Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by elaw View Post
    ATLCrew,

I understand and agree with your point but...
    1. This is an aviation forum, so the fact that other entities do worse things than airlines isn't terribly relevant.

2. No number of wrongs makes a right.
    Perhaps. I just find it odd that someone would start his GSJC (Great Social Justice Crusade) with the airlines.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
      Perhaps. I just find it odd that someone would start his GSJC (Great Social Justice Crusade) with the airlines.
      So your point is what? The world is full of injustice so we should just accept it and move along?

You don't fight injustice from the top down; you fight it where it hits you, from the bottom up.

When you tolerate a small injustice, you build much larger injustice from the bottom up.

Whether that injustice is coming from the airlines or the banks or the Justice Department or the kid next door is irrelevant.

Comment

• Shall we discuss the dude who did nothing wrong to develop a great drug, plunked a wad of cash down and raised the price several hundred x with no relation to the development cost and no special reinvestment to make more good drugs or cancer cures?

And ATL really nailed it- the license bureau is one hell of a crime against humanity. And the big box stores destroying how many other businesses...
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
          And after five, you're just going in circles, which is I think more appropriate to this thread.
          Because of folks inabilities to acknowledge valid counter points.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

So your point is what? The world is full of injustice so we should just accept it and move along?

You don't fight injustice from the top down; you fight it where it hits you, from the bottom up.

When you tolerate a small injustice, you build much larger injustice from the bottom up.

Whether that injustice is coming from the airlines or the banks or the Justice Department or the kid next door is irrelevant.
            My point is that starting one's quest for social justice with the airlines is not dissimilar to diligently applying a bandage on a paper cut when you have a dissected aorta.

Comment

Oh, I don't know, probably seven. Maybe even eight. Have you tried dealing with the healthcare industry? Insurance? Employment disputes? Or even municipal government? They all make DL and UA combined look like a tiny, fluffy kitten, believe you me.
              agreed 300%

Comment

My point is that starting one's quest for social justice with the airlines is not dissimilar to diligently applying a bandage on a paper cut when you have a dissected aorta.
                yes. place the bandage on the aorta and worry about the paper cut later.

Comment

• evan, there's one thing for sure you've missed. after deregulation, congress preempted the enforcement of state law as it pertains to airlines. google american airlines vs. wolens and enjoy the read.

you may not like it (i don't either frankly) but we are all prohibited from suing the airlines for just about everything except an EXTREMELY narrow exception, which i as an attorney have a hard time discerning.

i can tell you that i sued aa 3 times and the cases were not dismissed. however, just about every single case against them gets dismissed as a result of federal preemption.

instead of wasting your fingertips typing here, start typing letters to the asshats you elected and get them to change things. that's how democracy works

Comment

What is this "starting one's quest' nonsense? We're on an aviation forum talking about a specific violation of social justice. My 'quest' for social justice neither begins nor ends here.

Is is too much to ask that you keep the commentary out of the personal critique realm? You tend to keep going there.

Comment

What is this "starting one's quest' nonsense? We're on an aviation forum talking about a specific violation of social justice. My 'quest' for social justice neither begins nor ends here.

Is is too much to ask that you keep the commentary out of the personal critique realm? You tend to keep going there.
                      When one is consistently unable to discern their fairly strong inability to comprehend the relative and gray nature of reality, in spite of a lot of genuine effort by several folks, one might inspire some personalized comments.

Kind of fundamental.

Comment

• Today's Incident

Air Canada “trapped” a 15-year-old overnight in a Toronto airport, a harrowing experience he claims was “like being held prisoner.” Derrin Espinola was flying alone on May 1…

Man, I go back and forth between feeling like Evan and ATL Crew.

Here's the deal, a very short time ago, airlines would be all goo goo over kids...and the ole adage, "that the customer is always right" (Which they are not, but which is sort of an underlying, fundamental rule of thumb, and mind set).

