Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of the plane can be cut off and what parts can't be cut off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of the plane can be cut off and what parts can't be cut off.

Hello.
    Had rejected images where some parts of the planes are cut off, mean while I see tones of images in the DB where there are some and in some cases most of the aircarft cut off.
    So I would like to know if there is a rule for it or is just a matter of personal preference by the screener.

Thank you.

It will always come down to the preference of the screener. However, what I look for when screening is a balanced image. If it works to cutoff the wing just after the engine, I will accept. If however, you have cut off part of the wing, horizontal/vertical stab right at the end, you are more likely to get a rejection. It's all about balancing the image. Do you have an example?
    Best regards,
    Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

First time in Getafe EADS-Airbus Factory.At the background to the left, the Eurofighter Typhoon EF2000 (C.16-20) of Spain Air Force [cn.PS001/IPA4]. F-WWEA. Airbus A380-861. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Ready for push back for flight to JFK.. A6-EDA. Airbus A380-861. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

There are many examples like these.

Comment

Originally posted by YonnyMestampo View Post
        https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/5978677

Ready for push back for flight to JFK.. A6-EDA. Airbus A380-861. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

There are many examples like these.
        I'd look for more recent examples to compare to; those are both nearly 10 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
          I'd look for more recent examples to compare to; those are both nearly 10 years old.
          Ofcourse

A6-EUK. Airbus A380-861. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The PowerHouse of IndiGo A320, the International Aero Engines V2527-A5 which generates 27,000 Lbf of thrust. VT-IFM seen here resting at her gate at VOHS. Photo taken while returning back from Indian Aviation 2016. 1200 Pixels.. VT-IFM. Airbus A320-232. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

As I said Yonny, all comes down to screener discretion. If I see a balanced image which both the IndiGo and the Emirates are, then fair enough. If the image looks unusual with part of the aircraft cut-off, I will vote reject. I will never instant reject unless it is a very poor example to ensure that other screeners have their opinion.

If you upload some of your examples, we can tell you our opinion. So far I've only seen references to other pictures in the database.
            Best regards,
            Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Ofcourse

A6-EUK. Airbus A380-861. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8243721
              Both of those examples are perfectly acceptable. The first is a close crop, with a clean crop on the sides leaving the gear intact. The second is a close up of an engine. If you were submit an image with a similar crop to either of those, 'cut off' should not be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by davepotter View Post
                As I said Yonny, all comes down to screener discretion. If I see a balanced image which both the IndiGo and the Emirates are, then fair enough. If the image looks unusual with part of the aircraft cut-off, I will vote reject. I will never instant reject unless it is a very poor example to ensure that other screeners have their opinion.

If you upload some of your examples, we can tell you our opinion. So far I've only seen references to other pictures in the database.
                Absolutely

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Absolutely

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=5920316
                  Other issues aside, the crop on the first is totally acceptable. The second seems awkward to me, but others may not agree.

Comment

Besides of the crop, is it allowed to place the watermark like in the two pics? To me it looks like it belongs to the painting at the first glimpse. Is that accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
                      Besides of the crop, is it allowed to place the watermark like in the two pics? To me it looks like it belongs to the painting at the first glimpse. Is that accepted?
                      I agree the placement of the watermark in both images is borderline, but I think it would be acceptable to most screeners. The more the watermark starts to look like a part of the livery (or just block the aircraft), the more likely it is to be rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        I agree the placement of the watermark in both images is borderline, but I think it would be acceptable to most screeners. The more the watermark starts to look like a part of the livery (or just block the aircraft), the more likely it is to be rejected.
                        In addition to that: we already rejected photos with such watermarks, which look like a part of the painting.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                        X