Loss of sharpness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of sharpness

Hi everyone, I noticed that my accepted photos in databases suffer of a certain loss of sharpness compared to the original ones. Has anyone else noticed this problem too?

Originally posted by medo View Post
    Hi everyone, I noticed that my accepted photos in databases suffer of a certain loss of sharpness compared to the original ones. Has anyone else noticed this problem too?
    Do you have a sample for us to compare?

Comment

I am going to take a few guesses...

1) The images that look soft are those you upload at 1920 pixels.

2) The screen you are viewing them on has a resolution of 1920 x 1020 (or 1200) pixels.

Currently, when the full size images are opened on jetphotos.net, they scale to a few pixels smaller than your screens resolution. This is where the images will appear slightly softer.

Comment

On my screen I use a resolution of 1920x1080;
        Do you think it might be within the motivation you told me?

Comment

Yes, then the website is resizing your full sized images to a few pixels below your native resolution, and in the process, giving them a softer appearance. Whether Flightradar24 will change this in the future, I do not know.

Comment

It's a shame because there is quality loss

Comment

I tried to upload the same photo at 1600px (and 1280px too) but there is a loss of quality clearly visible respect to the file that produces photoshop... Can there be a solution? Maybe I'm wrong something? The pictures of other members seem ok...

Comment

Hi,

We do not modify or manipulate the photos at all. There will be cases where perhaps, as Dave points out, the images will be resized for your screen.

You can view the original photo by right clicking on the photo and in Chrome select "Open image in new tab". If using Firefox select "View image".

Thanks,
                Laurence

Comment

I tried uploading to a hosting site and I put the two images in comparison:

This is the image on jetphotos

[1920px]. EI-IMW. Airbus A319-111. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This is the original image on flickr (which is not famous for not losing quality)

Please enlarge both images, do you notice the loss of quality?

Comment

I do not notice any difference in quality. Just to confirm you are actually viewing the largest possible size on the jetphotos website...

Click on your jetphotos image so it expands to the size of your screen, and then right click on it and Open Image in new tab. It should then be display at its original 1920p size.

Comment

Thanks Mr Chips, opening the picture in a new tab as you say the picture looks like original.
                      I hope the original visualization can be arranged just before the introduction of the new site.

Comment

Working...
                      X