Ohh...we have a young kid...we should really take care of him...here gave some pilot wings, and go see the cockpit and get questioned about Turkish baths.

Still like all of these issues- there's often two sides...(and now a third side that the media is going to run an 'airlines suck' every time someone is messed over because of a cancellation).

What was the airline SUPPOSED to do with him...not sure that buying him a hotel room and leaving them is a great idea...I'd think that would make them very vulnerable to a lawsuit if he went to get a burger and get run over...He might have been better off being 'imprisoned' in the airport. Should an AC employee taken one for the team (and the customer) and baby sat him there at the airport?

I guess they could have gotten him a ticket on another airline (again, not too many years ago, that happened with some regularity).

Somehow, kind of sucking is kind of the norm these days...and then slap the normal curve on top of that and the cases of really sucking become that much more sucky.

By the way- how about those cases of name-brand car repair stores that 1) aggressively up charge you, 2) Fix things that aren't broken, 3) Blatantly lie about fluid color or 4) in the worst cases DO NOT ACTUALLY DO THE SERVICE THEY TELL YOU YOU NEED...they just click the drop down, lie to you and run your credit card...maybe more-so if you are female...soooooo wrong to discriminate!

Comment

• Good news! It seems there's finally a solution for all these issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QTq-HEEnn4
                          Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                            When one is consistently unable to discern their fairly strong inability to comprehend the relative and gray nature of reality, in spite of a lot of genuine effort by several folks, one might inspire some personalized comments.
                            Interesting analysis, since essentiallly what I'm saying here is we need a whole lot more grey area and less black and white thinking outside of the cockpit.

What was the airline SUPPOSED to do with him...
                            Leave him alone. Do a better job with passenger awareness of the rules. Makes the rules intuitive and sensible to passengers. Don't let kids under two on the plane without a seat assignment. Bump the standby passenger (sorry, but that's why we call it standby...)

You also have to know how to use your head within the grey area.

Comment

What is this "starting one's quest' nonsense? We're on an aviation forum talking about a specific violation of social justice.
                              The only violation of justice I see in this case is a guy scamming an airline and succeeding. He deliberately broke the rules and ended up getting paid for it. The airline even (basically) kissed his ass, too, and you're still complaining?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                                http://nypost.com/2017/05/10/air-can...ht-at-airport/

Man, I go back and forth between feeling like Evan and ATL Crew.

Here's the deal, a very short time ago, airlines would be all goo goo over kids...and the ole adage, "that the customer is always right" (Which they are not, but which is sort of an underlying, fundamental rule of thumb, and mind set).

Ohh...we have a young kid...we should really take care of him...here gave some pilot wings, and go see the cockpit and get questioned about Turkish baths.

Still like all of these issues- there's often two sides...(and now a third side that the media is going to run an 'airlines suck' every time someone is messed over because of a cancellation).

What was the airline SUPPOSED to do with him...not sure that buying him a hotel room and leaving them is a great idea...I'd think that would make them very vulnerable to a lawsuit if he went to get a burger and get run over...He might have been better off being 'imprisoned' in the airport. Should an AC employee taken one for the team (and the customer) and baby sat him there at the airport?

I guess they could have gotten him a ticket on another airline (again, not too many years ago, that happened with some regularity).

Somehow, kind of sucking is kind of the norm these days...and then slap the normal curve on top of that and the cases of really sucking become that much more sucky.

By the way- how about those cases of name-brand car repair stores that 1) aggressively up charge you, 2) Fix things that aren't broken, 3) Blatantly lie about fluid color or 4) in the worst cases DO NOT ACTUALLY DO THE SERVICE THEY TELL YOU YOU NEED...they just click the drop down, lie to you and run your credit card...maybe more-so if you are female...soooooo wrong to discriminate!
                                I like the part where this 15-year-old "stayed awake all night for fear of being robbed". At YYZ. Inside of security.

Had I been trapped by myself in an airport at age 15, I woulda thought it was the awesomest thing ever, bar none!

Comment

Working...
                                X