Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    Wrong...

As usual...kind of like being clueless that anti-lock/anti-skid braking is something you almost always want.
    How long have cars had ABS? Airplanes not that much longer. Amazing how we survived all those years without it. I flew and still do fly airplanes that do not have any kind of anti-lock brakes or ant-skid systems. 48 years and 24000 plus hours with no incidents or accidents. Amazing how that could be. And if you are that old, why don't you act like it?

Comment

Upon further research, I learned that the airline had done away with the First Class, Platinum, Silver, Diamond categories and now simply calls them group 1,2,3 and 4.
      Footnote: I thought SuperTeeVee Class and Spent Uranium Class and WTF class were clever, silly names for boarding groups...
      Wake up 3WE, there are only two classes these days: 1 and 2.

1: Elite, non-punchable, pet-friendly, we're here to listen, rant all you want.

2: Non-elite, punchable, pet dies in the overhead, sit down and shut up, or do you want a fresh one?

Wonderful time to be alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
        How old are you anyway?
        Somewhere between you and me.

The communication barrier between 2 guys from Miami FL and St Louis MO is amazing. Text lacks body language, intonation, volume, pauses, etc...

I am sure you 2 would get along so well face to face and with a beer.

Oh, have I said that already?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
          Wake up 3WE, there are only two classes these days: 1 and 2.

1: Elite, non-punchable, pet-friendly, we're here to listen, rant all you want.

2: Non-elite, punchable, pet dies in the overhead, sit down and shut up, or do you want a fresh one?

Wonderful time to be alive.
          Rather binary, but I recognize it’s somewhat valid.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            Somewhere between you and me.

The communication barrier between 2 guys from Miami FL and St Louis MO is amazing. Text lacks body language, intonation, volume, pauses, etc...

I am sure you 2 would get along so well face to face and with a beer.

Oh, have I said that already?
            let's set it up. i'll buy the beers!

Comment

• can't speak for other airlines but aa did indeed do away with boarding by ff status. now, it goes like this: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ng-process.jsp

fyi, i am not concierge key. one has to spend a lot more than i do to get that and it's only offered to a relatively small group of flyers. i'm a lowly executive platinum

Comment

• Some airlines have raised bag fees to $30.00

Let the bitching begin...
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• I will be cal it is an Incident

SERVICE APARTMENTS IN COIMBATORE

Comment

Some airlines have raised bag fees to $30.00

Let the bitching begin...
                    Delta. Just paid it, after considering my options, of which there are none.

Comment

Delta. Just paid it, after considering my options, of which there are none.
                      Interesting. I believe this is only the second time ever you've actually mentioned taking a particular flight. Or at least paying for one (I would have thought after a Mad Dog very nearly went swimming at LGA, DL would have been firmly on your no-fly list, lack of options be damned).

Comment

Delta is one of them. Just paid it, after considering my options, of which there are none.
                        Fixed.

Comment

• It started with a trickle: In late August, JetBlue announced it would up its first checked bag fee by $5, to $30. Then came the cascade: Within a month, United, Delta, and American Airlines all followed suit. No doubt some passengers have responded with an increase of their own, in the amount they’re stuffing into…

This article asks why they charge for checked baggage but not_carry ons.

As much as I LUV free suitcases and acknowledge that it's a HELL of a profit center and miss the good ole days...

Do we need to give ANY acknowledgement to a hoarde of bag chuckers and belts and carts and tractors and distribution systems carousels and drivable airplane loading belts and barcode readers, and peel and stick tags?

Cost's them a few bucks to offer all that, maybe they SHOULD profit off of it?

It's more the change fee/refundable ticket that's the royal screw over.

Comment

• it's a cluster-eff. you get bent over at every step. probably the only industry on the planet that charges you to make changes yourself, and an insane fee at that.

there will come a day in the not too distant future when they will charge for everything including water and asswipes/snot rags.

on another note, this past friday i was literally blown out of my seat by the depths to which AA has stooped. Flight 602 from ORD to PHX, at some point during cruise, the PILOT gets on the PA and starts making this 3 minute long pitch about the AA Barclays credit card offer!! WTF?!?!?! Flight crew doing marketing shit IN FLIGHT?

it's bad enough we have to endure the cabin crew making this annoying and ridiculously log speech about the stupid card on every bloody flight. now they have the flight crew involved. oh, and i discovered another dirty trick they are pulling: if you are connected the their new wifi service--aainflight-- during PA announcements, your wifi freezes and the words "PA ANNOUNCEMENT" appear on your device. so they assrape you on super shitty wifi, then block your use of it while they make their desperate marketing announcements.

shame on you AA. dirtbag behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                              it's a cluster-eff. you get bent over at every step. probably the only industry on the planet that charges you to make changes yourself, and an insane fee at that.

there will come a day in the not too distant future when they will charge for everything including water and asswipes/snot rags.

on another note, this past friday i was literally blown out of my seat by the depths to which AA has stooped. Flight 602 from ORD to PHX, at some point during cruise, the PILOT gets on the PA and starts making this 3 minute long pitch about the AA Barclays credit card offer!! WTF?!?!?! Flight crew doing marketing shit IN FLIGHT?

it's bad enough we have to endure the cabin crew making this annoying and ridiculously log speech about the stupid card on every bloody flight. now they have the flight crew involved. oh, and i discovered another dirty trick they are pulling: if you are connected the their new wifi service--aainflight-- during PA announcements, your wifi freezes and the words "PA ANNOUNCEMENT" appear on your device. so they assrape you on super shitty wifi, then block your use of it while they make their desperate marketing announcements.

shame on you AA. dirtbag behavior.
                              Sue them!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                                shame on you most US airlines. dirtbag behavior.
                                Fixed.

And in other news, the bastards at the cable company have an outage today- not like I don't pay them good money and petty much never get the desired speed.

...not like there isn't a contract and cancellation payment and just as crappy stuff from the phone company for DSL...or satellite...

Comment

Working...
                                X