The United debarcle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
    and i'm sure someone here will blame the third party ticket seller and/or the landlord, but for chrissake!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/unit...215717599.html
    I know of relatives and friends who have bought tickets though non-airline sources (third party ticket sellers) then have problems when a flight is cancelled or a ticket change is needed. My wife and always book our flights directly though the airline.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
      yes, i am 110% positive that people abuse this reason just as they abuse the emotional support animal BS.
      Three words: EMOTIONAL SUPPORT PEACOCK.

United Airlines refuses to let a woman in New Jersey board a plane with a peacock, citing its size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Three words: EMOTIONAL SUPPORT PEACOCK with the expectation it would fly free...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42880690
        Added some icing to the cake.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• as i said, abuse.

Comment

• ALL TIME LOW!!!!!!!! /Blue Font

In case the link goes dead, the US Olympic Curling team asked Delta for a first class upgrade.

Their response: Congratulations on your win, we look forward to having you on board; however, no upgrades are available.

Weak-ass Yahoo article attempts to turn it into a social media war and cite Delta for crappy customer service.

I guess I can see some crazy PR value...free upgrade for the curling team (Oh, he ironing)...but then again, we book the planes full and if you don't have seats open, you don't have seats open.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• United kills a dog.

Not really learning from their mistakes... or not really caring...

The Debacle continues:

A flight attendant ordered the owner to put a bag containing the pet into an overhead locker.

Comment

• Not going to United bash on this one.

It's past time to ban dogs on planes. Even service dogs. Aircraft are not designed for dogs...dogs are not designed for air planes.

Carry on anything is a problem, and the new super saver you can't use the overhead deal is taking hold.

And there's widespread inconsistency in FA actions EXCEPT for the pitch to sell you a credit card.

It's all airlines.

Comment

• ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS:

I am not seeing why the overhead bin is so "deadly". I saw the 02 comment, and that 'the procedure' calls for not_putting Fido up top, but bullcrap- those bins are NOT air tight!

I think the "deadly" part is that pissy little inbred hyper nervous dogs don't travel well. Maybe vets need to be issuing the DOGS certificates that they don't need to be flying.

As we've seen before, the baggage hold is not all that good.

Yeah, I love dogs and all, and shoving Fido in a bag or little kennel is real cute...but then the thing has bio needs like any living organism and dog's generally suck at using facilities designed for humans- I think we've only had one NEWSWORTY diversion for Fido crapping in the aisle, but I'm sure there's been other incidents.

Your choices are kennel's, your own car, or rent-a-jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                    Not going to United bash on this one.
                    So it doesn't anger you that United is still not investing in properly training (and/or vetting) their customer-facing stewardbots?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
                      So it doesn't anger you that ALL airlines fall short in getting stewardbots and agentbots to not have gross failures in customer service?
                      1. Fixed.

2. I am angered at gross failures, and generally agree with you when there are gross failures.

3. Fido didn't die from stewardbot procedures & Training. Fido, the deformed, bug-eyed, inbred, registered, mutant, dwarf, constant-shivering-nervous miniature bulldog died being crammed in a kennel and being put on a plane when he/she had health issues to start with.

4. I recently encountered two significant flight delays (delays that occurred AFTER boarding the plane). I really felt there should have been some mention on the PA that the FA's had smart phones with schedule information, and asking folks with liberal connections to stay seated...but there was pretty consistent silence...no indication that they give an excrement that folks are getting screwed over, and that the airline might want to take a few steps to rectify the situation...that kind of angers me.

Sorry for the gal and her puppy dog, but that wasn't UA's training that caused the FA forgot to turn on the overhead-bin oxygen control...

Comment

• According to what I read this morning, the dog was barking for 2 hours! Was there not one sane person on the aircraft that would get the dog out? Okay so the flight attendant was an idiot. What about the rest of the humans on board?

Comment

• Ahhhh. Capt Bobby, me thinks you have been at the pointy end of a plane for too long.

The mere mortals amongst us who only ever sit at the back are now so sh!t scared of ANY authority on an airplane that we daren't do anything we are not supposed to. Remember the Dr. who was 'beaten' and dragged off the plane for NO REASON.
                          You expect 'us' to go against a FAs 'command' when the repercussions for us COULD be, FINES, put on the United no fly list, IMPRISONMENT, Diversion of the aircraft.

VAZ

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                            According to what I read this morning, the dog was barking for 2 hours! Was there not one sane person on the aircraft that would get the dog out? Okay so the flight attendant was an idiot. What about the rest of the humans on board?
                            Vat-Sim may have a point...the weather has been kind of bad recently and it might have been one of those days where the turbulence was real and the FA's were told to sit and the tone of voice wasn't the one that Evan thinks they should be trained on.

Comment

• I am now retired, I have NO pull, NO extra perks. I have NO airline I.D.. But I am telling you right now, If I had been a passenger on that aircraft, the dog would be sitting in my lap and alive. Even if it meant speaking to the authorities when we got on the ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                                According to what I read this morning, the dog was barking for 2 hours! Was there not one sane person on the aircraft that would get the dog out? Okay so the flight attendant was an idiot. What about the rest of the humans on board?
                                You mean, like, the other idiot flight attendants? I think the rest of the humans on board were just trying to avoid a beating. FA's are feared like Roman Centurions these days. Let the sacrificial dog consume their wrath. We might just get out of this contraption without requiring a trip to the ER.

Comment

Working...
                                X