Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: The United debarcle

as 3we has said, maybe not so eloquently, every day, tens of thousands of pieces of fruit are flown in to the US as part of catered meals. i would love to file a FOIA to BCIS and ask them what particular regulations are in place regarding the fruit that is brought in onboard. in fact, i'm going to do just that. i will post my FOIA and any response i receive from the geniuses.

don't get me wrong here, i'm not defending this woman or the practice. but i goddamguaranteeya there is a double standard here. also, what proof is there that the friggin apple wasn't sent from the US to begin with on the outbound flight? sure, it's unlikely that a transatlantic flight was double catered, but who knows???

This should keep you busy for a couple of hours. https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/our...ulated_garbage

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    This should keep you busy for a couple of hours. https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/our...ulated_garbage
    I asked about PERSONNEL and actual practice, not government DOCUMENTS. Show me that rampie international garbage haulers can consistently RECITE this document and THEN I'll be impressed.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post
    I asked about PERSONNEL and actual practice, not government DOCUMENTS. Show me that rampie international garbage haulers can consistently RECITE this document and THEN I'll be impressed.
    I can only speak from my personal experience. Florida is especially tough when it comes to agriculture enforcement. When an Atlas aircraft arrives in MIA from an international flight, as soon as the crew deplanes cleaners are on board. All international garbage is placed in a red garbage bag. There are special dumpsters at the UDSA site and these are then sent to the incinerator for disposal. I will also tell you last my last 5 years at Atlas I was based in Anchorage, Alaska. They do the same thing there, and I am pretty sure Alaska is not a really big agriculture state! Lot's of fish and animals, but vegetables not so much! There have been more than one Atlas pilot fined for being stupid and bringing fruit off the aircraft to take to the hotel. (Most pilot's are cheap you know).

Quote Originally Posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    I can only speak from my personal experience. Florida is especially tough when it comes to agriculture enforcement. When an Atlas aircraft arrives in MIA from an international flight, as soon as the crew deplanes cleaners are on board. All international garbage is placed in a red garbage bag. There are special dumpsters at the UDSA site and these are then sent to the incinerator for disposal. I will also tell you last my last 5 years at Atlas I was based in Anchorage, Alaska. They do the same thing there, and I am pretty sure Alaska is not a really big agriculture state! Lot's of fish and animals, but vegetables not so much! There have been more than one Atlas pilot fined for being stupid and bringing fruit off the aircraft to take to the hotel. (Most pilot's are cheap you know).
    Thank you for the information.

Including the stories of YOU GUYS partaking of the forbidden fruit!
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider, Passenger Forumites
    Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot Forumites
    Blame the internet, Blame Walmart, Blame lawyers, Blame Society, Blame yourselves.
    Apologies, if my grand summary above misses a few details.

The point I want to make, is it would be curious to get some FA's or Gate Agents to chime in on all of these discussions. They are notably absent.

And for what it's worth- Pilots get to shut and lock the door, and focus on operating machinery safey, while the actual customer-facing people do the dirty work (and the job of treating us so crappy)-they are on the dangerous, nasty side of the cockpit door....Something of a disconnect.

A link regarding 737 Max (AND the reconfiguring of 737-800s too) and two comments:

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...hoo&yptr=yahoo

1. It's called "Project Oasis". Tell me that corporate America is not in some sort of crazy delusional lying brain-washing mode of insanity..."Project Oasis"....

2. ATL Crew...A bit of a razz on the lav issue...kind of funny that they have a captain saying he could not turn around while inside...of course, technically, that doesn't have anything to do with the size of the sinks.

Makes you long for those roomy TU-154 cabins the North Koreans enjoy. (sigh) Anyway, back to that high standard of living in the breadbasket of unregulated capitalism...

since most of AA's revenue comes from its loyal biz customers like me, i wonder how long it will take for us to start looking at non-feedlot minded carriers. effin despicable. these asswipes turned profits of over $1,000,000,000.00 and that's not good enuf. personally, i hope they buy expensive fast cars with their new profits and get horribly mangled but not dead crashing them.

we are not customers any longer. we are simply wallets.

...and nice quotes from some FAs...."We are embarrassed by our planes".

I guess it's a pretty significant oasis from the way-below-zero, crazy thin air outside where you'd probably be dead.

TeeVee...where ELSE are you going to look?

1. It's called "Project Oasis". Tell me that corporate America is not in some sort of crazy delusional lying brain-washing mode of insanity..."Project Oasis"....
    Probably a typo... it should actually be called "Project mo'asses".
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Quote Originally Posted by elaw View Post
    Probably a typo... it should actually be called "Project mo'asses".
    Brill-Yunt!

Seriously though, I think it should be a requirement in the FARS that passenger cabins provide enough room for security personnel to beat up passengers who refuse to give up the seat they paid for. I worry that the 737MASHED doesn't provide this.

...and nice quotes from some FAs...."We are embarrassed by our planes".

I guess it's a pretty significant oasis from the way-below-zero, crazy thin air outside where you'd probably be dead.

TeeVee...where ELSE are you going to look?
    depends on the route. these days i fly a lot of routes i could go full cattle/greyhound-style on SWA and Jet Blows for my transcon stuff. i hear their mint service is well, pretty mint and still cheaper than AA in a regular domestic "1st class" seat, which suck for more than 4 hours. my international stuff i can and have (dont tell anyone!) flown Avianca/Taca to MGA. a truly horrible product but at least their club at MIA is ok and the shitters on their ancient airbi have good sinks AND you can actually turn around inside!!!!

for my twice yearly to the UK i can stick with AA or fly BA.

not that AA gives a shit, but this is coming from a loyal 1/4 of a century customer that has flown close to 2,000,000 miles with AA.

(and before atlcrew chimes in with some of his brilliance, yeah we know--to you it's nothing and we are all just a bunch of spoiled, demanding bitches.)

Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    (and before atlcrew chimes in with some of his brilliance, yeah we know--to you it's nothing and we are all just a bunch of spoiled, demanding bitches.)
    My hope, counselor, is that you read legal documents somewhat more carefully than you do my posts, if that's all you got out of my "brilliance"...

Quote Originally Posted by ATLcrew View Post
    My hope, counselor, is that you read legal documents somewhat more carefully than you do my posts, if that's all you got out of my "brilliance"...
    i wasn't alone my friend.

i wasn't alone my friend.
    Not alone in not actually reading what I said? I believe it.

In other words, it's all about feelings, not about any kind of reality.
    Not alone in not actually reading what I said? I believe it.
    this is your displayed attitude toward folks making legitimate statements about physical changes being made to benefit airlines (actually, wall street) while causing real, physical discomfort to their pax. in your simplistic and biased view, because a passenger "feels" (and actually is) squashed into a ridiculously tiny and ever shrinking space, it is all about "feelings." maybe you need some language lessons. or maybe you're just being obtuse.

either way, you're clearly in the super-minority in your opinion. shit, even aa's pilots and cabin are bitching about the cramped space in aa's new configuration. i guess they're all just a bunch of whiny bitches too....

either way, you're clearly in the super-minority in your opinion...
    Entirely possible. I've never had much time for majorities...