Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth an appeal?

Hey Everyone,

I could have sworn I had an account here from years ago when I started uploading, but it appears that is not the case.

In any event, I received a reject on the following two photos for over-processing with the screener indicating that there's a halo around the jet. As I've been known to overcook things in Camera Raw (at least when you get to the level of equalizing the images, they usually look just fine as saved), I went back and checked the files that I uploaded in photoshop and I could not for the life of me find a halo on either of these images even after equalizing them and boosting contrast. Apologies in advance if I'm missing the obvious!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5825455

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5825456
    Attached Files

Originally posted by captmjk16 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I could have sworn I had an account here from years ago when I started uploading, but it appears that is not the case.

In any event, I received a reject on the following two photos for over-processing with the screener indicating that there's a halo around the jet. As I've been known to overcook things in Camera Raw (at least when you get to the level of equalizing the images, they usually look just fine as saved), I went back and checked the files that I uploaded in photoshop and I could not for the life of me find a halo on either of these images even after equalizing them and boosting contrast. Apologies in advance if I'm missing the obvious!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5825455

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5825456
    To answer your initial question: they are not worthy an appeal. Both photos have huge halos around the aircraft, they are glowing, which makes the contrast between aircraft and sky look unnatural. If you can't see it, try to equalize the photos.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      To answer your initial question: they are not worthy an appeal. Both photos have huge halos around the aircraft, they are glowing, which makes the contrast between aircraft and sky look unnatural. If you can't see it, try to equalize the photos.
      With all due respect, I'm not sure I see the "huge glowing halo" particularly not one all around the aircraft in the photos. When I initially received the rejection I pulled them up in Photoshop and equalized the image there was no halo apparent, a process which I repeated for this post.

I went back and saved an equalized copy of the Fanhansa photo and attached it to this post. The only thing that looks a bit unnatural in this version is the darker area in the middle of the higher portion of the center of the aircraft aft of the hump, which is present (though more pronounced) even in the original raw file and is part of the vignette of the lens and has nothing to do with a "halo" as you'd expect from the Shadow/Highlights tool or other genuine over-processing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JPNetD-ABYI_EQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1015663

Comment

With all due respect, I'm not sure I see the "huge glowing halo" particularly not one all around the aircraft in the photos. When I initially received the rejection I pulled them up in Photoshop and equalized the image there was no halo apparent, a process which I repeated for this post.

I went back and saved an equalized copy of the Fanhansa photo and attached it to this post. The only thing that looks a bit unnatural in this version is the darker area in the middle of the higher portion of the center of the aircraft aft of the hump, which is present (though more pronounced) even in the original raw file and is part of the vignette of the lens and has nothing to do with a "halo" as you'd expect from the Shadow/Highlights tool or other genuine over-processing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7515[/ATTACH]
        That darker area has nothing to do with vignetting, but with overprocessing. If this effect is visible in the raw files, it can be a result of in-camera settings, as for example D-lighting in some Nikon cameras.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7515[/ATTACH]
          The halo is so strong I can see it in the thumbnail. Definitely something you've done in processing.

Comment

Working...
          X