where do the dogs go?
    Wherever they d*mn well please!
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

• Originally posted by elaw View Post
      Wherever they d*mn well please!
      Slapshot...he scores!
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• United Dogged by Mediocre Dog Handling

It's a dog gone shame:

A United Airlines plane headed to St. Louis was diverted to Ohio after a pet had been loaded onto the flight in error.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
          Evan, I think you should have pawsed for thought before making that comment !!!
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            Evan, I think you should have pawsed for thought before making that comment !!!
            If I were a dog, I would think twice about em barking on United. Fur what it's worth.

Comment

If I were a dog, I would think twice about em barking on United. Fur what it's worth.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Sorry to disrupt your mutual dogging- Has anyone noted that United is just throwing more PROCEDURES at the problem without addressing the FUNDAMENTALS of basic customer service relative to their business practices?
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                  Sorry to disrupt your mutual dogging- Has anyone noted that United is just throwing more PROCEDURES at the problem without addressing the FUNDAMENTALS of basic customer service relative to their business practices?
                  Actually no. What I see is United not throwing procedures well enough. Their 'procedure' was that live animals do not get stuffed into the overhead bins. Another 'procedure' is that items that do not fit under the seat go in the overhead bin. The FA knew the latter but obviously not the former.
                  So the FA followed the wrong procedure.

The FUNDAMENTALS of customer service in a virtual monopoly become increasingly oriented at customer control, herding the customer along and protecting the company and its revenue stream from the customer. The humanity involved is what troubles them. It often goes against efficiency and diminishes profits by .00000001%. They don't want them to advocate the customer. They wan't them to protect the kingdom from the rabble. The customer-facing personnel are their castle walls. So they give them rigid procedures and take away their ability to be fair, to be respectful, to be humane, to think on their own. You are right that the fundamentals of customer service have been lost, but that isn't due to neglect...

Comment

Their 'procedure' was that live animals do not get stuffed into the overhead bins. Another 'procedure' is that items that do not fit under the seat go in the overhead bin. The FA knew the latter but obviously not the former.

So the FA followed the wrong procedure.
                    ...and UA is giving them more training, just as Evan always calls for.

Too cowboy for the FA to go "gee manitly, it's kind of ugly to stick Fido up top".

Sooo much better- if the footpath is blocked then it goes up top, but except when it's a dog or except when it's a cat, or except when it's critical medicine or except when...(so much more complex to remember than a little cowboy improvisation).

They think very much like you do.

Comment

• bashing UA, as much as they deserve it, doesn't address the larger picture--no big company gives a rat's ass about its customers no matter how much lip service they pay to customer service and caring.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                        bashing UA, as much as they deserve it, doesn't address the larger picture--no big company gives a rat's ass about its customers no matter how much lip service they pay to customer service and caring.
                        Saw a piece yesterday- the CEO of UA said, "We got it wrong last week" (I think it might have been an internally inspired piece)

The beauty and irony of stat statement really captures things a bit too well.

You THINK you got it wrong last week? No, You (and most other "big company" as Television says) got it wrong a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time ago.

The problem is you THINK that someone botched a procedure LAST WEEK.

No your PRETTY MUCH YOUR WHOLE LEADERSHIP gets it wrong EVERY DAY, EVERY WEEK.

(And again- NOT singling out UA...hell, let's talk Internet service providers...cell phone companies...insurance companies...)

/rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                          Saw a piece yesterday- the CEO of UA said, "We got it wrong last week"
                          Com'on, that's lip service. They have to make these humble statements to keep us all under the illusion that they care about us.

The fact is, they got it right by their definition of right, and have done so for a looooooong time. Costs cut. Profit near record levels.

If you adore wealth, don't give a damn about the society you live in (because you live above it) and hav a generally cynical view of the common rabble you harvest money from, then everything's sound as a pound baby!

But maybe there's a Hell after all...

Comment

• Lumping vs. Splitting

While I tend towards lumping (like relentless pull ups are almost never a good idea)- I'm in a splitting mood today.

Lumping: All airlines (and industries) for that matter have something of a crew-the-customer issue.

Splitting:

-Maybe UA is a bit heartless as it shuffles nasty people through Chicago, Houston and New Yark.

-Maybe Delta lacks cowboy improvisation with regards to light turbulence and cookies (and weather/schedule cascade meltdowns)

-To the point of THIS post- does TeeVee's airline have a little extra edginess in the FA department (he's hinted at it before).

Footnote: If the link goes bad, some aviation enthusiast HAD to take a picture of a dumb old mundane 787 and the FA kind of yelled at them and forced them to delete the photo.

Comment

• Welcome to Republican America, where what corporations want, corporations get.
                              Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

• Originally posted by elaw View Post
                                Welcome to Republican America, where what corporations want, corporations get.
                                Originally posted by The Article
                                There’s no federal law that prohibits in-flight photography. Instead, crew members invoke a regulation, 49 U.S.C. 46504, that forbids passengers from interfering “with the performance of the duties of the member or attendant or lessening the ability of the crew member to perform those duties.”

Let us hope that the Friends of TeeVee keep what I THINK is common sense, right and wrong AND the letter of the law in the SUPER DUPER CLEAR middle ground.

(PS- not_a new Republican regulation- though interesting that a sub-paragraph appeared on a different bill...)

Comment

Working...
                                X