Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The United debarcle

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    The offending officer was fired. A sargeant who subsequently falsified the report was also fired. Now we're getting somewhere.
    Not really, Evan. Two scapegoats got picked and disposed of. "We" are not getting anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    oh please! what is fake is "respect" for a song, a song that has now been equated with somehow representing the military. freedom of speech has long ago been determined to allow even flag burning. so really, who gives a f$%^ about the stupid anthem?
    Trouble is, you have a lot of sporting events that start off with some military veteran coming and standing on the field and waving to the crowd...rah rah rah.

All of this gets into a nasty gray area- does the sports team truly CARE about those folks...

OR

...or is this just a rah-rah-feel-good make your fans happy while you charge big bucks for tickets and hot dogs and beer to pay a lot of millionaires. (I think the answer is probably SOME of both).

Then you turn around and make a somewhat disparaging action for the National Anthem...

And, none of this has to do with law OR right or wrong, it's all about the PR, and exactly what you want to say to your paying customers. The almighty dollar trumps all, and if the spectators want to cry foul and take their $ elsewhere, that is also their right.

Now, to hell with sports, on this airplane deal, I read that the passengers might have been asked to 'sit in silence' during the offloading- Ok, I'm thinking that is an appropriate respectful thing to do, and would tend to suggest this might have been more of a 'look at me' effort from the singing passenger, instead of actually honoring the soldier...

Like I said, this incident- while likely true- tends strongly towards fake news.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLcrew View Post
    Not really, Evan. Two scapegoats got picked and disposed of. "We" are not getting anywhere.
    Really?

The cop who escalated the thing, dragged the guy out of his seat, inflicting his injuries, and then dragged him off the plane is a scapegoat?

The sergeant who then intentionally falsified the report is a scapegoat?

I can't find the logic in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Really?

The cop who escalated the thing, dragged the guy out of his seat, inflicting his injuries, and then dragged him off the plane is a scapegoat?

The sergeant who then intentionally falsified the report is a scapegoat?

I can't find the logic in that.
    Correct.

You are thinking with black and white logic. (You are correct that, Indeed, there are two problems removed)

ATL is thinking with the slightest shred of gray in his logic. (Two problems out of 23,373,542,342 problems...does not really move the line)

Hell, arguably, ATL's logic is black and white...you have to go out a hell of a lot of decimal points to detect your finite change.

Either way- ATL is correct too...and I'll even go so far as to say MORE correct.

Back in 1984...the pressure to fertilize 5 lawns per hour meant that I was not like the dude depicted on TV...kneeling down, caressing the grass, having a pleasant 20 minute conversation with the customer...hell no, open the spreader wide, run, throw it in the truck and peel out...and hope the customer doesn't see you because they feel cheated that they only got 5 minutes of 'expert service' (they did get the appropriate dose of fertilizer, though).

AND

Per some earlier conversations: NO.... I am not sitting here playing with my black and white Evan voodoo doll...as usual, you mostly bring this on yourself.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.