The United debarcle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    Or, is it sometimes kind of tough to be dealing with all of the crazies and TV-lawsuit-lawyers in the world?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7e42590...sing-legs.html
    Numbnuts. At least, lucky he's got nuts left for them to BE numb. What absolutely astounds me is that there's a lawyer prepared to push such a case ! What astounds me even more is that the little wanker will probably win !
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• like every other profession on the planet, you will always find one or more jackasses that will go "beyond."

i have struggled with the dishonesty in my profession for 15 years. year after year, case after case. there is always some jackass propounding some BS, whether as plaintiff or defendant. example: i have a client that made a private loan for the purchase of a condo in january, 2006. 18 months later, the borrower went to wells fargo (yeah, the assholes who signed up thousands without their knowledge for credit cards) and took out a second loan. somehow, the idiot lawyer working for wells fargo missed my client's mortgage which was properly recorded in the public records. years later, the borrower defaults on both mortgages.

we file to foreclose and so does wells. by law, my client's mortgage has priority and wells cannot foreclose on us. yet, they've managed to hire two law firms that for the past 18 months have been vigorously propounding that our mortgage is a fraud and should be stricken. of course they have ZERO evidence of this.

it completely blows my mind that the judge allows this shit to go on, but he and all of his buddies do the same every day.

Comment

• Today's Incident

Pilot and FA get into it...enough that they are replaced by new crewmembers.

Much discussion in the comments area.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          Numbnuts. At least, lucky he's got nuts left for them to BE numb. What absolutely astounds me is that there's a lawyer prepared to push such a case ! What astounds me even more is that the little wanker will probably win !
          Yes, because there was no sign to warn of the dangers of walking ALONG (he was not just crossing) train tracks with earphones and not paying attention.
          I guess we need to install a sign in every bridge that warns "Do not jump. Gravity may take place and cause serious bodily injury or death".

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Today's incident.

I do not_blame the airline or America.

A member of the ground staff at Nice airport in France punched an EasyJet passenger in the face while he was holding a baby.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Prediction:

Look for new processes...

Passengers randomly selected to be bumped and forced to forfeit their fare, forcefully removed from the flight, and robbed of their wallet in the process...

Profitability restored and 'the livery' still available for tightly cropped photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                like every other profession on the planet, you will always find one or more jackasses that will go "beyond."

i have struggled with the dishonesty in my profession for 15 years. year after year, case after case. there is always some jackass propounding some BS, whether as plaintiff or defendant. example: i have a client that made a private loan for the purchase of a condo in january, 2006. 18 months later, the borrower went to wells fargo (yeah, the assholes who signed up thousands without their knowledge for credit cards) and took out a second loan. somehow, the idiot lawyer working for wells fargo missed my client's mortgage which was properly recorded in the public records. years later, the borrower defaults on both mortgages.

we file to foreclose and so does wells. by law, my client's mortgage has priority and wells cannot foreclose on us. yet, they've managed to hire two law firms that for the past 18 months have been vigorously propounding that our mortgage is a fraud and should be stricken. of course they have ZERO evidence of this.

it completely blows my mind that the judge allows this shit to go on, but he and all of his buddies do the same every day.
                ATL...what are your suggestions for improvement?

Comment

Look for new processes...

Passengers randomly selected to be bumped and forced to forfeit their fare, forcefully removed from the flight, and robbed of their wallet in the process...

Profitability restored and 'the livery' still available for tightly cropped photos.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/c2fefcd...united%3A.html
                  Linky takes to...
                  Harvey's cost to United: $265 million

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                    Linky takes to...
                    Is it too much of a challenge to extrapolate a bit, and add in some sarcastic humour?

Hurricane at someone's Houston hub = $265,000,000 in lost revenue...

...gonna have to squeeze MORE pennies (see footnote), tweak the overbook formula to get even better load factors, reduce frequent flier benefits, reduce aircraft and crew numbers to maximize utilization, and spend less time screening customer service agents who will have to deal with MORE screwed over passengers...

footnote:...as if pennies haven't already been squeezed more than enough.

Extrapolation complete...anyone else need help with the sarcasm?

