the industry not providing written instructions to deaf folks.

Quote Originally Posted by elaw View Post
    Are you nuts? The cost to do that could run into the ones of dollars per flight!
    Sure, and the extra weight. But now the FA's have to sit down and write notes. Think of the downtime!! Thin of the lost productivity!! They could be up-selling and cross-marketing!!

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

Today's "lav-related customer-service disaster award" goes to... TeeVee's favorite airline! https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9113026.html
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

yeah, flush twice and all hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    yeah, flush twice and all hell breaks loose.
    We are missing the critical detail...nothing to do with profiling, nothing to do with FA burnout, nothing to do with heightened security...

NO.

THE SUPER ECONOMY FARE ONLY ENTITLES YOU TO ONE FLUSH!

Buyer beware...this is on the passenger!
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Default The Ultimate Nightmare

You can flush all you want, but you can never leave.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...rnd/index.html

and the diversion made sense, how exactly? 1 hour left to the planned flight. no one in danger. plane not in danger. wonder if they bothered to ask the woman of she was ok staying in the loo for one hour more or would she rather they divert.

stupid move.

and the diversion made sense, how exactly? 1 hour left to the planned flight. no one in danger. plane not in danger. wonder if they bothered to ask the woman of she was ok staying in the loo for one hour more or would she rather they divert.

stupid move.
    My only concern would be turbulence since the loo lacks a safety belt.
    Other than that, I take the loo over my average seat. Much better legroom!!!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

stupid move.
    Their destination was San Francisco and when they decided to divert to Denver they were 140 NM east of Denver. No idea where you took the "1 hour left to the planned flight", it would have been like 2:30 hours.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

stupid move.
    Really? You'd be cool with that? I'd be taking the walls down after 15 mins.

Anyway, unless there's a dropdown oxygen mask it there, you've gotta go down asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Their destination was San Francisco and when they decided to divert to Denver they were 140 NM east of Denver. No idea where you took the "1 hour left to the planned flight", it would have been like 2:30 hours.
    forgot to account for timezones. denver 1 hour ahead of sfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Really? You'd be cool with that? I'd be taking the walls down after 15 mins.

Anyway, unless there's a dropdown oxygen mask it there, you've gotta go down asap.
    1 hour? yes. and there is o2 in lavs.

You can flush all you want, but you can never leave.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...rnd/index.html
    Clearly this was a conspiracy between the Denver chamber of commerce and the airline.

Eric Law

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    you've gotta go down asap.
    Operations might object (bad for the KPIs), but I think the PR department agrees- TRAPPING the passenger for HOURS when a repair station is ON THE WAY...

We (and other fora) would be admonishing them for being totally profit driven and heartless.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

https://www.facebook.com/Guff/videos...187538?sfns=mo

Just another day of cheap and fast travel. Yes, Amtrak has THEIR bad days too.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post

Here on this platform there do not exist all to many people who'd call United Airlines their favorite airline, as I assume.. The next step would be to publish an avatar which were able to emphasize that... ..... And I've NEVER seen something like a UA-B744 in Battleship Gray as an avatar here in this forum. Or have you, during the last 11 years?

And why is that so?

I have an assumption. You never during the last 11 years said to me which would be your corner on this little planet. You don't have to, or whisper, or leave it as your secret.

But, I don't know, are all former Continental Air passengers now enthusiastic for UA? That does not happen automatically, as I assume..

PS: Another assumption. I know that you are always a little bit older than me, two or three years. So probably you are the one to tell me if since 1970 one passenger has ever died in a LH 747. I'm too young to say that, even with that nickname. LH is member of the 747 club since 1970. Back on topic. I have found an United 747 with dead passengers. But that was more than 30 years ago. I was not on board that flight. But was that..
    The United Debarcle?

I've partly gone through that link, after I watched it multiple times on TV. After all I wonder if 346 souls had survived in a different a/c type other than type 747. But you can call me biased. I prefer what Evan calls human-ness, if that contains a Boeing 747 Flight Captain with 28,000 flight hours who is able to return to Honolulu with his 747-100 with one door less than when he took off, and all that with a smooth as silk normal (!) landing at PHNL.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 10-03-2019 at 02:37 AM. Reason: The 747-100 was not fail-safe. Sutter always mentioned that on TV..
    LH also has a intercontinental history, the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955.
    A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
    The operator on the DUS - NYC route, on the DUS - BKK route, and on the shiny new DUS - LAS nonstop route? EW, one of the dearest LH daughters .

Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years. A whole decade here on this platform.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post

Does Amtrak have their good days?

Of my handful of trips, things were pretty much on time.

As to the video, it seems that too often the airline employees really have very poor support regarding broken planes, available crews and delays...particularly in regard to meaningful information.

For Amtrak, any day without a derailment is a good day.

Eric Law

Today's winner:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-cla...190702522.html

Better yet, it may involve the Uber dangerous maneuver of parking on an active taxiway...