Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blame Brianie

Ha!

The Britt's pull a customer service hiccup...and appear to be operating lemony airoplanies that struggle to takeoff AND complete flights.

A British Airways flight was scheduled to head to London’s Gatwick Airport from Orlando, Fla., on Thursday when it instead was grounded in Florida for 24 hours because of technical issues. It only got worse from there.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• HEARTLESS GREEDY ARILINE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS!!!!

Originally posted by The Modern Twittersphere
      Delta hates kittens and puppies

Oh wait...I actually agree.

Now, how about showing some balls and do a few other things based on right and wrong and common sense, instead of PR optics...Maybe even charge more and allow ticket changes. (Not directed to the particular airline listed here)
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• PROGRESS!

We are tired of being your emotional support playthings.

Now ban all animals from the cabin please.

Just give us awesome drugs and a private place away from humans.

We just want to sleep through this horror and wake up to some terra firma.

Or better yet, leave us at home. We prefer home.

Sincerely,

The Animal Kingdom

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
          ...a private place away from humans...
          I think you need to be a bit more specific. Private places away from humans have resulted in some bad optics...

...and it's all about the optics, you know.

Comment

The Animal Kingdom
            In contrast with us who are... The vegetal kingdom? The mineral kingdom? Fungi, bacteria, virus?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              In contrast with us who are... The vegetal kingdom? The mineral kingdom? Fungi, bacteria, virus?
              Once again, you got me on a technicality.

Normally I could argue that we part of the Divine Kingdom, but... not in economy class...

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                I think you need to be a bit more specific. Private places away from humans have resulted in some bad optics...

...and it's all about the optics, you know.
                Well, when they crap all over your seat it becomes a multi-sensory issue. Let's just say a private place away from optics.

Comment

Well, when they crap all over your seat it becomes a multi-sensory issue. Let's just say a private place away from optics.
                  Seems like the perfect opportunity to launch Evanie Airlines. Don't want to fly with pets? Call a legacy carrier. But if you love Benji, remember, we treat safety AND pets the way they SHOULD be treated.

Comment

• I believe that the private place Evan is referring to is somewhere one story below the homo sapiens level (i.e. the cargo hold).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                      I believe that the private place Evan is referring to is somewhere one story below the homo sapiens level (i.e. the cargo hold).
                      Not sure you get it: Remember- that can be harsh place for temperatures, oxygen, crate crashing and pscycological trauma. Fido did died more than once and caused United, in particular, some bad optics.

Some airlines have strict safety cultures: No living pets below deck.

Comment

• Tim Mapes, Delta's chief marketing officer, execusplains the new clusterf*ck boarding process:
                        "This latest enhancement further refines how Delta's process works and is designed to better link the Delta product they purchased to differentiated experiences throughout their journey,"

"differentiated experiences"

I nominate this for the airline industry euphemism of the year. ('enhancement" was last year's winner)

Comment

Tim Mapes, Delta's chief marketing officer, execusplains the new clusterf*ck boarding process:
                          "This latest enhancement further refines how Delta's process works and is designed to better link the Delta product they purchased to differentiated experiences throughout their journey,"

"differentiated experiences"

I nominate this for the airline industry euphemism of the year. ('enhancement" was last year's winner)
                          AND they got at least one outlet to lead with the headline "Delta doing away with boarding groups".

Pretend I unloaded an expletive-laden tie-raid about accuracy, common sense, pathological lying, delusions, and a few other things.

But hey- they had to keep up with AA who generated more NAMED groups to make the unwashed coach masses feel special as their boarding groups changed from 5, 6 and 7 to 1, 2 and 3.

What I don't get is that I'm guessing it COSTS airlines time to do all this BS when some sort of back-to-front and window to aisle algorithm (even if it's half assed) would make it better for EVERYONE AND that elusive 2% increase in aircraft utilization to squeeze down-time costs that much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                            What I don't get is that I'm guessing it COSTS airlines time to do all this BS when some sort of back-to-front and window to aisle algorithm (even if it's half assed) would make it better for EVERYONE AND that elusive 2% increase in aircraft utilization to squeeze down-time costs that much more.
                            Well, it's coming from the chief marketing officer. The chief common-sense officer probably wasn't consulted.

Do you get it now? People with money want to be elite at all times. This is how you market to them. Now sit down and eat your FAA-required snack.

Comment

Do you get it now? People with money want to be elite at all times. This is how you market to them. Now sit down and eat your FAA-required snack.
                              What was that you were saying referencing that you do NOT have an issue with society in general?

Comment

• allegedly, aa has experimented with back-to-front embarking and it failed. not sure when that was or what market(s) but i for one never saw it. only place they do anything like that is barbados. no jet bridges. you walk out onto the tarmac and take one of two airstairs. absolutely phenomenal process that goes by so fast you would think they were boarding a gulfstream.

of course, we are too modern and too worried about everything and nothing to ever intentionally board a large aircraft with airstairs on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                                X