Comment

• i think what you really meant to say is: couldn't have happened to a nicer airline!

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                        i think what you really meant to say is: couldn't have happened to a nicer airline!
                        It would seem you are being sarcastic...and...

Yes.

Comment

Is it too much of a challenge to extrapolate a bit, and add in some sarcastic humour?
                          When you have been working non-stop for 48 hours and no sleep, yes.

Comment

• Today's headline

Airlines offer typical, expensive last-minute fares to __________________

The "to" and the Context is critical

-Truly typical fares to everyone everywhere?
                            -OR slightly hiked fares to folks in the path of a hurricane?

And, in a nice touch, a certain, favorite livery is in the associated photo

(Unfortunately, the photo is not suitable for entry into the database....OR was it borrowed from the database without acknowledgement?)

What do we think:

-Gouging?
                            -Fake news?
                            -Standard practice, but maybe they should cut some slack, after all there is PR value here?

Comment

Airlines offer typical, expensive last-minute fares to __________________

The "to" and the Context is critical

-Truly typical fares to everyone everywhere?
                              -OR slightly hiked fares to folks in the path of a hurricane?

And, in a nice touch, a certain, favorite livery is in the associated photo

(Unfortunately, the photo is not suitable for entry into the database....OR was it borrowed from the database without acknowledgement?)

[...]
                              Hm. Some people say if you've once released a photo into the evil open public, then it is no longer your property. But I am not one of these people.

Btw, if that were a "jetphoto" which has been accepted for the database, wouldn't you and me immediately know if the thing which you mention has been stolen or not?

I don't know yet so much of your jetphotos history. Are you a registered jetphotos photographer? I am not (yet), if that were your next question. But I frequently use the database especially with my home airport. To perceive if I only dreamed of MD-80 here at DUS, or if they were real..

Some people also say that my nickname and my home airport do not fit together. But it is not completely unappropriate. Don't tell me something about my home airport:
                              Victor November was one of our rather rare guests before she left the fleet.

Sometimes it seems as if I also tried to feed the database with DUS photos, that would be too much. Especially since I know at least 2 jetphotos forum members who fulfil that task much longer than I am here, he and his wife (... I am just unsure if she's really a part of this forum. But he is.).

... I think they know that they just have been mentioned. Greetings!

PS: I tried the weblink that you mentioned just 1 minute ago. And it seems as if yahoo has deleted something. So... It seems as if your suspicion is not totally wrong.

An internet platform is only so strong/so good in shape/so good in behaviour as its members. That must be also true for yahoo.
                              Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-09-07, 00:11. Reason: yahoo imho is not bad.
                              The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                              The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                              And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                              This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

• The only thing where I am sure is that United never used this airport. But, as we all know, only the database knows the real truth.

Maybe, as a guest?

PS: I still can't believe that in eight weeks United will have deleted this longhaul fleet on Planet Earth:
                                UA-B744. Munoz has decided they'll all die at November 1st

And I don't yet understand it. What do they fly instead, crystal clear, the B773ER. Which was even my recommendation. But only before the B748i was invented, in 2011. Back then, Munoz has not been chief of the fleet. But why didn't he stop the bad evolution.

One anecdote (and now I open my personal aviation logbook for you, which goes back to the year 2011):
                                UA 895, from O'Hare to Chek Lap Kok, with 12542 Kilometer (6772 sm) was one of the longest WorldNonstops, with B744 in 15 Std 20 min. Since a few years, they do no longer use the B744 for this route. The result is:

In January 2017, UA 895 is flown in UA B777s, and that's almost 1 hour slower than the original 2011 solution (!).

Are 777s really so much slower than 747s? I mean, there must be a reason why President Obama did not ask for a 777 as his company car. Quite the contrary. I think he was sad when he had to leave his 747.
                                And I can fully understand him. 777 never was a full replacement for the Queen of the Skies. And I am happy that LH shares that opinion with me...

747 is a legend, since more than 40 years. And you don't replace a legend who's in the company since more than 40 years.
                                Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-09-07, 01:19. Reason: UA-B744, I'll miss them!
                                The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
                                X