Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera lens for Nikon

Hello,

I am here to ask advice, because i am new. I'd like to buy new lens for Nikon, but i'm not expert, which lens i should need for aircrafts etc. Also, does any1 know how good are lens from aliexpress? They are much cheaper, than in my country, thats why im interested to buy one from AliExpress.

I am thinking to buy Nikkor AF-S 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR or Nikkor AF-S DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR

Are they good enough to catch a good quality picture? I'll be waiting for ur feedback. The cost of new lens should be less than $300 or 300€!
    Thank you!

The Nikkor AF-S 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR would be a good all round lens.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      The Nikkor AF-S 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR would be a good all round lens.
      What about JINTU 420-800mm Pro F/8.3-16 Tele Telephoto Lens Manual
      Cheap price seems weird.

Comment

Originally posted by saarlanee View Post
        What about JINTU 420-800mm Pro F/8.3-16 Tele Telephoto Lens Manual
        Cheap price seems weird.
        That's most certainly rubbish. And 420mm on the short side will be too long in too many situations. Stick with Nikon (in your case) or reputable manufacturers like Sigma, Tokina and/or Tamron lenses.
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

No, this is crap. First it lacks autofocus function, secondly I am not convinced that the metering of the camera would work with anything but manual setting, it is ridiculously slow with a max. aperture of 8,3-16 and finally all users reviews describe that it hard to focus manually. All this together makes it worthless for aviation photography.

The Nikon 55-300 is okay. I use it during holidays and while not a high-end lens it works fine enough when stepped down to F7.1-8 and when you engage the AF limiter and pre-focus to a similar distance

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
            No, this is crap. First it lacks autofocus function, secondly I am not convinced that the metering of the camera would work with anything but manual setting, it is ridiculously slow with a max. aperture of 8,3-16 and finally all users reviews describe that it hard to focus manually. All this together makes it worthless for aviation photography.

The Nikon 55-300 is okay. I use it during holidays and while not a high-end lens it works fine enough when stepped down to F7.1-8 and when you engage the AF limiter and pre-focus to a similar distance

I bought 55-300mm. What settings do you recommed to get good pictures? I've tested and changed settings, but quality should be better. Maybe im doing something wrong.

Comment

I bought 55-300mm. What settings do you recommed to get good pictures? I've tested and changed settings, but quality should be better. Maybe im doing something wrong.
              First off, make sure that "Nikon D lighting" is turned off in camera. This feature is famous for causing overprocessing haloes.

Comment

First off, make sure that "Nikon D lighting" is turned off in camera. This feature is famous for causing overprocessing haloes.
                I tried to turn off, but says not available in current settings or cameras current state. Mostly i am using 6000X4000 for image size, but Jetphotos as i understand accepts like ~1200X700. Should i change it? Sorry for asking too much questions. Atleast i can get good advice from professional photographers from here.

Comment

I tried to turn off, but says not available in current settings or cameras current state. Mostly i am using 6000X4000 for image size, but Jetphotos as i understand accepts like ~1200X700. Should i change it? Sorry for asking too much questions. Atleast i can get good advice from professional photographers from here.
                  You will need to crop the image, resize it, adjust contrast and brightness etc and for these functions you will need some kind of processing software such as Adobe Photoshop CS or Photoshop Elements. There is a free piece of downloadable software called Gimp but I am told that it is a bit complicated to get your head around.

While we're at it, which Nikon camera to you have ?

Comment

You will need to crop the image, resize it, adjust contrast and brightness etc and for these functions you will need some kind of processing software such as Adobe Photoshop CS or Photoshop Elements. There is a free piece of downloadable software called Gimp but I am told that it is a bit complicated to get your head around.

While we're at it, which Nikon camera to you have ?
                    I have Nikon D5200. I think it's pretty good to be first camera.

Comment

So i've tried to upload some photos, but mostly are rejected because Dark / Underexposed
                      Undersharpened (Soft)
                      Too much or too little contrast

Can any1 edit this for an example? I'm not sure how much i should add contrast etc..
                      I really appriciate that

Comment

So i've tried to upload some photos, but mostly are rejected because Dark / Underexposed
                        Undersharpened (Soft)
                        Too much or too little contrast

Hello,
                        we have two threads in the forum specially for those type of questions.

Have a question about Photo Editing software (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc.), improving your photos, etc.? Our crew of Photo Screeners is here to help you out!

and
                        https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthread.php?55124-NEW-Editing-advice-thread&p=648535#post648535

Can any1 edit this for an example? I'm not sure how much i should add contrast etc..
                        I really appriciate that
                        I think, when you agree, its better to send the original file for editing.
                        Best Regards from Germany,
                        Julian S.​

Comment

Working...
                        X