Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The United debarcle

Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post
    Or, is it sometimes kind of tough to be dealing with all of the crazies and TV-lawsuit-lawyers in the world?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7e42590...sing-legs.html
    Numbnuts. At least, lucky he's got nuts left for them to BE numb. What absolutely astounds me is that there's a lawyer prepared to push such a case ! What astounds me even more is that the little wanker will probably win !
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

like every other profession on the planet, you will always find one or more jackasses that will go "beyond."

i have struggled with the dishonesty in my profession for 15 years. year after year, case after case. there is always some jackass propounding some BS, whether as plaintiff or defendant. example: i have a client that made a private loan for the purchase of a condo in january, 2006. 18 months later, the borrower went to wells fargo (yeah, the assholes who signed up thousands without their knowledge for credit cards) and took out a second loan. somehow, the idiot lawyer working for wells fargo missed my client's mortgage which was properly recorded in the public records. years later, the borrower defaults on both mortgages.

we file to foreclose and so does wells. by law, my client's mortgage has priority and wells cannot foreclose on us. yet, they've managed to hire two law firms that for the past 18 months have been vigorously propounding that our mortgage is a fraud and should be stricken. of course they have ZERO evidence of this.

it completely blows my mind that the judge allows this shit to go on, but he and all of his buddies do the same every day.

Default Today's Incident

Pilot and FA get into it...enough that they are replaced by new crewmembers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/912a217...elayed-by.html

Much discussion in the comments area.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Quote Originally Posted by brianw999 View Post
    Numbnuts. At least, lucky he's got nuts left for them to BE numb. What absolutely astounds me is that there's a lawyer prepared to push such a case ! What astounds me even more is that the little wanker will probably win !
    Yes, because there was no sign to warn of the dangers of walking ALONG (he was not just crossing) train tracks with earphones and not paying attention.
    I guess we need to install a sign in every bridge that warns "Do not jump. Gravity may take place and cause serious bodily injury or death".

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Default Today's incident.

I do not_blame the airline or America.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/30/europe...hed/index.html
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.