No announcement yet.

The United debarcle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And still for Gabriel, and everybody who is interested in it..

Which is the evidence for the only very small age difference between us.. I even know that something like...
    ...an AR-B744 once existed.

So, the reason why UA repeals the B744 in November 2017 is the same why AR no longer owns one 747? Only very few flag carriers on earth are still able to 100% fill a 747?

Btw, today, the biggest a/c in the AR fleet is an Airbus A330-200 [AR also repeals the 343?!]. But the 332 is almost 20 meters (65.7 ft) shorter than a 748. Since at least today, you know that I love the old school, Gabriel. Those days, when the air was full of AR-B744, SA-B744, SQ-B744, CX-B744, BR-B744 ... ... ...

And there are only 3 (three) airlines in Europe who continue the B744 tradition... ! Branson Atlantic, plus only two more...

Beyond Europe:
    Whoha. CI still owns (and flies?!) six B744 passenger jets, and they haven't yet published a date for their last 747 flight?! Imho that's not a wonder. Imho, the second major 747-800 passenger jet operator worldwide also comes from Asia...
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-09-15, 00:16. Reason: B744 operators on planet earth?
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• LH, can you do us all a favor and start your own "I'm obsessed with the 747" thread and stop posting absolutely irrelevant, off-topic, 747 related gobbledygook in other threads? Please? Pretty please with a 747 on top?

Danke!

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        LH, can you do us all a favor and start your own "I'm obsessed with the 747" thread and stop posting absolutely irrelevant, off-topic, 747 related gobbledygook in other threads? Please? Pretty please with a 747 on top?

Danke!
        Aha. American Airlines!

Good Morning Sir. I understand that an Airline which never was able to contribute to a Star Alliance topic (!!) somehow seems a little bit helpless here.

So, who is offtopic here. You or me?
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-09-15, 00:49. Reason: Nichts zu danken!

Comment

• AA, or should I say TeeVee, I am not obsessed with 747. If you only knew one thing about my home airport, then you'd perceive... or no, let me simply tell you that. I should not expect that you perceive it by your own...

My home airport is an airport where the 747 only very seldom takes place, especially if we talk about my nickname!

So, how comes that I own this nickname? Read all of my 979 forum entries and you'll know it...

Why are you so upset? Only because I mentioned AA?

There is one question concerning United Airlines, which must be allowed. Why did Munoz never buy one 747-800?

Or, if you really really REALLY want, why did Parker never buy one brandnew 747-800 passenger jet?

Btw, I also have read Gabriels opinion. But is it a fact that even an airline which is protected by Trump and his 'The USA from now on only accepts aircraft which have been manufactured in the USA'-law no longer supports the 747?!

Who if not an US-American flag carrier like UA, DL or AA should be able to support Boeing at Washington State,
          more than which I and my favorite airline would call it "a normal amount of support for an a/c type which 'we' support since 1970"?!

You know who Doug Parker is?
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-09-15, 01:24. Reason: What's worth the law "from now on only US-American airlines are able to buy US-American jets."?!

Comment

• Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
            AA, or should I say TeeVee, I am not obsessed with 747. If you only knew one thing about my home airport, then you'd perceive... or no, let me simply tell you that. I should not expect that you perceive it by your own...

My home airport is an airport where the 747 only very seldom takes place, especially if we talk about my nickname!

So, how comes that I own this nickname? Read all of my 979 forum entries and you'll know it...

Why are you so upset? Only because I mentioned AA?

There is one question concerning United Airlines, which must be allowed. Why did Munoz never buy one 747-800?

Or, if you really really REALLY want, why did Parker never buy one brandnew 747-800 passenger jet?

Btw, I also have read Gabriels opinion. But is it a fact that even an airline which is protected by Trump and his 'The USA from now on only accepts aircraft which have been manufactured in the USA'-law no longer supports the 747?!

Who if not an US-American flag carrier like UA, DL or AA should be able to support Boeing at Washington State,
            more than which I and my favorite airline would call it "a normal amount of support for an a/c type which 'we' support since 1970"?!

You know who Doug Parker is?
            As long as you are on it, there is and has never been a 747-800!

Comment

• ...and to stop any argument dead the official coding is Boeing 747-8.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                ...and to stop any argument dead the official coding is Boeing 747-8.
                Just about every other Boeing jetliner is a dash-something-hundred...and as much as I love the aircraft, I just don't give a poop that the marketing department and database Nazi nerds are gonna get torqued of if we blasphemously say -800.

Yeah, that's what's wrong with safety AND UAL&s customer service...people calling an 8 an 800.
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Aha. American Airlines!

Good Morning Sir. I understand that an Airline which never was able to contribute to a Star Alliance topic (!!) somehow seems a little bit helpless here.

So, who is offtopic here. You or me?
                  i shouldn't but i can't resist. why would aa "contribute" to star alliance? it is a founding member of one world and carries more than 1/4 the number of passengers per year as the entire star alliance combined and nearly twice as many as LH--all this with nothing bigger than a 777-300.

i wish we could do polls here, cuz i'd do one to ask how many people think you are obssesed with the 747.

Comment

AA, or should I say TeeVee, I am not obsessed with 747.
                    Noted.

Comment

AA, or should I say TeeVee, I am not obsessed with 747.
                      Obviously!

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                        Obviously!
                        ...... But a Lufthansa 747. Now, that is a different kettle of fish.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• I'm new here, so please forgive what might perhaps be seen as a dumb question, but what does this thread have to do with either the 747-8 or Lufthanza?

Even if the thread were re-titled "Aviation Customer Relations Culture" as proposed in post #4, I'm still struggling to understand why Lufthanza or the 747-8 are part of the discussion?

Comment

• Originally posted by flashcrash View Post
                            I'm new here, so please forgive what might perhaps be seen as a dumb question, but what does this thread have to do with either the 747-8 or Lufthanza?

Even if the thread were re-titled "Aviation Customer Relations Culture" as proposed in post #4, I'm still struggling to understand why Lufthanza or the 747-8 are part of the discussion?
                            Absolutely nothing.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• FlashCrash,

If you sit a watch for a while you'll start to notice that some threads drift a little off topic over time, then LH-B744 will make comments that sometimes seem to have nothing to do with anything, this seems to stir BoeingBobby and we sit a watch the train wreck ensue.

At least that's what I do

Comment

• Originally posted by vaztr View Post
                                FlashCrash,

If you sit a watch for a while you'll start to notice that some threads drift a little off topic over time, then LH-B744 will make comments that sometimes seem to have nothing to do with anything, this seems to stir BoeingBobby and we sit a watch the train wreck ensue.

At least that's what I do
                                Indeed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MJPC.gif
Views:	1
Size:	522.4 KB
ID:	1017123
                                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                                X