Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical stop duration

Hello,

Following a research on the Net and being an aviation enthusiast with a specific attraction for civil aviation, I discovered your friendly community to which I decided to register !! ... I would like to point out that being french speaker, my English might not be the most understandable, which is why I would ask you to be patient and understanding...

I've noticed that during a report on an Air France A380, just arrived from a flight it seems it assured on Los Angeles, therefore of a duration of 12h of flight, it was programmed 3h after his park for a new flight on New York!!.... This time of stop seemed rather short to me: personally, I play a simulation of airline management, and for my long-haul planes, I set a stopover of 50% of the duration of flight that they make, that is to say that if my A380 makes a 12-hour flight, I leave it parked at destination for 6 hours before its return flight time, this in my opinion to not keep the reactors operating on stresses too sustained, potentially increasing the risk of failure. I would like to know whether there are any technical constraints or other factors which determine the minimum duration of technical stop for different types of aircraft?

Thank you for your answers.

While I have no clue, I think your question is all about some mundane practical stuff...loading/off-loading baggage and supplies, cleaning the cabin, maybe a few checks of this and that, but no real mechanical/safety reason to hold the plane in place just because it spent a long time on the prior flight.

I think it's not unusual for a plane to arrive, and be tuned 'as quickly as possible' with relatively little ground time (in the greater scheme of things).
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
    X