Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lear 35 down approaching Teterboro

A reminder: almost all aircraft have AOA indicators...just not on the panel...
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLcrew View Post
    I'm not opposed to it. In fact, I'm so not opposed to it that I'm even aware that the 320 series actually has one. It's not marketed as such and is not normally displayed, but it's available for anyone who wants to use it.
    The A320 originally had an (optional) analog gauge. I didn't know there was a standard EFIS version. Where does it display?

Gabriel would like an indication integrated with the PFD pitch scale. You could argue that the FPV is an AoA reference (pitch - FPA = AoA). As well as any aircraft with a pitch limit indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Gabriel would like an indication integrated with the PFD pitch scale.
    Will you be suggesting this to Airbus, or are you counting on them monitoring this board?

Should there be a poll established on the forum?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

The A320 originally had an (optional) analog gauge. I didn't know there was a standard EFIS version. Where does it display?

Gabriel would like an indication integrated with the PFD pitch scale. You could argue that the FPV is an AoA reference (pitch - FPA = AoA). As well as any aircraft with a pitch limit indicator.
    I believe that ATLcrew is referring to the fact that you can navigate down the system pages in the MFD to the point where you can get the raw reading of different sensors including the AoA vane. I think you can do that inn many planes. Although I don;t know if I would call that an AoA "indicator".

Regarding the FPV, yes, that's the idea. Just that the flight path has to be the "air" flight path.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

You could argue that the FPV is an AoA reference (pitch - FPA = AoA).
    I wouldn't argue that, I would make a factual statement to that effect, like you just did. Not sure what there is to argue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I believe that ATLcrew is referring to the fact that you can navigate down the system pages in the MFD to the point where you can get the raw reading of different sensors including the AoA vane.
    Actually, that would be in the MCDU, not the MFD, and no, that's not what I meant. That menu is not normally shown or taught. Except to me and maybe nine other serious nerds like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLcrew View Post
    I wouldn't argue that, I would make a factual statement to that effect, like you just did. Not sure what there is to argue there.
    The argument being as to whether a dedicated AoA indicator is thus needed.