Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware! AA Astrojet Livery is Gone!

Hello spotters,
    Planning on going to the airport because N951AA is coming? Hoping that you will see the Astrojet Livery? Halt! They repainted the Astrojet Livery into the new colors. Pretty upsetting. I really hope that they will put that livery on a new aircraft. Anyone have any ideas as to why they did this?
    Reguards,
    -Braeden

fairly certain there is more than one plane in that livery. aa has a whole bunch of planes painted in the liveries of the air lines that were merged with aa over the decades.

Comment

There was only 1 737 in the "Astrojet" livery. There used to be a 757 also. But looking at FR24 data for the aircraft, it went off to New Iberia (ARA) where there is a paint shop for 10 days, so it sounds like it could be true! I'm glad I got it last year in Miaimi.

Comment

B7772ADL, correct. AAL has the Aircal, Reno, and TWA retro liveries on the 737, and 2 OneWorld Livery 737s, and the flagship livery 737. Being that the only Astrojet livery aircraft was repainted, there currently isn't one in the AAL fleet. However, just heard some good news. They are putting the livery on N905NN, a newer 738.

Comment

We can step away from the cliff, then?
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            We can step away from the cliff, then?
            hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
              fairly certain there is more than one plane in that livery. aa has a whole bunch of planes painted in the liveries of the air lines that were merged with aa over the decades.
              Between Newport Beach CA and Miami Beach FL it seems to be clear how such a bird looks like. But I think, well, the threadstarter is a Junior. He should learn how to use the JP database.
              For all those members who don't live between CA and FL...

I assume that this bird is also part of the JP database, so this is AA retro, isn't it:

Video: AstroJet B738 at O'Hare.

Once, I thought, that "Retro" is defined by "as old as me or older". But I don't know much about AA liveries during the last 4 decades.

TeeVee?

PS: When I first visited DUS intercontinental airport, hand in hand with my father, 35 or 36 years ago, the black radar nose was in vogue. Men, we all are gettin older, don't we.
              Some airports exist since 9 decades... Condor Flugdienst B742 auf DUS... Ohne Vorbild kommt doch niemand zurecht.
              Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-05-24, 23:49. Reason: The black radar nose definitely is retro.
              The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
              The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
              And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
              This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Hello, yes, I am new to the forums. It's considered a retro based on the 1960s livery.
                Regards,
                -Braeden

Comment

Working...
                X